|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the spirit regretfully tell Scrooge about Fan?
(a) That she has forgotten Scrooge.
(b) That she has died.
(c) That she has grown miserly.
(d) That she has remarried.
2. At what time will the first two visitors come for Scrooge?
(a) At one o'clock.
(b) At midnight
(c) At noon.
(d) At six o'clock.
3. Where does the spirit touch Scrooge?
(a) His hand.
(b) His heart.
(c) His face.
(d) His mouth.
4. After Scrooge is touched by the spirit, what ability does he have?
(a) The ability to see into the future.
(b) The ability to feel the pain of others.
(c) The ability to fly.
(d) The ability to speak words of wisdom.
5. How does Scrooge feel about the Christmas Season?
6. What must Marley carry around with his spirit?
7. What does Marley say about his own spirit?
(a) That it is doomed.
(b) That it is lively.
(c) That it is repaired.
(d) That it is broken.
8. What is Marley's spirit forced to do?
9. What literary character does Scrooge imagine that he is friends with as a young boy?
(a) Huckleberry Finn.
(c) The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
(d) Robinson Crusoe.
10. What is the first mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
(a) Dogs barking.
(b) Doorbell ringing.
(c) Party music.
(d) Raindrops falling.
11. What is the state of Jacob Marley at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is alive.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is dead.
12. To pass time while he was alone during the holiday season, what does Scrooge imagine that he has?
(b) A pet puppy.
(c) An automobile.
13. What is the second mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
(a) Floorboards squeaking.
(b) Doors creaking.
(c) Chains dragging.
(d) Footsteps pacing.
14. During what holiday season was Scrooge left alone as a young boy?
15. When Fan comes running into the room for Scrooge, what does she tell him?
(a) That she never wants to see him again.
(b) That she is going on a very long trip, but will return for him.
(c) That she has come to take him home.
(d) That she is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fan tell Scrooge is "much kinder now"?
2. How is it signaled to Scrooge that there is a visitor in his room?
3. What does Scrooge claim is causing his images of Jacob Marley?
4. How does Scrooge respond to the invitation for a meal in Chapter 1?
5. What does Scrooge ask the first spirit to do for him?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)