|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dedication through Part 2, Chapter 2: Preparations for a Crusade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Johanitza attacks Demotika, the people beg who to come to their aid?
(b) The Latins.
2. The expedition would travel to Cairo to crush the Turks first, and would meet in Venice by when in 1202?
(a) Saint John's Day.
(b) Saint Thomas's Day.
(c) Saint Matthew's Day.
(d) Saint Joseph's Day.
3. From whom do the Greeks ask for assistance?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Latins.
(c) The French.
(d) The British.
4. Villehardouin and Comte Hugues are chosen to travel to meet some of the defecting barons to do what?
(a) Attempt to bring them back to Venice.
(b) Attempt to convince them to leave for Cairo.
(c) Attempt to bring them back to Paris.
(d) Attempt to convert them.
5. The Crusaders send an envoy into Constantinople to ask the new Emperor to do what?
(a) Change the laws.
(b) Help them return home.
(c) Give them payment for saving him.
(d) Ratify the covenant his son proclaimed at the beginning of their journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Louis travels to Pointiers, but is confronted by whom?
2. There is a war on all sides, and the king advances with his army, refusing to allow them to fight how?
3. The fleet sails from the port of Corfu when?
4. The Marquis de Montferrat calls for all members of the army to do what?
5. The king defends giving lands to the King of England by noting _________, and thus, should be respected.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)