|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scrooge's nephew's name?
2. What does Scrooge seize from the first spirit?
(a) His head.
(b) His hat.
(c) His hand.
(d) His heart.
3. When Scrooge sees Belle again, what is she breaking?
(a) A collection of expensive glasses.
(b) Her porcelain dinnerware.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Their engagement.
4. Which word best describes Scrooge?
5. How do the spirit and Scrooge exit his bedroom?
(a) Through the window.
(b) Through the chimney.
(c) Through the door.
(d) Through the wall.
6. How long does it take Scrooge to fall asleep after the spirit has left him?
(a) He falls asleep immediately.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One hour.
7. After Scrooge is touched by the spirit, what ability does he have?
(a) The ability to speak words of wisdom.
(b) The ability to fly.
(c) The ability to see into the future.
(d) The ability to feel the pain of others.
8. How does Belle's husband describe Scrooge?
(a) As "a man to be feared."
(b) As "terribly successful."
(c) As "unrecognizable to love."
(d) As "quite alone in the world."
9. What is the name of the merchant under whom Scrooge apprenticed?
10. Who is Fan?
(a) Scrooge's girlfriend.
(b) Scrooge's daughter.
(c) Scrooge's sister.
(d) Scrooge's mother.
11. Through what does the first visitor travel with Scrooge?
(a) His memories.
(b) His dreams.
(c) His nightmares.
(d) His hopes.
12. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
13. What is Scrooge's relationship to Jacob Marley?
(a) They were brothers.
(b) They were enemies.
(c) They were business partners.
(d) They were best friends.
14. Who stops by to invite Scrooge to a meal?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His son.
(c) His brother.
(d) His nephew.
15. What does Scrooge ask the first spirit to do for him?
(a) To leave him with the memories.
(b) To send a message to Belle.
(c) To take him back home.
(d) To never return.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Jacob Marley leaves him, what time does Scrooge wake from sleep?
2. What literary character does Scrooge imagine that he is friends with as a young boy?
3. Where does the spirit touch Scrooge?
4. As children, how did Fan and Scrooge travel from the school back home?
5. What is flowing from the head of the first guest that he covers by wearing a cap?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)