|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first child to greet her is Little Burl whose last name is what?
2. Bessie's father is Kyle what?
3. Christy finds a baby dress in the mission's used clothing box and takes along ribbons, needle, and thread and what?
(c) A baby bottle.
4. The train conductor tells Christy unsavory stories about men doing what?
(a) Robbing people.
(b) Getting shot.
(c) Stabbing each other.
(d) Raping people.
5. At the filthy cabin, Christy seas that the oldest son is in a pen and wears only what?
(c) A sweater.
(d) A t-shirt.
6. How many rooms does the cabin that they stop to rest at have?
7. Then Miss Alice talks about why God allows awful things to happen in life. It allows humans full freedom of what?
8. What type of food is all over the piano?
9. What event interrupts school for the children?
(d) A wedding.
10. Christy uses Miss Alice's teachings to accept the tiring ramblings of who?
(b) Ruby Mae.
(d) Little Burl.
11. David is paying how much an hour, some coming from his own pay, to the men who help him with a big project.
(a) 25 cents.
(b) 5 cents.
(c) 50 cents.
(d) 10 cents.
12. Christy discovers that the only person in El Pano who travels routinely to the Cove is the what?
13. Christy's first day of school as a brand new teacher is in a one-room schoolhouse with how many children?
14. One evening, in an effort to evade Ruby Mae, Christy goes for a walk and ends up by whose cabin?
(a) The O'Teales.
(b) The Allens.
(c) The MacNeills.
(d) The McBrides.
15. Through Mountie, Christy discovers the link between physical demonstrations of love and what?
(a) Helping one's neighbors.
(d) Physical health
Short Answer Questions
1. If the first day of spring warrants it, Fairlight will leave her housework to do what?
2. What is the first name of the woman who owns the cabin where Christy and Mr. Pentland stop to rest?
3. Christy stumbles through _________ on her way to Mrs. Tatum's.
4. When Christy returns years later, what road obstruction does she still remember?
5. What is the name of the doctor who influenced Christy to go to the mountains?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)