|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Voyage to Scutari through Chapter 12, Second Siege of Constantinople.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The translator, R.B. Shaw, begins the novel with a brief introduction that explains what?
(a) The history of Christianity.
(b) The purpose of this book.
(c) The history of his career.
(d) The two chronicles given in the novel.
2. The army then takes the prince near the walls of Constantinople and does what?
(a) Shows him to the people.
(b) Throws him over a wall.
(c) Threatens him.
(d) Asks him to beg his people for forgiveness.
3. The French will attack by ________.
4. The Crusaders begin to gather in Venice after what in 1202?
(a) Palm Sunday.
(b) Good Friday.
5. In 1198, a saint named ___________ is preaching the word of God in France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through the next several decades, the area was overrun by Turks, and won back by Christians when?
2. Around 1244, what promise did King Louis IX make to God?
3. Challengers of his story note that he places blame for several failures of the army on those who deserted the crusade without taking into account social situations outside of the crusades, and that he removes blame purposefully from whom?
4. A reconnaissance force of French soldiers attacks a Greek pavilion, and succeeds in forcing the Greek forces to flee. The following day, an envoy from the Emperor arrives and does what?
5. The Doge makes what offer, if the French agree to pay five marks per horse and two marks per man?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)