|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the countryside that Scrooge and the spirit visit?
(a) It is the countryside where Scrooge's father died.
(b) It is the countryside where Scrooge will spend the rest of his life.
(c) It is the countryside of Scrooge's youth.
(d) It is the countryside where Bob Cratchit and his family live.
2. When Fan comes running into the room for Scrooge, what does she tell him?
(a) That she is going on a very long trip, but will return for him.
(b) That she is dying.
(c) That she has come to take him home.
(d) That she never wants to see him again.
3. What word best describes the weather on the day Scrooge is introduced?
4. To pass time while he was alone during the holiday season, what does Scrooge imagine that he has?
(a) A pet puppy.
(c) An automobile.
5. What is Scrooge's nephew's name?
6. What is the state of Jacob Marley at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is alive.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is ill.
7. How does Belle's husband describe Scrooge?
(a) As "a man to be feared."
(b) As "terribly successful."
(c) As "quite alone in the world."
(d) As "unrecognizable to love."
8. When Scrooge sees Belle again, what is she breaking?
(a) Her leg.
(b) Their engagement.
(c) A collection of expensive glasses.
(d) Her porcelain dinnerware.
9. Who does Scrooge believe should be confined to prisons and workhouses?
(a) The weak.
(b) The elderly.
(c) The children.
(d) The poor.
10. After Scrooge is touched by the spirit, what ability does he have?
(a) The ability to see into the future.
(b) The ability to feel the pain of others.
(c) The ability to speak words of wisdom.
(d) The ability to fly.
11. What does Marley say about his own spirit?
(a) That it is repaired.
(b) That it is broken.
(c) That it is lively.
(d) That it is doomed.
12. What does the spirit regretfully tell Scrooge about Fan?
(a) That she has grown miserly.
(b) That she has forgotten Scrooge.
(c) That she has died.
(d) That she has remarried.
13. What is the second mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
(a) Floorboards squeaking.
(b) Chains dragging.
(c) Footsteps pacing.
(d) Doors creaking.
14. At what time will the last visitor come for Scrooge?
(a) At six o'clock.
(b) At noon.
(c) At midnight
(d) At one o'clock.
15. What does Scrooge claim is causing his images of Jacob Marley?
(a) Food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what holiday season was Scrooge left alone as a young boy?
2. What is Scrooge's first name?
3. Where was Scrooge left by his family during the holiday season?
4. When Scrooge awakens, why does he vow to stay awake until one o'clock?
5. How much time does Scrooge allow his employee to take off for the holiday?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)