|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8: Victory and its Aftermath through Chapter 10, Negotiations with the Saracens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johanitza arrives at Philippopolis and accepts the surrender of the people. What does he do after this?
(a) He protects his new citizens.
(b) Kills many of the citizens and destroys the city.
(c) He puts the people into his service.
(d) He takes care of the people.
2. The Crusaders send an envoy into Constantinople to ask the new Emperor to do what?
(a) Ratify the covenant his son proclaimed at the beginning of their journey.
(b) Change the laws.
(c) Give them payment for saving him.
(d) Help them return home.
3. Joinville, in a ship on water, is also taken captive, but is not killed for what reason?
(a) He kills the enemy.
(b) He is very wealthy.
(c) He claims to be the king's cousin.
(d) He threatens the enemy.
4. The Venetians succeed in taking __________, and set fire to those in between themselves and the Greeks.
(a) Twenty-five towers.
(b) Thirty towers.
(c) Fifteen towers.
(d) Twenty towers.
5. Henri and all able men in Constantinople go by land and sea to save Kibotos. Are they successful?
(a) Only at first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Greeks begin to rebel against Johanitza?
2. As Johanitza loses his Coman soldiers, he retreats from where?
3. Where does Emperor Baudouin die?
4. What does the army do as Johanitza flees from one city to the next?
5. Upon payment, the Comte de Poitiers is released. What do the Turks do with the sick French men in Damietta?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)