|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Voyage to Scutari through Chapter 12, Second Siege of Constantinople.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The expedition would travel to Cairo to crush the Turks first, and would meet in Venice by when in 1202?
(a) Saint Joseph's Day.
(b) Saint Thomas's Day.
(c) Saint John's Day.
(d) Saint Matthew's Day.
2. Other troops land in a town near Turkey, and do what?
(a) Protect it and make peace.
(b) Raid it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Ignore it.
3. On reaching Cape Malia, they find two ships full of what?
(a) The enemy.
(c) Those who had previously deserted the army.
(d) Sick men.
4. Around 1244, what promise did King Louis IX make to God?
(a) If he recovered from his illness, he would convert.
(b) If his son recovered from his illnees, he would recover Jerusalem.
(c) If he recovered from his illness, he would recover Jerusalem.
(d) If he could recover Jerusalem, he would convert.
5. When did Louis begin the Eighth Crusade?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the goal of the crusades?
2. Simultaneously, a fleet of ships with hundreds of men sail through the Straits of Morocco to Venice, but these men, along with many others, failed to do what?
3. The translator, R.B. Shaw, begins the novel with a brief introduction that explains what?
4. On the day of the main attack, what happens when the French attempt to scale the walls of the city?
5. In 1198, a saint named ___________ is preaching the word of God in France.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)