|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Scrooge awakens, why does he vow to stay awake until one o'clock?
(a) To disprove that spirits exist.
(b) To return to a normal sleep schedule.
(c) To ward off his terrible nightmares.
(d) To ensure that the clock is working properly.
2. How does Belle's husband describe Scrooge?
(a) As "quite alone in the world."
(b) As "unrecognizable to love."
(c) As "terribly successful."
(d) As "a man to be feared."
3. During what holiday season was Scrooge left alone as a young boy?
4. What does Scrooge seize from the first spirit?
(a) His hand.
(b) His hat.
(c) His heart.
(d) His head.
5. What is Scrooge's nephew's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the time that Scrooge wakes up significant?
2. What type of party is Scrooge's old boss hosting for Christmas?
3. Who was Marley similar to when he was alive?
4. What does Marley say about his own spirit?
5. What is the first mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scrooge overhear Belle and her husband discussing, and how does he react?
2. What unusual thing does Scrooge see on the front door to his home?
3. What does Scrooge think when he awakens at midnight?
4. How is London described in the opening of the novel?
5. What does Scrooge see in the scene involving his old boss?
6. What does Jacob Marley inform Scrooge will happen over the course of the next few nights?
7. What other unusual sights and sounds plague Scrooge as he enters his home?
8. What is the conversation that transpires between Bob Cratchit and Scrooge about time off from work?
9. How does Scrooge react to the scenes from his childhood in the countryside?
10. Why is Scrooge's workplace so cold?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)