|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Scrooge described during his time with the first spirit?
2. During what holiday season was Scrooge left alone as a young boy?
3. What is the second mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
(a) Chains dragging.
(b) Floorboards squeaking.
(c) Footsteps pacing.
(d) Doors creaking.
4. What are the men who are collecting money on Christmas Eve, using the money for?
5. How does Scrooge feel about the Christmas Season?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first guest say that he is?
2. How does Scrooge respond to seeing the countryside?
3. What is the first mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
4. How does Scrooge respond to the invitation for a meal in Chapter 1?
5. What type of visitors does Marley tell Scrooge to expect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marley beckon Scrooge to see outside his bedroom window and how does Scrooge react?
2. What is the conversation that transpires between Bob Cratchit and Scrooge about time off from work?
3. What happens in the scene with Fan?
4. How did Belle's life turn out after her time with Scrooge?
5. What other unusual sights and sounds plague Scrooge as he enters his home?
6. When Scrooge realizes that it is midnight and not noon, why does he vow to stay awake?
7. What does Scrooge see in the scene involving his old boss?
8. What is the appearance of Jacob Marley when he visits Scrooge in his bedroom?
9. Why is Scrooge's workplace so cold?
10. What does Scrooge overhear Belle and her husband discussing, and how does he react?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)