|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Voyage to Scutari through Chapter 12, Second Siege of Constantinople.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the goal of the crusades?
(a) To kill those who are not Christians.
(b) To capture the Holy City Jerusalem.
(c) To return Europe to Christianity.
(d) To convert all to Christianity.
2. Shaw closes the introduction by noting that he has modernized the chronicles for what reason?
(a) To make them more interesting.
(b) To make them exciting.
(c) To make them more accurate.
(d) To make them simpler for modern individuals to read.
3. Challengers of his story note that he places blame for several failures of the army on those who deserted the crusade without taking into account social situations outside of the crusades, and that he removes blame purposefully from whom?
4. On the day of the main attack, what happens when the French attempt to scale the walls of the city?
(a) They are slowly driven back.
(b) They quickly take over the tower.
(c) They are quickly driven back.
(d) They slowly take over the tower.
5. When was Villehardouin born?
(a) Between 1200 and 1204.
(b) Between 1250 and 1254.
(c) Between 1270 and1274.
(d) Between 1150 and 1154.
Short Answer Questions
1. The army tells the envoy the Emperor does not own the land, and that unless he gives the lands back to the prince, they will do what?
2. Who preached for a war to capture Jerusalem?
3. The Crusaders begin to gather in Venice after what in 1202?
4. Shaw states Villehardouin made it clear the problems between the Franks and the Greeks, as well as the greed of the Franks, led to what?
5. In his will, Thibaut leaves his money to his followers on what condition?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)