|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Voyage to Scutari through Chapter 12, Second Siege of Constantinople.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The envoys reach Venice, and explain to the Doge of Venice, Enrico Dandolo, that their masters wish the Venetians to do what for them?
(a) Fight for Jerusalem.
(c) Flee the city.
(d) Build them a fleet of warships and transports.
2. Shaw closes the introduction by noting that he has modernized the chronicles for what reason?
(a) To make them more accurate.
(b) To make them exciting.
(c) To make them simpler for modern individuals to read.
(d) To make them more interesting.
3. The French will attack by ________.
4. The Crusaders begin to gather in Venice after what in 1202?
(b) Palm Sunday.
(c) Good Friday.
5. In 1198, a saint named ___________ is preaching the word of God in France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Geoffroy returns to France to find Thibaut how?
2. Jean de Joinville, author of the second book, grew up as a powerful figure in that he was Lord of Joinville when?
3. Geoffroy and his companions return to France to tell the news, while the others travel where to continue to rally support for the Crusade?
4. When did Joinville write the chronicle?
5. It is soon decided that to take the city, the Venetians will attack by _________.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)