|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. They hang curtains made of what?
(a) Old clothes.
(c) Bed sheets.
(d) Flour sacks.
2. The mountain folks refuse to accept the idea that typhoid bacilli can be present by the billions in their what?
(a) Bed sheets.
(b) Fire wood.
3. Fairlight and Christy try to use honey as a substitute for what?
(b) Maple Syrup.
(c) Fruit juice.
4. They steam what like asparagus?
(b) Beerweed shoots.
(d) Bellwort shoots.
5. The next day, Ruby Mae and _______ discover that Prince's beautiful flowing tail and mane have been shorn.
6. Bird's-Eye shoots at David how many times, purposefully missing?
7. How many McHone children does Christy walk to school?
8. David speaks his mind and tells his congregation that white lightning is being brewed and trafficked by night, using schoolboys as what?
9. Who does David propose to?
(a) Ruby Mae.
10. After the reception is over, who does Christy walk back to the Mission House with?
(b) Miss Alice.
(c) Dr. MacNeill.
11. Why does the school stay open during the epidemic?
(a) The school children are quarantined there when the epidemic starts.
(b) The school children are afraid to go home.
(c) The school is cleaner than the homes.
(d) The school is a good place to meet and compare health.
12. Tom McHone has a financial crisis in that his wife, Opal, has pernicious what?
13. Christy learns that God accepts individuals under what rule?
(a) As they are.
(b) If they ask for forgiveness.
(c) If they are good.
(d) If they bend to His will.
14. The next day, the school's closing events are held and Creed Allen brings what to the event?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A bottle of moonshine.
(d) A raccoon.
15. Jeb Spencer keeps what?
Short Answer Questions
1. They all decide that Tom's best chance of survival is to get to what before dawn?
2. Bob Allen's older brother is whom?
3. Just as soon as the doctor leaves, word arrives that Ruby Mae is very ill and someone from where must go?
4. Why doesn't David want to preside over Ruby Mae's wedding ceremony?
5. Looking for weapons, the women find two fireplace pokers, a shovel, and some what?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)