|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Scrooge described during his time with the first spirit?
2. How does Scrooge respond to seeing the countryside?
(a) He is enraged.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He begins to laugh.
(d) He is confused.
3. How is the aura of Scrooge's first visitor described?
(a) As an aura of deceit.
(b) As an aura of love.
(c) As an aura of death.
(d) As an aura of wisdom.
4. What is the first mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
(a) Raindrops falling.
(b) Dogs barking.
(c) Doorbell ringing.
(d) Party music.
5. At what time will the first two visitors come for Scrooge?
(a) At one o'clock.
(b) At six o'clock.
(c) At midnight
(d) At noon.
6. How much time does Scrooge allow his employee to take off for the holiday?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) Three days.
(d) No time.
7. What is flowing from the head of the first guest that he covers by wearing a cap?
8. What has Marley come to do to Scrooge?
(a) Warn him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Scare him.
(d) Change him.
9. Where does the spirit touch Scrooge?
(a) His heart.
(b) His hand.
(c) His mouth.
(d) His face.
10. What does Scrooge seize from the first spirit?
(a) His hat.
(b) His head.
(c) His heart.
(d) His hand.
11. What does Scrooge eat a bowl of in front of the fire before he receives his first visitor?
12. What is the name of the merchant under whom Scrooge apprenticed?
13. How does Scrooge feel about the way that people see him?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He is concerned.
(c) He likes it.
(d) He is apathetic.
14. How many visitors does Marley say will come to Scrooge in the night?
15. What is the second mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
(a) Chains dragging.
(b) Floorboards squeaking.
(c) Doors creaking.
(d) Footsteps pacing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday is being celebrated when the story opens?
2. What is used to heat Scrooge's warehouse?
3. Who does Scrooge believe should be confined to prisons and workhouses?
4. What word best describes the weather on the day Scrooge is introduced?
5. Who does Fan tell Scrooge is "much kinder now"?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)