|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8: Victory and its Aftermath through Chapter 10, Negotiations with the Saracens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henri and his troops follow the retreating soldiers of Lascaris until when?
(a) Henri dies.
(b) He offers a truce agreement.
(c) Lascaris dies.
(d) Lascaris surrenders.
2. The Crusaders send an envoy into Constantinople to ask the new Emperor to do what?
(a) Help them return home.
(b) Change the laws.
(c) Ratify the covenant his son proclaimed at the beginning of their journey.
(d) Give them payment for saving him.
3. The king realizes the army is slowly dying off from illness, and determines what must happen?
(a) They must fight one more time.
(b) The men must return to France.
(c) They must be moved.
(d) The war must end.
4. The barons camp at the tower of ________, knowing the Greeks will soon attack. When they do so the following morning, they are defeated swiftly, and the army takes the tower.
5. How does the king react during the battle when his brother is the first in danger?
(a) The king orders his men to surrender under the condition that his brother is allowed to go free.
(b) The king retreats as he orders his men to save his brother.
(c) The king goes alone to save him.
(d) The king drives himself and his army into the area to save him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Greeks begin to rebel against Johanitza?
2. The king agrees to do what for the release of himself and his men?
3. The Venetians succeed in taking __________, and set fire to those in between themselves and the Greeks.
4. While Joinville drives them from camp, what do they note in the distance behind rocks?
5. As Johanitza loses his Coman soldiers, he retreats from where?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)