|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the gifts that Truman and the woman give each other considered heartfelt?
(a) Because they were friends.
(b) Because they didn't like the relatives.
(c) Because they spent time making them by hand.
(d) Because they were cousins.
2. Who comes to town twice a year?
(a) The missionaries.
(b) The knife grinder.
(c) The woman.
(d) The bus driver.
3. Where do the relatives send Truman?
(a) To work on a ship.
(b) To military school.
(c) To work in a factory.
(d) To Catholic school.
4. How much do Truman and the woman charge kids to get into the Fun and Freak show?
(a) Two cents.
(b) A nickel.
(c) A penny.
(d) A dime.
5. What does the woman wrap Queenie in to bury her?
(a) A fine linen sheet.
(b) A tablecloth.
(c) Her gray sweater.
(d) Her scrap quilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is superstitious?
2. What brings "screwed-up expressions and sour shudders"?
3. Who is Abner Packer?
4. What do the woman and Truman collect from the White House?
5. What grates against the window?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)