|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument sounds before Jacob Marley appears?
2. What is used to heat Scrooge's warehouse?
3. What must Scrooge do in order to be taken back to his home?
(a) Drain the blood of the spirit.
(b) Dim the light of the spirit.
(c) Cut the hair of the spirit.
(d) Quiet the music of the spirit.
4. Who does Scrooge believe should be confined to prisons and workhouses?
(a) The elderly.
(b) The children.
(c) The poor.
(d) The weak.
5. How is Scrooge described during his time with the first spirit?
6. After Jacob Marley leaves him, what time does Scrooge wake from sleep?
(a) Six o'clock.
(d) One o'clock.
7. What is Scrooge's first name?
8. During what holiday season was Scrooge left alone as a young boy?
9. What does the first guest say that he is?
(a) The Ghost of Christmas Present.
(b) The Ghost of Christmas Past.
(c) The Ghost of Christmas Spirit.
(d) The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.
10. How does Scrooge feel about the way that people see him?
(a) He likes it.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He is concerned.
11. At what time will the last visitor come for Scrooge?
(a) At one o'clock.
(b) At six o'clock.
(c) At noon.
(d) At midnight
12. How does Scrooge feel about the Christmas Season?
13. How is the man for whom Scrooge apprenticed described?
(a) As generous.
(b) As stupid.
(c) As miserly.
(d) As intelligent.
14. What does Scrooge seize from the first spirit?
(a) His heart.
(b) His hand.
(c) His hat.
(d) His head.
15. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is flowing from the head of the first guest that he covers by wearing a cap?
2. How is the aura of Scrooge's first visitor described?
3. When Fan comes running into the room for Scrooge, what does she tell him?
4. What meal is Scrooge invited to in Chapter 1?
5. How long does it take Scrooge to fall asleep after the spirit has left him?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)