|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument sounds before Jacob Marley appears?
2. Who does Scrooge believe should be confined to prisons and workhouses?
(a) The children.
(b) The elderly.
(c) The poor.
(d) The weak.
3. Where does the spirit touch Scrooge?
(a) His face.
(b) His hand.
(c) His heart.
(d) His mouth.
4. How do the spirit and Scrooge exit his bedroom?
(a) Through the chimney.
(b) Through the wall.
(c) Through the window.
(d) Through the door.
5. What literary character does Scrooge imagine that he is friends with as a young boy?
(a) Robinson Crusoe.
(b) The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
(d) Huckleberry Finn.
6. How much money does Scrooge give to the collection?
(a) One pound.
(b) Five pence.
(d) Two pence.
7. Which word best describes Scrooge?
8. During what holiday season was Scrooge left alone as a young boy?
9. Through what does the first visitor travel with Scrooge?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His memories.
(c) His nightmares.
(d) His hopes.
10. Who stops by to invite Scrooge to a meal?
(a) His brother.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His son.
(d) His cousin.
11. How many men come by to collect money from the neighborhood on Christmas Eve?
12. What does Scrooge ask the first spirit to do for him?
(a) To take him back home.
(b) To never return.
(c) To send a message to Belle.
(d) To leave him with the memories.
13. How is Scrooge described during his time with the first spirit?
14. What is Scrooge's nephew's name?
15. What does Marley say about his own spirit?
(a) That it is broken.
(b) That it is lively.
(c) That it is doomed.
(d) That it is repaired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Marley carry around with his spirit?
2. What does Scrooge tell his employee to do in exchange for his time off for the holiday?
3. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
4. What is Scrooge's relationship to Jacob Marley?
5. How does Scrooge feel about the Christmas Season?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)