|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dedication through Part 2, Chapter 2: Preparations for a Crusade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pope Innocent proclaims that anyone who takes up the cross as part of the army for how long will be free from all of their sins?
(a) Six months.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
2. Louis teaches that faith in God should be so complete that what happens?
(a) Nothing can make one doubt.
(b) Nothing can make one willing to go against God.
(c) Nothing can make one sin.
(d) Nothing can make one unhappy.
3. Joinville tells a story of the bishop telling the king he should threaten those who have been excommunicated from the Church with what to lure them back to God?
(a) Seizure of their possessions.
4. Geoffroy returns to France to find Thibaut how?
(a) Very powerful.
(c) Very ill.
5. The ships land at Constantinople, and eventually make their way to the port at __________, where they meet the Emperor Alexius, the man who imprisoned Issac and Prince Alexius.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joinville discusses the birth of the king, and how his mother raised him to believe in what?
2. Henri and all able men in Constantinople go by land and sea to save Kibotos. Are they successful?
3. What does Louis believe is worse than anything?
4. Geoffroy and his companions return to France to tell the news, while the others travel where to continue to rally support for the Crusade?
5. As Johanitza loses his Coman soldiers, he retreats from where?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)