|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One thing about the highlanders that Christy confronts but puzzles her is their intense what?
2. David sees the mountain folk as what?
(c) No good.
3. Zady Spencer is afraid of what?
4. At her talk, Christy meets Mrs. Browning who introduces Christy to the idea of Danish Folk Schools, designed to help who?
(a) Older people.
(b) Disabled people.
5. Lundy is very ill and calls out for who?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) Dr. MacNeill.
6. What illness begins to sweep over Cutter Gap?
(b) Spotted Fever.
(c) Scarlet Fever.
7. Opal goes out to the men and offers them what?
8. Who does David propose to?
(c) Ruby Mae.
9. What does Christy discover in the locked room at Dr. MacNeill's cabin?
(a) An art studio full of paintings.
(b) A laboratory.
(c) A shrine to his dead wife.
(d) A library of books.
10. Bob Allen's older brother is whom?
11. Before Christy leaves for her break with her family in Asheville, she visits who?
(c) Dr. MacNeill.
(d) Miss Alice.
12. Christy reaches the point where she holds who responsible for Fairlight's death and her own anger and resentment?
(b) Miss Alice.
13. David speaks his mind and tells his congregation that white lightning is being brewed and trafficked by night, using schoolboys as what?
14. The story is about a preacher that the people want to be what?
(c) A teacher, instead.
15. Had the still been found, Bob Allen would have been the number one target for the what?
(a) Blockade runners.
(b) Mission heads.
(c) Retaliating moonshiners.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first event upon Christy's return to Cutter Gap is the marriage of Ruby Mae and who?
2. Before David acts on the advice of Miss Alice, Ozias surprises David and Christy with an invitation to take part in a what?
3. After the reception is over, who does Christy walk back to the Mission House with?
4. Fairlight and Christy try to use honey as a substitute for what?
5. How many McHone children does Christy walk to school?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)