|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
2. How is Scrooge described during his time with the first spirit?
3. How much money does Scrooge give to the collection?
(a) Five pence.
(b) One pound.
(c) Two pence.
4. What does the spirit regretfully tell Scrooge about Fan?
(a) That she has died.
(b) That she has forgotten Scrooge.
(c) That she has remarried.
(d) That she has grown miserly.
5. What is the state of Jacob Marley at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is alive.
(d) He is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument sounds before Jacob Marley appears?
2. What has Marley come to do to Scrooge?
3. What type of visitors does Marley tell Scrooge to expect?
4. How is the aura of Scrooge's first visitor described?
5. What meal is Scrooge invited to in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scrooge see in the scene involving his old boss?
2. What does Scrooge think when he awakens at midnight?
3. Who are the two men that come to Scrooge's door, and what do they ask of him?
4. What is the conversation that transpires between Bob Cratchit and Scrooge about time off from work?
5. Who is Fred, and what happens when he comes to visit Scrooge?
6. What happened to Scrooge immediately after Marley left?
7. What does the Ghost of Christmas Past look like?
8. How does the first spirit take Scrooge back in time?
9. What does Jacob Marley inform Scrooge will happen over the course of the next few nights?
10. Who is Belle?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)