|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fan tell Scrooge is "much kinder now"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His boss.
2. Which word best describes Scrooge?
3. What does Marley say about his own spirit?
(a) That it is broken.
(b) That it is repaired.
(c) That it is doomed.
(d) That it is lively.
4. How much money does Scrooge give to the collection?
(a) One pound.
(b) Five pence.
(d) Two pence.
5. What is Scrooge's relationship to Jacob Marley?
(a) They were brothers.
(b) They were business partners.
(c) They were enemies.
(d) They were best friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Scrooge awakens, why does he vow to stay awake until one o'clock?
2. Who was Marley similar to when he was alive?
3. How is the man for whom Scrooge apprenticed described?
4. What is the name of the merchant under whom Scrooge apprenticed?
5. What is the first mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Belle's life turn out after her time with Scrooge?
2. What happened to Scrooge immediately after Marley left?
3. Why is Scrooge's workplace so cold?
4. What is the appearance of Jacob Marley when he visits Scrooge in his bedroom?
5. Who is Fred, and what happens when he comes to visit Scrooge?
6. How does Scrooge react to the scenes from his childhood in the countryside?
7. How does the first spirit take Scrooge back in time?
8. What does Belle notice that has changed about Scrooge, and how does she react?
9. When Scrooge realizes that it is midnight and not noon, why does he vow to stay awake?
10. What does Scrooge overhear Belle and her husband discussing, and how does he react?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)