|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of visitors does Marley tell Scrooge to expect?
2. How is it signaled to Scrooge that there is a visitor in his room?
(a) His bed begins to shake.
(b) The windows fly open.
(c) The bed curtains are parted.
(d) The hands of his clock spin backward.
3. What are the men who are collecting money on Christmas Eve, using the money for?
4. Who stops by to invite Scrooge to a meal?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His brother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His son.
5. At what time will the first two visitors come for Scrooge?
(a) At midnight
(b) At one o'clock.
(c) At six o'clock.
(d) At noon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument sounds before Jacob Marley appears?
2. What is Scrooge's nephew's name?
3. How is the aura of Scrooge's first visitor described?
4. What literary character does Scrooge imagine that he is friends with as a young boy?
5. When Scrooge awakens, why does he vow to stay awake until one o'clock?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Scrooge immediately after Marley left?
2. How does the first spirit take Scrooge back in time?
3. What does Scrooge think when he awakens at midnight?
4. What does Jacob Marley inform Scrooge will happen over the course of the next few nights?
5. What is the appearance of Jacob Marley when he visits Scrooge in his bedroom?
6. What other unusual sights and sounds plague Scrooge as he enters his home?
7. What unusual thing does Scrooge see on the front door to his home?
8. When Scrooge realizes that it is midnight and not noon, why does he vow to stay awake?
9. How did Belle's life turn out after her time with Scrooge?
10. What is the conversation that transpires between Bob Cratchit and Scrooge about time off from work?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)