|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fan tell Scrooge is "much kinder now"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His boss.
(c) His father.
(d) His teacher.
2. Who stops by to invite Scrooge to a meal?
(a) His son.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His brother.
(d) His nephew.
3. What does Scrooge ask the first spirit to do for him?
(a) To never return.
(b) To take him back home.
(c) To leave him with the memories.
(d) To send a message to Belle.
4. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
5. How does Scrooge feel about the Christmas Season?
6. How is Scrooge described during his time with the first spirit?
7. As children, how did Fan and Scrooge travel from the school back home?
(a) On foot.
(b) On horseback.
(c) In an automobile.
(d) In a carriage.
8. Who was Marley similar to when he was alive?
(a) Bob Cratchett.
(c) Tiny Tim.
9. How does Scrooge feel about the way that people see him?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is concerned.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He likes it.
10. What is Scrooge's nephew's name?
11. What does Scrooge seize from the first spirit?
(a) His hand.
(b) His heart.
(c) His head.
(d) His hat.
12. What does Scrooge tell his employee to do in exchange for his time off for the holiday?
(a) Take Scrooge with him to the party.
(b) Work overtime on the weekend.
(c) Cut his pay.
(d) Come in early the next day.
13. Where does the spirit touch Scrooge?
(a) His mouth.
(b) His face.
(c) His hand.
(d) His heart.
14. Where was Scrooge left by his family during the holiday season?
(a) On the streets.
(b) At an orphanage.
(c) At school.
(d) With a distant relative.
15. What is significant about the countryside that Scrooge and the spirit visit?
(a) It is the countryside where Bob Cratchit and his family live.
(b) It is the countryside of Scrooge's youth.
(c) It is the countryside where Scrooge's father died.
(d) It is the countryside where Scrooge will spend the rest of his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. To pass time while he was alone during the holiday season, what does Scrooge imagine that he has?
2. When Scrooge sees Belle again, what is she breaking?
3. What is Marley's spirit forced to do?
4. What does Belle claim has corrupted Scrooge?
5. What is the first mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)