|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman states that "we can't mess around with" what?
(a) The relatives.
(b) The fruitcakes.
2. What type of fishing poles do the woman and Truman pile into the baby carriage?
(a) Stick fishing poles.
(b) Pussy willow fishing poles.
(c) Sugar cane fishing poles.
(d) Rod and reel fishing poles.
3. What type of work does Truman like best when making the fruitcakes?
(a) Hulling the pecans.
(b) Buying the ingredients.
(c) Buying the whiskey.
(d) Tasting the fruitcakes.
4. What is the name of the woman's childhood friend?
5. How many miles is the most that the woman has ever traveled from her home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the woman and Truman want to name their brand of coffee for a contest they entered?
2. How much money does the woman think she has counted out of the purse?
3. How much do Truman and the woman charge kids to get into the Fun and Freak show?
4. What type of bed does the woman sleep in?
5. Which coins does Truman consider "bitter-odored"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name one theme presented in the book and give one example of how it's used.
2. Describe the demeanor of Mr. Haha Jones that Truman and the woman experience in their short time with him.
3. What are some of the woman's physical features that Truman mentions in the story?
4. Name some things that the woman has done.
5. Truman mentions the items the woman and himself have to buy to make their fruitcakes. Name the items that the woman and Truman must buy to complete their fruitcakes.
6. Name two adjectives to describe Mr. Haha Jones and why you chose these particular words.
7. What happens when the woman and Truman go out to fly their kites?
8. What type of genre do you consider A Christmas Memory to be, and why?
9. Describe the place where the woman and Truman find the tree.
10. What does the term "fruitcake weather" refer to?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)