|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scrooge claim is causing his images of Jacob Marley?
(d) Food poisoning.
2. When Scrooge awakens, why does he vow to stay awake until one o'clock?
(a) To ensure that the clock is working properly.
(b) To return to a normal sleep schedule.
(c) To ward off his terrible nightmares.
(d) To disprove that spirits exist.
3. What type of visitors does Marley tell Scrooge to expect?
4. How does Scrooge feel about the Christmas Season?
5. What is Scrooge's relationship to Jacob Marley?
(a) They were business partners.
(b) They were best friends.
(c) They were brothers.
(d) They were enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Marley come to do to Scrooge?
2. When Fan comes running into the room for Scrooge, what does she tell him?
3. At what time will the first two visitors come for Scrooge?
4. Why is the time that Scrooge wakes up significant?
5. What is the first mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the two men that come to Scrooge's door, and what do they ask of him?
2. Why is Scrooge's workplace so cold?
3. What happens in the scene with Fan?
4. Who is Jacob Marley, and what does the reader learn about him right away?
5. What is the appearance of Jacob Marley when he visits Scrooge in his bedroom?
6. What does Scrooge think when he awakens at midnight?
7. What is the conversation that transpires between Bob Cratchit and Scrooge about time off from work?
8. What does the Ghost of Christmas Past look like?
9. How is London described in the opening of the novel?
10. What other unusual sights and sounds plague Scrooge as he enters his home?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)