|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Voyage to Scutari through Chapter 12, Second Siege of Constantinople.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back in Venice, the Venetians show the Franks the warships they have created. Why do the French find themselves short of the amount of money they owe?
(a) So many of the army have died.
(b) So many of the army have become ill.
(c) So many of the army have not appeared as planned.
(d) So many of the army did not convert as planned.
2. When did Joinville write the chronicle?
(a) A few years after the Crusade ended.
(b) During the Crusade.
(c) Very late in life.
(d) At the end of the Crusade.
3. When did Joinville take the cross?
4. A reconnaissance force of French soldiers attacks a Greek pavilion, and succeeds in forcing the Greek forces to flee. The following day, an envoy from the Emperor arrives and does what?
(a) Asks why the men have invaded the land, since they are also Christians.
(c) Asks why the men have invaded the land, since he is their Emperor.
(d) Attacks the men.
5. Joinville's account of the crusade includes what?
(a) His family's experiences in the crusade.
(b) His own experiences in the crusade.
(c) King Louis' own experiences in the crusade.
(d) His father's experiences in the crusade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who preached for a war to capture Jerusalem?
2. The expedition would travel to Cairo to crush the Turks first, and would meet in Venice by when in 1202?
3. In Constantinople, Prince Issac and his son Alexius escape from whom?
4. Shaw closes the introduction by noting that he has modernized the chronicles for what reason?
5. The barons camp at the tower of ________, knowing the Greeks will soon attack. When they do so the following morning, they are defeated swiftly, and the army takes the tower.
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)