|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through what does the first visitor travel with Scrooge?
(a) His memories.
(b) His nightmares.
(c) His hopes.
(d) His dreams.
2. After Scrooge is touched by the spirit, what ability does he have?
(a) The ability to fly.
(b) The ability to speak words of wisdom.
(c) The ability to feel the pain of others.
(d) The ability to see into the future.
3. How does Scrooge feel about the Christmas Season?
4. What is Scrooge's first name?
5. How long does it take Scrooge to fall asleep after the spirit has left him?
(a) One hour.
(b) He falls asleep immediately.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time will the last visitor come for Scrooge?
2. When Scrooge sees Belle again, what is she breaking?
3. Who does Scrooge believe should be confined to prisons and workhouses?
4. What is significant about the countryside that Scrooge and the spirit visit?
5. What is used to heat Scrooge's warehouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scrooge see in the first scene from his childhood?
2. What is the appearance of Jacob Marley when he visits Scrooge in his bedroom?
3. How did Belle's life turn out after her time with Scrooge?
4. Who are the two men that come to Scrooge's door, and what do they ask of him?
5. Why is Scrooge's workplace so cold?
6. What unusual thing does Scrooge see on the front door to his home?
7. What does Belle notice that has changed about Scrooge, and how does she react?
8. What is the conversation that transpires between Bob Cratchit and Scrooge about time off from work?
9. What other unusual sights and sounds plague Scrooge as he enters his home?
10. When Scrooge realizes that it is midnight and not noon, why does he vow to stay awake?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)