|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11: The King in Acre through Chapter 15, Expedition to Jaffa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shaw closes the introduction by noting that he has modernized the chronicles for what reason?
(a) To make them more accurate.
(b) To make them more interesting.
(c) To make them simpler for modern individuals to read.
(d) To make them exciting.
2. Joinville and his men attack a Turkish camp, only to find nearly how many Turks right outside the camp?
(a) Sixteen thousand.
(b) Six thousand.
(c) Six hundred.
(d) Sixteen hundred.
3. This time, the king has forbidden the army to battle. At the death of a Templar, what happens?
(a) The Crusaders retreat.
(b) The Crusaders mourn his death.
(c) The others chase down and kill the enemy.
(d) The king orders the men to chase down and kill the enemy.
4. Spies in the camp of the Saracen report the leader is stating what and planning an attack?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He will be victorious.
(c) The enemy is weakened.
(d) The king is dead.
5. The envoys reach Venice, and explain to the Doge of Venice, Enrico Dandolo, that their masters wish the Venetians to do what for them?
(a) Flee the city.
(b) Fight for Jerusalem.
(d) Build them a fleet of warships and transports.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joinville gives most of the money to who for safe keeping?
2. When the Crusaders find themselves at Damietta, how many troops has the sultan placed there?
3. When the king's brother, Comte de Poitiers, arrives at Cyprus, they decide to sail where?
4. The envoy coming back from the Tartars reports that they used the religious items sent by Louis to do what?
5. One evening, the Turks begin to shoot fireballs at the army, destroying what?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)