Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many visitors does Marley say will come to Scrooge in the night?
2. How much time does Scrooge allow his employee to take off for the holiday?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) No time.
3. What does the figure of Scrooge's first guest resemble?
(a) A beast.
(b) A child.
(c) An angel.
(d) A man.
4. What is Scrooge's first name?
5. What does the first guest say that he is?
(a) The Ghost of Christmas Spirit.
(b) The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.
(c) The Ghost of Christmas Past.
(d) The Ghost of Christmas Present.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fan?
2. As children, how did Fan and Scrooge travel from the school back home?
3. What is the second mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
4. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
5. What does Scrooge tell his employee to do in exchange for his time off for the holiday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jacob Marley, and what does the reader learn about him right away?
2. With what famous quote does the novel end and why is it important?
3. What happens in the scene with Fan?
4. What does Scrooge see when he enters the cemetery?
5. What does Scrooge see approaching him as the second Spirit leaves him and how does he react?
6. What does Scrooge see when he visits the family eating dinner at the table?
7. What is the Spirit's response to Scrooge's question regarding help for the two children?
8. What response did the community give to the Cratchit family following the death of Tiny Tim?
9. What is Scrooge's response to the things that he sees in the cemetery?
10. What has changed about the Cratchit family when Scrooge is taken to revisit them?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)