|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David must go where for two days with three men to get the delivery from Lyon and Healy?
(a) Upper Gap.
(b) Lower Gap.
(c) El Pano.
(d) Missino Gap.
2. Christy is asked to dress the McHone baby girl for what?
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A trip on the train.
3. What does Christy find in the deserted building that brings back memories?
(c) Pay Slips.
4. Ida's brother is in what profession?
5. Christy stumbles through _________ on her way to Mrs. Tatum's.
6. To make it easier to tolerate the smell of the children Christy does what?
(a) Covers a handkerchief in cologne.
(b) Seats the children who smell worst near the door.
(c) Opens a window.
(d) Sprays the children with cologne.
7. The Spencers had prepared for Teacher's visit by cleaning the two room cabin, gathering beautiful leaves from the forest and putting them in what?
(b) A wash basin.
(c) The windows.
8. What profession is the title character of the book in?
(b) Mail Delivery.
9. Christy experiences some unpleasantness when she arrives at the school one morning to see all the beautiful new books and maps sent by Mr. Smith what?
(a) Cut and torn.
(b) Destroyed by a fire.
(c) Written on.
10. In what year did Christy teach?
11. One visiting situation that is not aided by the music of David's ukulele is with ninety-three year-old Aunt what?
12. David is paying how much an hour, some coming from his own pay, to the men who help him with a big project.
(a) 50 cents.
(b) 25 cents.
(c) 5 cents.
(d) 10 cents.
13. The only source of heat in the cabin is what?
(b) An Oven.
(c) A fireplace.
(d) A wood stove.
14. Miss Alice shares Dr. Ferrand's belief that begging is the wrong way to get help for the what?
15. Fairlight's deepest wish is to learn to what?
(a) Read and write.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of the girl with the speech impediment?
2. Then Miss Alice talks about why God allows awful things to happen in life. It allows humans full freedom of what?
3. What type of food is all over the piano?
4. What is the name of the Spencer family pet?
5. By taking some of her slowest readers ___________, Christy discovers that they learn faster.
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)