|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11: The King in Acre through Chapter 15, Expedition to Jaffa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Lascaris attacks the lands on one side of the straits, Johanitza attacks what city?
2. For how long was this holy city transferred back and forth between Christians and the Turks before a Holy War was initiated by Pope Gregory VII?
(a) Hundreds of years.
(b) Fifty years.
(c) One hundred years.
(d) Thousands of years.
3. What has the king arranged for his men?
(a) Conditions for their enslavement.
(b) Conditions for their release.
(c) A quick death.
(d) A place to rest.
4. Joinville explains he himself is stricken with what, but recovers?
(a) Lung fever.
(b) Yellow fever.
(c) Scarlet fever.
(d) The army disease.
5. A reconnaissance force of French soldiers attacks a Greek pavilion, and succeeds in forcing the Greek forces to flee. The following day, an envoy from the Emperor arrives and does what?
(b) Asks why the men have invaded the land, since he is their Emperor.
(c) Attacks the men.
(d) Asks why the men have invaded the land, since they are also Christians.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ships land at Constantinople, and eventually make their way to the port at __________, where they meet the Emperor Alexius, the man who imprisoned Issac and Prince Alexius.
2. Henri and his troops follow the retreating soldiers of Lascaris until when?
3. Because of what reason do the Templars chase the Turks and kill many of them?
4. The Venetians offer fifty armed alleys at no charge, as long as what happens?
5. How are the Tartars described?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)