|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bessie's father is Kyle what?
2. What city is Christy from?
3. What is the name of Lundy's father?
4. What does Christy find in the deserted building that brings back memories?
(a) Pay Slips.
5. At what age did Christy begin working in the community?
6. Before too long, Mr. Pentland realizes that Christy is truly tired and he tells her that they will rest at the _______ house.
7. In what year did Christy teach?
8. What is the first name of the woman who owns the cabin where Christy and Mr. Pentland stop to rest?
9. David works with whom to find a still, but it has been moved before the officers arrive?
(a) The doctor.
(b) Miss Alice.
(c) US Marshals.
10. What mountain chain is the setting in?
11. What is the main location of the book?
(a) Cutter Gap.
(b) High Gap.
(c) Low Gap.
(d) Chopper Gap.
12. Mountain folk do not like _________ according to Mrs, Tatum.
(b) People wearing shoes.
13. After a huge breakfast, Christy is directed to Miss Alice Henderson's what?
14. Christy's example of personal cleanliness influences some of the older girls to imitate her and come to the mission to bathe, wash their hair, and what?
(a) Use perfume.
(b) Press their clothes.
(c) Put on shoes.
(d) Tie their hair with ribbon.
15. Christy finds Mr. Pentland where and asks him to take her on to Cutter Gap?
(a) General Store.
(b) Doctor's cabin.
(c) Post Office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christy and Ruby Mae start back for the mission and who insists on walking back with them?
2. Little Burl is the son of the man who did what?
3. David must go where for two days with three men to get the delivery from Lyon and Healy?
4. What is David's big project?
5. Christy finds herself alone on a train headed for what town?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)