|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scrooge's relationship to Jacob Marley?
(a) They were best friends.
(b) They were brothers.
(c) They were enemies.
(d) They were business partners.
2. What type of visitors does Marley tell Scrooge to expect?
3. What does Scrooge ask the first spirit to do for him?
(a) To never return.
(b) To send a message to Belle.
(c) To leave him with the memories.
(d) To take him back home.
4. How long does it take Scrooge to fall asleep after the spirit has left him?
(a) One week.
(b) He falls asleep immediately.
(c) One day.
(d) One hour.
5. During what holiday season was Scrooge left alone as a young boy?
6. What is the name of the merchant under whom Scrooge apprenticed?
7. What is the first mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
(a) Doorbell ringing.
(b) Raindrops falling.
(c) Dogs barking.
(d) Party music.
8. What must Marley carry around with his spirit?
9. What is used to heat Scrooge's warehouse?
10. When Scrooge awakens, why does he vow to stay awake until one o'clock?
(a) To return to a normal sleep schedule.
(b) To ensure that the clock is working properly.
(c) To ward off his terrible nightmares.
(d) To disprove that spirits exist.
11. As Scrooge witnesses the various scenes of his childhood, what seems to be slipping away from him as he grows older?
(a) His hopes for the future.
(b) His greed over money.
(c) His formal education.
(d) His ability to love.
12. What are the men who are collecting money on Christmas Eve, using the money for?
13. Who is Fan?
(a) Scrooge's sister.
(b) Scrooge's girlfriend.
(c) Scrooge's mother.
(d) Scrooge's daughter.
14. What does the spirit regretfully tell Scrooge about Fan?
(a) That she has grown miserly.
(b) That she has died.
(c) That she has forgotten Scrooge.
(d) That she has remarried.
15. How does Scrooge respond to the invitation for a meal in Chapter 1?
(a) He doesn't give an answer.
(b) He doesn't understand it.
(c) He accepts it.
(d) He rebukes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fan tell Scrooge is "much kinder now"?
2. How does Belle's husband describe Scrooge?
3. What holiday is being celebrated when the story opens?
4. How much time does Scrooge allow his employee to take off for the holiday?
5. What is significant about the countryside that Scrooge and the spirit visit?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)