|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11: The King in Acre through Chapter 15, Expedition to Jaffa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Doge makes what offer, if the French agree to pay five marks per horse and two marks per man?
(a) To convert to Christianity and take up the cross.
(b) Surrender the city to the Crusaders.
(c) To build transports as well as ships for a fee of 85,000 marks, and to supply all with rations for nine months.
(d) Leave for Jerusalem immediately.
2. The fourth crusade, chronicled first in the novel, is written by Villehardouin, and is, according to Shaw, the first reliable record of the crusades by whom?
(a) The Venetians.
(b) The French.
(c) The Saxons.
(d) The Greeks.
3. He and the other barons are pushed to give up lands for freedom, and made to believe what is to happen to them?
(a) They are to be enslaved.
(b) They are to be tortured.
(c) They are to be set free.
(d) They are about to be killed.
4. The fleet stops at Andros and overruns the area until when?
(a) The Emperor pays them in money and goods.
(b) The Pope tells them to return home.
(c) They become bored.
(d) They run out of ammunitions.
5. The king realizes the army is slowly dying off from illness, and determines what must happen?
(a) The war must end.
(b) The men must return to France.
(c) They must fight one more time.
(d) They must be moved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Louis refuses peace until when?
2. The king, hiding in a village, gives what order?
3. When did Villehardouin write the chronicle?
4. Henri and his troops travel to save Cyzicus from whom?
5. Seeing the battle, the king does what?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)