|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11: The King in Acre through Chapter 15, Expedition to Jaffa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fleet sails from the port of Corfu when?
(a) In 1213.
(b) In 1223.
(c) In 1233.
(d) In 1203.
2. There is a war on all sides, and the king advances with his army, refusing to allow them to fight how?
(a) Without him.
(b) Without weapons.
(c) Without enough food.
(d) Without enough preparations.
3. How are the Tartars described?
(a) As strange.
(b) As intelligent.
(c) As savages.
(d) As scary.
4. The fleet stops at Andros and overruns the area until when?
(a) They become bored.
(b) They run out of ammunitions.
(c) The Pope tells them to return home.
(d) The Emperor pays them in money and goods.
5. Upon payment, the Comte de Poitiers is released. What do the Turks do with the sick French men in Damietta?
(a) They free them.
(b) They enslave them.
(c) They kill them.
(d) They torture them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joinville finds he cannot pay his knights, what does the king offer to do?
2. Baudouin and his troops attack Adrianople, but find it protected by whom?
3. When is the new Emperor's coronation?
4. Murzuphlus calls on previous emperor Alexius for aid, and Alexius promises help. When Alexius invites him to the palace, what happens?
5. Spies in the camp of the Saracen report the leader is stating what and planning an attack?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)