|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fairlight and Christy try to use honey as a substitute for what?
(a) Maple Syrup.
(b) Fruit juice.
2. Miss Alice tells about how she was assaulted by whom?
(a) A visiting preacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
3. The next day, the school's closing events are held and Creed Allen brings what to the event?
(a) A bottle of moonshine.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A slingshot.
4. On her way back to Cutter Gap, Christy heads to Knoxville for her visit with Hazen Smith and Mrs. Toliver of the what club?
5. Looking for weapons, the women find two fireplace pokers, a shovel, and some what?
(b) Dinner knives.
6. Before Christy leaves for her break with her family in Asheville, she visits who?
(a) Dr. MacNeill.
(c) Miss Alice.
7. Dr. MacNeill needs Christy's help with surgery on whom?
(a) Little Burl.
(b) Miss Alice.
(d) Creed Allen.
8. Christy and Will set to work peeling and slicing what to heat for poultices?
9. One thing about the highlanders that Christy confronts but puzzles her is their intense what?
10. Why does the school stay open during the epidemic?
(a) The school children are quarantined there when the epidemic starts.
(b) The school is cleaner than the homes.
(c) The school children are afraid to go home.
(d) The school is a good place to meet and compare health.
11. Christy is still confused and seeks the advice of whom to help her figure out her philosophy of life?
(b) Dr. MacNeill.
(c) Miss Alice.
12. How many McHone children does Christy walk to school?
13. Zady Spencer is afraid of what?
14. Opal explains that who had an unhappy history?
15. Christy reaches the point where she holds who responsible for Fairlight's death and her own anger and resentment?
(a) Miss Alice.
Short Answer Questions
1. The next day, Ruby Mae and _______ discover that Prince's beautiful flowing tail and mane have been shorn.
2. Had the still been found, Bob Allen would have been the number one target for the what?
3. Christy spends the night at the McHones, and the night is interrupted with Tom, his father and _______ coming into the cabin.
4. The mountain folks refuse to accept the idea that typhoid bacilli can be present by the billions in their what?
5. Christy insists on helping Ruby Mae for what reason?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)