|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles is the most that the woman has ever traveled from her home?
2. What is Truman stuffing in Section 1?
3. Why is the Fun and Freak show shut down?
(a) The relatives ordered the woman to stop the show.
(b) The three-legged chicken died.
(c) Queenie attacked the three-legged chicken.
(d) People stopped coming.
4. What do the woman and Truman win in a national football contest?
(a) Three dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
5. The woman states that "we can't mess around with" what?
(c) The fruitcakes.
(d) The relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the woman and Truman want to name their brand of coffee for a contest they entered?
2. What does Truman use ten cents for every Saturday?
3. What is the woman's favorite color?
4. What does Truman describe as being sherry-colored?
5. What do the woman and Truman use to break the meat of the nuts into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Truman think the woman is still a child?
2. What does the term "fruitcake weather" refer to?
3. How does Truman cheer up the woman in Section 2?
4. Every Saturday Truman goes to a picture show. Why doesn't the woman ever go with him?
5. Describe Mr. Haha Jones' cafe.
6. How does Truman's absence affect the woman?
7. Describe Mr Haha Jones' establishment.
8. What does the mill owner's wife do and how does the woman react?
9. What type of genre do you consider A Christmas Memory to be, and why?
10. Describe the woman's hat.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)