|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scrooge feel about the way that people see him?
(a) He is concerned.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He likes it.
(d) He hates it.
2. What is Marley's spirit forced to do?
3. How is the aura of Scrooge's first visitor described?
(a) As an aura of wisdom.
(b) As an aura of deceit.
(c) As an aura of death.
(d) As an aura of love.
4. What does Marley tell Scrooge these visitors will hold for him?
(a) A gift.
(b) A key.
(c) A secret.
(d) A photo.
5. What does the figure of Scrooge's first guest resemble?
(a) A child.
(b) A beast.
(c) An angel.
(d) A man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Belle?
2. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
3. How many visitors does Marley say will come to Scrooge in the night?
4. How does Scrooge respond to seeing the countryside?
5. What type of party is Scrooge's old boss hosting for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scrooge overhear Belle and her husband discussing, and how does he react?
2. Who is Jacob Marley, and what does the reader learn about him right away?
3. Who is Belle?
4. How did Belle's life turn out after her time with Scrooge?
5. How does the first spirit take Scrooge back in time?
6. Why is Scrooge's workplace so cold?
7. What does Scrooge think when he awakens at midnight?
8. What does Jacob Marley inform Scrooge will happen over the course of the next few nights?
9. How is London described in the opening of the novel?
10. What does Belle notice that has changed about Scrooge, and how does she react?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)