|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the woman never received or sent?
(a) A letter.
(b) A postcard.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A fruitcake.
2. What type of coin does Truman call the liveliest?
3. What do the woman and Truman win in a national football contest?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Three dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
4. What does the woman declare at the beginning of her favorite season?
(a) It is "tree picking weather".
(b) It is "jam and jelly weather".
(c) It is "fruitcake weather".
(d) It is "bible reading weather".
5. The woman is afraid that they will put someone where if they "mess around with" her superstition?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In the snow.
(c) In the cemetery.
(d) In their sick bed.
6. What is the woman's favorite color?
(a) Rose pink.
(b) Midnight blue.
7. What is the purse made out of that the woman keeps the money in?
8. How much money does the woman think she has counted out of the purse?
9. What type of flowers does the woman's hat have on it?
10. What is an exciting time of year for Truman and the woman?
11. What do Truman and the woman kill to receive money from relatives?
12. Where do Truman and the woman count their earned money?
(a) By the stove.
(b) In the pasture.
(c) In the woman's room.
(d) In Truman's room.
13. What type of work does Truman like best when making the fruitcakes?
(a) Buying the whiskey.
(b) Hulling the pecans.
(c) Buying the ingredients.
(d) Tasting the fruitcakes.
14. Which bell does the woman hear before she declares it's fruitcake weather?
(a) The church bell.
(b) The school bell.
(c) The courthouse bell.
(d) The clock tower bell.
15. Who owns the baby carriage?
(a) The woman.
(c) The relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the woman and Truman use to break the meat of the nuts into?
2. What color is the woman's bed?
3. In Section 1, how old is the woman?
4. If the woman and Truman "mess around with" her superstition, she is afraid that the cakes will do what?
5. How many rattles does the rattlesnake have that the woman kills?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)