|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David is paying how much an hour, some coming from his own pay, to the men who help him with a big project.
(a) 10 cents.
(b) 25 cents.
(c) 5 cents.
(d) 50 cents.
2. Who is the book about?
(a) The author herself.
(b) The author's daughter.
(c) The author's sister.
(d) The author's mother.
3. What is the last name of the girl with the speech impediment?
4. Mr. Pentland offers the Spencers the lunch Mrs. Tatum had provided which was what?
(a) Peanutbutter sandwiches.
(b) Bologna sandwiches.
(c) Ham sandwiches.
(d) Turkey sandwiches.
5. What state is Christy from?
(b) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christy find in the deserted building that brings back memories?
2. By taking some of her slowest readers ___________, Christy discovers that they learn faster.
3. At the filthy cabin, Christy seas that the oldest son is in a pen and wears only what?
4. Christy finds a baby dress in the mission's used clothing box and takes along ribbons, needle, and thread and what?
5. One visiting situation that is not aided by the music of David's ukulele is with ninety-three year-old Aunt what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that it was Christy's business to try to mend the rift between Ruby Mae's parents?
2. Explain how sewing buttons on a coat helped Christy to make progress with the children.
3. Briefly describe Dr. MacNeill's family history.
4. What is Dr. MacNeill's challenge for Christy and the mission?
5. Why is Christy so discouraged about her work with the children after a month?
6. Is Christy spoiled?
7. Is Opal McHone a good mother?
8. Explain how David flounders where Aunt Polly Teague is concerned.
9. As Christy revisits the Gap, many things bring back memories for her. What are some of those things?
10. Do you feel that Christy's great love of children is good or bad and why?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)