|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To pass time while he was alone during the holiday season, what does Scrooge imagine that he has?
(a) An automobile.
(c) A pet puppy.
2. What does Scrooge claim is causing his images of Jacob Marley?
(d) Food poisoning.
3. What is Scrooge's nephew's name?
4. What does Scrooge eat a bowl of in front of the fire before he receives his first visitor?
5. Where was Scrooge left by his family during the holiday season?
(a) On the streets.
(b) At an orphanage.
(c) At school.
(d) With a distant relative.
6. What is the name of the merchant under whom Scrooge apprenticed?
7. Where does the spirit touch Scrooge?
(a) His hand.
(b) His heart.
(c) His face.
(d) His mouth.
8. At what time will the first two visitors come for Scrooge?
(a) At noon.
(b) At six o'clock.
(c) At one o'clock.
(d) At midnight
9. When Scrooge awakens, why does he vow to stay awake until one o'clock?
(a) To return to a normal sleep schedule.
(b) To disprove that spirits exist.
(c) To ensure that the clock is working properly.
(d) To ward off his terrible nightmares.
10. How much time does Scrooge allow his employee to take off for the holiday?
(a) No time.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
11. How long does it take Scrooge to fall asleep after the spirit has left him?
(a) One day.
(b) One hour.
(c) One week.
(d) He falls asleep immediately.
12. What word best describes the weather on the day Scrooge is introduced?
13. What instrument sounds before Jacob Marley appears?
14. How many men come by to collect money from the neighborhood on Christmas Eve?
15. As children, how did Fan and Scrooge travel from the school back home?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) On horseback.
(c) In an automobile.
(d) On foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the aura of Scrooge's first visitor described?
2. What does Scrooge tell his employee to do in exchange for his time off for the holiday?
3. What is Scrooge's relationship to Jacob Marley?
4. Who is Belle?
5. How do the spirit and Scrooge exit his bedroom?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)