|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. MacNeill needs Christy's help with surgery on whom?
(a) Creed Allen.
(c) Miss Alice.
(d) Little Burl.
2. What horrible thing happens to Tom McHone?
(a) He dies of a fever.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He falls off a cliff.
3. The most difficult aspect to typhoid is what?
(a) Reducing fevers.
(b) Keeping people hydrated.
(c) Understanding how it spreads.
(d) Isolating the sick.
4. Bird's-Eye comes into the cabin to do what?
(b) Attack Opal and Christy.
(d) Kill Tom.
5. Christy is still confused and seeks the advice of whom to help her figure out her philosophy of life?
(b) Miss Alice.
(d) Dr. MacNeill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Opal goes out to the men and offers them what?
2. They steam what like asparagus?
3. The next day, Ruby Mae and _______ discover that Prince's beautiful flowing tail and mane have been shorn.
4. Who once dated Mr. Taylor?
5. Why does the school stay open during the epidemic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Christy's inner conflict regarding David and Dr. MacNeill.
2. Do you agree with Christy accusing Dr. MacNeill of knowing that Tom was shot by Birds-Eye because Tom had decided to change sides because of Dr. MacNeill's visit to the McHones? Why or why not?
3. Explain how David alerting the US Marshals comes back to haunt him with regard to the incidents of Prince's tail and the church pulpit, in chapters 23 and 34.
4. Describe the fears of Zady and Fairlight and what they stand for.
5. Do you agree with Miss Alice still being so religious after being raped by a preacher?
6. What is Opal's approach to handling Birds-Eye and his men?
7. Explain why David is initially opposed to Ruby Mae's marriage.
8. How is the theme of teamwork illustrated, in Chapters 41 and 42?
9. Explain David's decree about women and guns and whether or not you agree with it.
10. What discovery does Christy make at Dr. MacNeill's cabin that causes her to have renewed respect for the doctor?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)