|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After doing what, Christy is reminded of old faces?
(a) Playing Piano.
(b) Eating an Apple.
(c) Tying a Shoe.
(d) Reading Names.
2. What is Mr. Spencer's first name?
3. To make it easier to tolerate the smell of the children Christy does what?
(a) Seats the children who smell worst near the door.
(b) Covers a handkerchief in cologne.
(c) Sprays the children with cologne.
(d) Opens a window.
4. David works with whom to find a still, but it has been moved before the officers arrive?
(a) The doctor.
(b) Miss Alice.
(c) US Marshals.
5. What is the first name of the woman who owns the cabin where Christy and Mr. Pentland stop to rest?
Short Answer Questions
1. David must go where for two days with three men to get the delivery from Lyon and Healy?
2. Before too long, Mr. Pentland realizes that Christy is truly tired and he tells her that they will rest at the _______ house.
3. Who refuses to work and expects to be paid?
4. What state is Christy from?
5. David is paying how much an hour, some coming from his own pay, to the men who help him with a big project.
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you feel that Christy is more a teacher or a student and why?
2. Do you think that it was Christy's business to try to mend the rift between Ruby Mae's parents?
3. Is Christy spoiled?
4. What makes Christy volunteer in Cutter Gap and would you have done such a thing, if you were in her place?
5. Why is Christy so discouraged about her work with the children after a month?
6. Does Swannie O'Teale love her oldest son?
7. Describe the situation with the injured man in the Spencer cabin and why it upsets Christy.
8. Why is the Spencer family pet unusual?
9. Explain how sewing buttons on a coat helped Christy to make progress with the children.
10. Briefly describe Dr. MacNeill's family history.
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)