|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the time that Scrooge wakes up significant?
(a) Time no longer exists.
(b) His time is standing still.
(c) He has moved forward in time.
(d) He has traveled back in time.
2. What does Scrooge claim is causing his images of Jacob Marley?
(d) Food poisoning.
3. At what time will the first two visitors come for Scrooge?
(a) At one o'clock.
(b) At midnight
(c) At noon.
(d) At six o'clock.
4. What meal is Scrooge invited to in Chapter 1?
5. What holiday is being celebrated when the story opens?
(b) New Year's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops by to invite Scrooge to a meal?
2. How many men come by to collect money from the neighborhood on Christmas Eve?
3. How is it signaled to Scrooge that there is a visitor in his room?
4. Who is Belle?
5. What is the name of the merchant under whom Scrooge apprenticed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob Marley inform Scrooge will happen over the course of the next few nights?
2. How does the first spirit take Scrooge back in time?
3. What does Scrooge see in the scene involving his old boss?
4. What is the conversation that transpires between Bob Cratchit and Scrooge about time off from work?
5. What does Scrooge overhear Belle and her husband discussing, and how does he react?
6. Who is Fred, and what happens when he comes to visit Scrooge?
7. What does Scrooge see in the first scene from his childhood?
8. Who are the two men that come to Scrooge's door, and what do they ask of him?
9. Who is Jacob Marley, and what does the reader learn about him right away?
10. What happens in the scene with Fan?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)