|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8: Victory and its Aftermath through Chapter 10, Negotiations with the Saracens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ships land at Constantinople, and eventually make their way to the port at __________, where they meet the Emperor Alexius, the man who imprisoned Issac and Prince Alexius.
2. The Emperor leaves for a tour of his empire to regain support, but, during that time, what happens?
(a) The British attack Constantinople.
(b) His lands fall into the hands of the French and Venetians.
(c) He dies.
(d) The Latins and the Greeks in the city have a large argument, during which the Latins set fire to the city.
3. He and the other barons are pushed to give up lands for freedom, and made to believe what is to happen to them?
(a) They are to be set free.
(b) They are to be tortured.
(c) They are to be enslaved.
(d) They are about to be killed.
4. Johanitza arrives at Philippopolis and accepts the surrender of the people. What does he do after this?
(a) He takes care of the people.
(b) He protects his new citizens.
(c) He puts the people into his service.
(d) Kills many of the citizens and destroys the city.
5. The king realizes the army is slowly dying off from illness, and determines what must happen?
(a) They must fight one more time.
(b) The war must end.
(c) They must be moved.
(d) The men must return to France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other troops land in a town near Turkey, and do what?
2. Who is elected the new Emperor?
3. The people of Constantinople free Issac and do what with him?
4. Henri and his troops march to Demotika, determining that what will happen?
5. The king agrees to do what for the release of himself and his men?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)