|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the filthy cabin, Christy seas that the oldest son is in a pen and wears only what?
(a) A t-shirt.
(b) A sweater.
2. Some students have come to school without what?
(a) Getting their parents' permission.
(b) Being told about the new teacher.
(c) Eating breakfast.
(d) Wearing shoes.
3. Christy is asked to dress the McHone baby girl for what?
(a) A trip on the train.
(d) A birthday party.
4. David learns that a phone call will come in at four in the afternoon on what day?
5. Of the following, what did Christy not have to deal with on her first day?
(b) Discovering moonshine.
(c) Hot marbles.
(d) Rocks covered in cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christy finds a baby dress in the mission's used clothing box and takes along ribbons, needle, and thread and what?
2. Christy is appalled at the lack of what for the children on her first day?
3. What is the name of the doctor who influenced Christy to go to the mountains?
4. What is Christy's last name?
5. Christy decides to meet with the richest man she knows in Knoxville, Mr. Hazen L. ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Miss Alice like?
2. Do you feel that Christy's great love of children is good or bad and why?
3. What are Christy's thoughts about Ruby Mae?
4. Catherine Marshall is Christy's daughter. Why does Catherine write a book about her mother?
5. What role does religion play in Christy's move to Cutter Gap?
6. Describe the irony of David's opinion that the money for a horse for the mission is only a coincidence.
7. Why is Christy so discouraged about her work with the children after a month?
8. What point does Miss Alice try to make to Christy about Christy's job in Cutter Gap?
9. Explain the significance of the trashed school.
10. What makes Christy volunteer in Cutter Gap and would you have done such a thing, if you were in her place?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)