|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ozias asks Uncle Bogg to tell the story of the preacher named what?
(a) Fly Guy.
(b) Dry Guy.
(c) Die Guy.
(d) Shy Guy.
2. Why does the school stay open during the epidemic?
(a) The school is a good place to meet and compare health.
(b) The school children are afraid to go home.
(c) The school is cleaner than the homes.
(d) The school children are quarantined there when the epidemic starts.
3. David sees the mountain folk as what?
(a) No good.
4. In early October, who dies of a pneumonia-like illness?
5. At Opal's house are Bird's-Eye and three other men outside, wanting Tom McHone. Bird's-Eye gives Christy permission to enter the cabin, but cautions her with his what?
6. That night Ruby Mae wakes Christy with word that men are trying to break into the what?
(b) Mission House.
7. Bob Allen's older brother is whom?
8. Why doesn't David want to preside over Ruby Mae's wedding ceremony?
(a) She is a different religion.
(b) She is too young to be married, in his opinion.
(c) David will be out of town.
(d) David already agreed to do a different wedding ceremony that day.
9. The most difficult aspect to typhoid is what?
(a) Isolating the sick.
(b) Reducing fevers.
(c) Keeping people hydrated.
(d) Understanding how it spreads.
10. Dr. MacNeill knows that the three men running the still are Bird's-Eye Taylor, Tom McHone, and whom?
(a) Bob Allen.
(b) Nathan O'Teale.
(c) Uncle Bogg.
(d) Jeb Spencer.
11. After the reception is over, who does Christy walk back to the Mission House with?
(a) Dr. MacNeill.
(c) Miss Alice.
12. Zady Spencer is afraid of what?
13. One thing about the highlanders that Christy confronts but puzzles her is their intense what?
14. What illness begins to sweep over Cutter Gap?
(a) Spotted Fever.
(d) Scarlet Fever.
15. Opal goes out to the men and offers them what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many McHone children does Christy walk to school?
2. Christy spends the night at the McHones, and the night is interrupted with Tom, his father and _______ coming into the cabin.
3. The first event upon Christy's return to Cutter Gap is the marriage of Ruby Mae and who?
4. Just as soon as the doctor leaves, word arrives that Ruby Mae is very ill and someone from where must go?
5. What does Christy discover in the locked room at Dr. MacNeill's cabin?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)