|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman read?
(b) The Bible and funny papers.
(c) The funny papers.
(d) The Bible.
2. What has the woman never received or sent?
(a) A fruitcake.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A postcard.
(d) A letter.
3. What do Truman and the woman do when they find they may have saved $13?
(b) Bury a penny.
(c) Toss a penny out the window.
(d) Give a dollar away.
4. If the woman and Truman "mess around with" her superstition, she is afraid that the cakes will do what?
(a) Not cool.
(c) Be too bulky.
5. What does the woman have courage to do?
(a) Kill snakes.
(b) Kill rodents.
(c) Steal flour.
(d) Swat flies.
6. What does Truman use ten cents for every Saturday?
(a) To go to the picture show.
(b) To go to tap dancing lessons.
(c) To buy bubble gum and candy.
(d) To buy food for dinner.
7. What are the flowers on the woman's hat made of?
8. What do the woman and Truman use to collect nuts for making fruitcake?
(a) A basket.
(b) A baby carriage.
(c) Their pockets.
(d) A cardboard box.
9. Who is the main character in the story?
(a) The relatives.
(b) The butcher.
(d) Mr. Haha Jones.
10. What type of fishing poles do the woman and Truman pile into the baby carriage?
(a) Stick fishing poles.
(b) Rod and reel fishing poles.
(c) Sugar cane fishing poles.
(d) Pussy willow fishing poles.
11. What does the woman dip?
12. What does Truman describe as being sherry-colored?
(a) The whiskey bottle.
(b) The wood floors.
(c) The woman's gloves.
(d) The woman's eyes.
13. Why is the Fun and Freak show shut down?
(a) The relatives ordered the woman to stop the show.
(b) Queenie attacked the three-legged chicken.
(c) People stopped coming.
(d) The three-legged chicken died.
14. What is the name of the woman's childhood friend?
15. The woman knows an old time Indian cure that is supposed to remove what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Truman and the woman call their Christmas savings?
2. How many miles is the most that the woman has ever traveled from her home?
3. In Section 1, how old is the woman?
4. What is the purse made out of that the woman keeps the money in?
5. From whom does Truman learn the true meaning of Christmas?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)