|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Voyage to Scutari through Chapter 12, Second Siege of Constantinople.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Venetians offer fifty armed alleys at no charge, as long as what happens?
(a) The French do not force them out of their city.
(b) The French give them anything the two armies wins.
(c) Anything the army wins is split in half between the Franks and the Venetians.
(d) They do not have to convert.
2. Around 1244, what promise did King Louis IX make to God?
(a) If he recovered from his illness, he would convert.
(b) If he could recover Jerusalem, he would convert.
(c) If he recovered from his illness, he would recover Jerusalem.
(d) If his son recovered from his illnees, he would recover Jerusalem.
3. He notes that Villehardouin saw his crusade as what?
(a) A duty to God.
(b) A way to earn wealth and power.
(c) A duty to himself.
(d) A duty to his country.
4. When did Joinville take the cross?
5. When did Joinville write the chronicle?
(a) A few years after the Crusade ended.
(b) At the end of the Crusade.
(c) During the Crusade.
(d) Very late in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Constantinople, Prince Issac and his son Alexius escape from whom?
2. It is soon decided that to take the city, the Venetians will attack by _________.
3. A reconnaissance force of French soldiers attacks a Greek pavilion, and succeeds in forcing the Greek forces to flee. The following day, an envoy from the Emperor arrives and does what?
4. The French will attack by ________.
5. The Greeks attempt to set fire to the Crusader's ships by doing what?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)