|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scrooge's first name?
2. What is the name of the merchant under whom Scrooge apprenticed?
3. When Scrooge awakens, why does he vow to stay awake until one o'clock?
(a) To ensure that the clock is working properly.
(b) To ward off his terrible nightmares.
(c) To disprove that spirits exist.
(d) To return to a normal sleep schedule.
4. What is Scrooge's nephew's name?
5. Through what does the first visitor travel with Scrooge?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His nightmares.
(c) His hopes.
(d) His memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Belle?
2. Who does Fan tell Scrooge is "much kinder now"?
3. What meal is Scrooge invited to in Chapter 1?
4. What must Marley carry around with his spirit?
5. What is used to heat Scrooge's warehouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Belle?
2. What happened to Scrooge immediately after Marley left?
3. Who is Fred, and what happens when he comes to visit Scrooge?
4. Who are the two men that come to Scrooge's door, and what do they ask of him?
5. Who is Jacob Marley, and what does the reader learn about him right away?
6. How is London described in the opening of the novel?
7. What other unusual sights and sounds plague Scrooge as he enters his home?
8. What does Belle notice that has changed about Scrooge, and how does she react?
9. Why is Scrooge's workplace so cold?
10. What is the conversation that transpires between Bob Cratchit and Scrooge about time off from work?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)