|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Opal's house are Bird's-Eye and three other men outside, wanting Tom McHone. Bird's-Eye gives Christy permission to enter the cabin, but cautions her with his what?
2. Ozias asks Uncle Bogg to tell the story of the preacher named what?
(a) Die Guy.
(b) Shy Guy.
(c) Dry Guy.
(d) Fly Guy.
3. Lundy is very ill and calls out for who?
(a) His father.
(c) Dr. MacNeill.
(d) His mother.
4. At the wedding reception, who does Dr. MacNeill dance with several times?
(a) Ruby Mae.
(d) Miss Alice.
5. Christy reaches the point where she holds who responsible for Fairlight's death and her own anger and resentment?
(c) Miss Alice.
6. Dr. MacNeill knows that the three men running the still are Bird's-Eye Taylor, Tom McHone, and whom?
(a) Bob Allen.
(b) Jeb Spencer.
(c) Uncle Bogg.
(d) Nathan O'Teale.
7. Why does the school stay open during the epidemic?
(a) The school children are afraid to go home.
(b) The school is cleaner than the homes.
(c) The school is a good place to meet and compare health.
(d) The school children are quarantined there when the epidemic starts.
8. Why doesn't David want to preside over Ruby Mae's wedding ceremony?
(a) David already agreed to do a different wedding ceremony that day.
(b) She is a different religion.
(c) She is too young to be married, in his opinion.
(d) David will be out of town.
9. They all decide that Tom's best chance of survival is to get to what before dawn?
(a) The church.
(b) The Mission House.
(d) El Pano.
10. Bird's-Eye shoots at David how many times, purposefully missing?
11. Miss Alice chooses the story of what to help the mountain people to see that Jesus cares?
(a) Cain and Abel.
12. Jeb Spencer keeps what?
13. Christy and David wait for how many days before Dr. MacNeill is able to find time to meet with them?
14. Fairlight's death is coming the moment what happens?
(a) The shadow of the mountain comes over the house.
(b) The moon rises.
(c) The sun sets.
(d) The sun rises.
15. Who does David propose to?
(d) Ruby Mae.
Short Answer Questions
1. Looking for weapons, the women find two fireplace pokers, a shovel, and some what?
2. David sees the mountain folk as what?
3. Bird's-Eye comes into the cabin to do what?
4. Had the still been found, Bob Allen would have been the number one target for the what?
5. They steam what like asparagus?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)