|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Muster-roll of the Fourth Crusade through Chapter 6, Discord in the Army.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Geoffroy returns to France to find Thibaut how?
(c) Very powerful.
(d) Very ill.
2. Through the next several decades, the area was overrun by Turks, and won back by Christians when?
(a) In the first three Crusades.
(b) In the third Crusade.
(c) In the first Crusade.
(d) In the second Crusade.
3. Challengers of his story note that he places blame for several failures of the army on those who deserted the crusade without taking into account social situations outside of the crusades, and that he removes blame purposefully from whom?
4. In his will, Thibaut leaves his money to his followers on what condition?
(a) They financially support the crusade.
(b) They fight the crusaders.
(c) They join the crusade.
(d) They do not join the crusade.
5. The fourth crusade, chronicled first in the novel, is written by Villehardouin, and is, according to Shaw, the first reliable record of the crusades by whom?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Venetians.
(c) The French.
(d) The Saxons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shaw closes the introduction by noting that he has modernized the chronicles for what reason?
2. When did Joinville take the cross?
3. Back in Venice, the Venetians show the Franks the warships they have created. Why do the French find themselves short of the amount of money they owe?
4. After Thibaut's death, who is asked to become leader of the Crusades?
5. The expedition would travel to Cairo to crush the Turks first, and would meet in Venice by when in 1202?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)