|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christy's example of personal cleanliness influences some of the older girls to imitate her and come to the mission to bathe, wash their hair, and what?
(a) Use perfume.
(b) Press their clothes.
(c) Put on shoes.
(d) Tie their hair with ribbon.
2. The mission mule's name is what?
3. What is the name of the girl with the speech impediment?
4. Christy finds herself alone on a train headed for what town?
(a) El Plato.
(b) El Poto.
(c) El Bolo.
(d) El Pano.
5. Christy finds a baby dress in the mission's used clothing box and takes along ribbons, needle, and thread and what?
(a) A baby bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of food is all over the piano?
2. Music has even instigated what at the mission a couple of nights a week for the young people?
3. After a huge breakfast, Christy is directed to Miss Alice Henderson's what?
4. Filled with pride at her success, Christy writes to advertisers in what magazine, asking not for money, but for donations of their products.
5. What type of pet is the Spencer family pet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does religion play in Christy's move to Cutter Gap?
2. What is Miss Alice like?
3. Why is the Spencer family pet unusual?
4. As Christy revisits the Gap, many things bring back memories for her. What are some of those things?
5. Is Christy an optimist?
6. What is the Spencer cabin like?
7. Describe the situation with the injured man in the Spencer cabin and why it upsets Christy.
8. How does Miss Alice feel when Christy does discuss the letter writing with her and what does Christy learn from the experience?
9. Describe Mr. Pentland.
10. Do you think it was right for moonshine whiskey to be outlawed back in Christy's time? Why or why not?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)