|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. They all decide that Tom's best chance of survival is to get to what before dawn?
(a) El Pano.
(c) The Mission House.
(d) The church.
2. Before Christy leaves for her break with her family in Asheville, she visits who?
(a) Dr. MacNeill.
(b) Miss Alice.
3. Bird's-Eye comes into the cabin to do what?
(b) Kill Tom.
(c) Attack Opal and Christy.
4. Christy learns that God accepts individuals under what rule?
(a) If they bend to His will.
(b) If they are good.
(c) As they are.
(d) If they ask for forgiveness.
5. They hang curtains made of what?
(a) Old clothes.
(c) Bed sheets.
(d) Flour sacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christy reaches the point where she holds who responsible for Fairlight's death and her own anger and resentment?
2. Dr. MacNeill needs Christy's help with surgery on whom?
3. Miss Alice has how many children?
4. Why doesn't David want to preside over Ruby Mae's wedding ceremony?
5. Fairlight and Christy try to use honey as a substitute for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why David is initially opposed to Ruby Mae's marriage.
2. How is the theme of teamwork illustrated, in Chapters 41 and 42?
3. Explain Christy's inner conflict regarding David and Dr. MacNeill.
4. Why do you think Miss Alice is reluctant to allow Christy to help her care for Ruby Mae and did Christy make the right choice in going anyway?
5. Do you agree with Miss Alice still being so religious after being raped by a preacher?
6. Why is Christy upset with Dr. MacNeill over the whole incident involving the blockaders?
7. Explain David's decree about women and guns and whether or not you agree with it.
8. Describe the fears of Zady and Fairlight and what they stand for.
9. Do you agree with Christy accusing Dr. MacNeill of knowing that Tom was shot by Birds-Eye because Tom had decided to change sides because of Dr. MacNeill's visit to the McHones? Why or why not?
10. What discovery does Christy make at Dr. MacNeill's cabin that causes her to have renewed respect for the doctor?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)