|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Belle claim has corrupted Scrooge?
2. How much time does Scrooge allow his employee to take off for the holiday?
(a) No time.
(b) Three days.
(c) One day.
(d) Two days.
3. At what time will the first two visitors come for Scrooge?
(a) At six o'clock.
(b) At one o'clock.
(c) At midnight
(d) At noon.
4. What is flowing from the head of the first guest that he covers by wearing a cap?
5. What does the figure of Scrooge's first guest resemble?
(a) An angel.
(b) A man.
(c) A beast.
(d) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fan comes running into the room for Scrooge, what does she tell him?
2. What is the second mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
3. What holiday is being celebrated when the story opens?
4. How is the aura of Scrooge's first visitor described?
5. After Scrooge is touched by the spirit, what ability does he have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scrooge see when he visits the family eating dinner at the table?
2. What is striking about the appearance of the third spirit?
3. What response did the community give to the Cratchit family following the death of Tiny Tim?
4. How does Scrooge treat Tiny Tim after Christmas?
5. How do the party-goers respond to Fred's opinion of his uncle?
6. What does Belle notice that has changed about Scrooge, and how does she react?
7. What does Scrooge see in the scene involving his old boss?
8. How are the Cratchit family responding to the death of Tiny Tim?
9. What does Marley beckon Scrooge to see outside his bedroom window and how does Scrooge react?
10. What unusual thing does Scrooge see on the front door to his home?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)