|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Voyage to Scutari through Chapter 12, Second Siege of Constantinople.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shaw states Villehardouin made it clear the problems between the Franks and the Greeks, as well as the greed of the Franks, led to what?
(a) The fall of Jerusalem.
(b) The Crusades.
(c) The power of the army.
(d) The downfall of the army and the crusade.
2. What leaves the army highly decreased in numbers?
(c) Many Barons escape.
3. The fleet sails from the port of Corfu when?
(a) In 1223.
(b) In 1213.
(c) In 1233.
(d) In 1203.
4. Other troops land in a town near Turkey, and do what?
(a) Raid it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Protect it and make peace.
(d) Ignore it.
5. Pope Innocent proclaims that anyone who takes up the cross as part of the army for how long will be free from all of their sins?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. The army tells the envoy the Emperor does not own the land, and that unless he gives the lands back to the prince, they will do what?
2. Around 1244, what promise did King Louis IX make to God?
3. The Greeks attempt to set fire to the Crusader's ships by doing what?
4. The Venetians succeed in taking __________, and set fire to those in between themselves and the Greeks.
5. For how long did the French army camp on one side of the straits while Alexius and his army camp on the other?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)