|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the filthy cabin, Christy seas that the oldest son is in a pen and wears only what?
(a) A t-shirt.
(b) A sweater.
2. Little Burl is the son of the man who did what?
(a) Endured an operation on the Spencers' table.
(b) Brought Christy to the cove.
(c) Lit the stove for Christy on the first day.
(d) Performed an operation on a man at the Spencer cabin.
3. Dr. MacNeill has a locked what in his cabin?
4. The train conductor tells Christy unsavory stories about men doing what?
(a) Stabbing each other.
(b) Getting shot.
(c) Robbing people.
(d) Raping people.
5. What animal is brought to school on the first day?
Short Answer Questions
1. David learns that a phone call will come in at four in the afternoon on what day?
2. The children refuse to sit next to what?
3. What is the name of the doctor who influenced Christy to go to the mountains?
4. The first child to greet her is Little Burl whose last name is what?
5. What is the main location of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Catherine Marshall is Christy's daughter. Why does Catherine write a book about her mother?
2. Do you feel that Christy's great love of children is good or bad and why?
3. Why is the Spencer family pet unusual?
4. What point does Miss Alice try to make to Christy about Christy's job in Cutter Gap?
5. What is the Spencer cabin like?
6. Explain the significance of the trashed school.
7. Briefly describe Dr. MacNeill's family history.
8. When the phone comes to Cutter Gap, everyone is excited. Explain how this seems contradictory to the rest of the book so far.
9. Describe the situation with the injured man in the Spencer cabin and why it upsets Christy.
10. What is Miss Alice like?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)