|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11: The King in Acre through Chapter 15, Expedition to Jaffa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The king agrees to do what for the release of himself and his men?
(a) Give over Cairo and a million gold bezants.
(b) Give over Constantinople and a million gold bezants.
(c) Give over Damietta and a million gold bezants.
(d) Give over France and a million gold bezants.
2. Murzuphlus is four days from Constantinople. He takes many cities along the way, and Baudouin decides to do what?
(a) Assist Murzuphlus.
(b) Stop his attack.
(c) Convert Murzuphlus.
3. When did Louis begin the Eighth Crusade?
4. When is the new Emperor's coronation?
(a) In 1214.
(b) In 1204.
(c) In 1234.
(d) In 1224.
5. The king's army finds themselves camped on one side of __________ with the enemy on the other.
(a) The Ganges.
(b) The Tigres.
(c) The Yellow River.
(d) The Nile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Challengers of his story note that he places blame for several failures of the army on those who deserted the crusade without taking into account social situations outside of the crusades, and that he removes blame purposefully from whom?
2. In Constantinople, what happens to Murzuphlus when he has been captured?
3. Simultaneously, a fleet of ships with hundreds of men sail through the Straits of Morocco to Venice, but these men, along with many others, failed to do what?
4. Joinville gives several examples of phrases stated by Louis that show what?
5. The king, hiding in a village, gives what order?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)