|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fairlight's deepest wish is to learn to what?
(b) Read and write.
2. Mrs. Tatum feels that Christy is unprepared for what?
(a) Travelling to her new home.
(b) Harsh living conditions.
(c) Teaching children.
(d) Dealing with her supervisor.
3. What does Christy find in the deserted building that brings back memories?
(d) Pay Slips.
4. Who is the book about?
(a) The author herself.
(b) The author's sister.
(c) The author's mother.
(d) The author's daughter.
5. David must go where for two days with three men to get the delivery from Lyon and Healy?
(a) Missino Gap.
(b) Upper Gap.
(c) Lower Gap.
(d) El Pano.
6. What attitude does Mrs. Tatum have about Christy's plan?
(a) She encourages Christy.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She discourages Christy.
(d) She wants to join Christy.
7. Christy and Ruby Mae start back for the mission and who insists on walking back with them?
(a) Mr. McHone.
(b) Uncle Bogg.
8. Music is in the hearts of the highlanders and most of the time, when calling on the families, David carries his what?
9. Who has come early to get the stove started so that the room is warm for Christy and the children?
(a) Josh Holcombe.
(b) Jeb Holcombe.
(c) Jim Holcombe.
(d) John Holcombe.
10. Bessie's father is Kyle what?
11. David learns that a phone call will come in at four in the afternoon on what day?
12. Christy uses Miss Alice's teachings to accept the tiring ramblings of who?
(a) Ruby Mae.
(b) Little Burl.
13. Miss Alice teaches Christy that in order to do God's work, Christy must emerge from her what?
(a) Emerald tower.
(b) Ivory tower.
(c) Ebony tower.
(d) Ruby tower.
14. How much will the animal that the mission needs cost?
15. Christy meets Ida Grantland who functions as a what?
(b) Music teacher.
(c) Cook and housekeeper.
(d) Laundry washer.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first child to greet her is Little Burl whose last name is what?
2. The only source of heat in the cabin is what?
3. What is the name of the girl with the speech impediment?
4. What profession is the title character of the book in?
5. What mountain chain is the setting in?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)