|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dedication through Part 2, Chapter 2: Preparations for a Crusade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joinville discusses the birth of the king, and how his mother raised him to believe in what?
(a) The power of wealth.
(b) Faith and love.
(c) God and justice.
(d) The joys of family.
2. Pope Innocent proclaims that anyone who takes up the cross as part of the army for how long will be free from all of their sins?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five years.
3. In Constantinople, who does Emperor Henri marry?
(a) The sister of Marquis de Montferret, Agnes.
(b) The daughter of Emperor Baudouin.
(c) The daughter of Marquis de Montferret, Agnes.
(d) The sister of Emperor Baudouin.
4. The envoys reach Venice, and explain to the Doge of Venice, Enrico Dandolo, that their masters wish the Venetians to do what for them?
(a) Fight for Jerusalem.
(c) Build them a fleet of warships and transports.
(d) Flee the city.
5. Who is Henri?
(a) Brother of the Emperor.
(b) Cousin of the Emperor.
(c) The Emperor.
(d) Father of the Emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Crusaders send an envoy into Constantinople to ask the new Emperor to do what?
2. A reconnaissance force of French soldiers attacks a Greek pavilion, and succeeds in forcing the Greek forces to flee. The following day, an envoy from the Emperor arrives and does what?
3. For how long does Renier de Trit flee to Stenimaka?
4. Joinville tells of the Queen of Cyprus, the daughter of the eldest son of Henri the Generous, who is summoned to dispossess who after an argument?
5. The French will attack by ________.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)