|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11: The King in Acre through Chapter 15, Expedition to Jaffa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back in Venice, the Venetians show the Franks the warships they have created. Why do the French find themselves short of the amount of money they owe?
(a) So many of the army have become ill.
(b) So many of the army did not convert as planned.
(c) So many of the army have not appeared as planned.
(d) So many of the army have died.
2. The remaining lands are divided as promised between the French and the Venetians. How do the French rule?
(c) With selfishness.
3. Murzuphlus calls on previous emperor Alexius for aid, and Alexius promises help. When Alexius invites him to the palace, what happens?
(a) Murzuphlus tears out Alexius' eyes.
(b) Murzuphlus sign a treaty.
(c) Murzuphlus kills Alexius.
(d) Alexius tears out Murzuphlus' eyes.
4. What happens to Renier de Trit's son, brother, nephew, and son-in-law?
(a) They are beheaded by King Johanitza.
(b) They are pardoned by King Johanitza.
(c) They are tricked by King Johanitza.
(d) They are tortured by King Johanitza.
5. On reaching Cape Malia, they find two ships full of what?
(b) Those who had previously deserted the army.
(c) The enemy.
(d) Sick men.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Johanitza loses his Coman soldiers, he retreats from where?
2. Shaw states Villehardouin made it clear the problems between the Franks and the Greeks, as well as the greed of the Franks, led to what?
3. The French will attack by ________.
4. What does the army do as Johanitza flees from one city to the next?
5. The king realizes the army is slowly dying off from illness, and determines what must happen?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)