|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Truman and the woman count their earned money?
(a) In Truman's room.
(b) In the pasture.
(c) By the stove.
(d) In the woman's room.
2. Who is Queenie?
(a) A dog.
(b) A horse.
(c) A relative.
(d) A store keeper.
3. Who is the main character in the story?
(a) The relatives.
(b) Mr. Haha Jones.
(c) The butcher.
4. Who owns the baby carriage?
(a) The woman.
(d) The relatives.
5. What does the woman declare at the beginning of her favorite season?
(a) It is "bible reading weather".
(b) It is "fruitcake weather".
(c) It is "jam and jelly weather".
(d) It is "tree picking weather".
Short Answer Questions
1. How much do Truman and the woman charge kids to get into the Fun and Freak show?
2. How much does the Fun and Freak show make before it is shut down?
3. From whom does Truman learn the true meaning of Christmas?
4. What do the woman and Truman use to break the meat of the nuts into?
5. The woman knows an old time Indian cure that is supposed to remove what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Christmas breakfast.
2. Do Truman and the woman fit in with society?
3. In Section 2, what causes the woman to run to her room and cry?
4. What does the term "fruitcake weather" refer to?
5. In Section 1, the woman declares that she knew it was fruitcake weather "before I got out of bed". What things does she mention that help her come to this conclusion?
6. Describe Mr Haha Jones' establishment.
7. How does Truman cheer up the woman in Section 2?
8. Name some ways that Truman and the woman earned money to make fruitcake.
9. Truman thinks of all the things he would like to buy for the woman for Christmas while he is making her gift. What types of things would Truman like to buy for the woman and what does he make for her?
10. How does Truman's absence affect the woman?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)