1. The translator, R.B. Shaw, begins the novel with a brief introduction that explains what?
(a) The purpose of this book.
(b) The history of Christianity.
(c) The history of his career.
(d) The two chronicles given in the novel.
2. What is the goal of the crusades?
(a) To kill those who are not Christians.
(b) To return Europe to Christianity.
(c) To convert all to Christianity.
(d) To capture the Holy City Jerusalem.
3. For how long was this holy city transferred back and forth between Christians and the Turks before a Holy War was initiated by Pope Gregory VII?
(a) One hundred years.
(b) Fifty years.
(c) Hundreds of years.
(d) Thousands of years.
4. Who preached for a war to capture Jerusalem?
(a) Peter the Hermit.
(b) Louis IV.
(c) Peter the Great.
5. Through the next several decades, the area was overrun by Turks, and won back by Christians when?
(a) In the first Crusade.
(b) In the second Crusade.
(c) In the third Crusade.
(d) In the first three Crusades.
This section contains 5,430 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)