|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scrooge tell his employee to do in exchange for his time off for the holiday?
(a) Work overtime on the weekend.
(b) Cut his pay.
(c) Come in early the next day.
(d) Take Scrooge with him to the party.
2. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
3. How does Scrooge respond to the invitation for a meal in Chapter 1?
(a) He doesn't understand it.
(b) He doesn't give an answer.
(c) He accepts it.
(d) He rebukes it.
4. Who does Fan tell Scrooge is "much kinder now"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His boss.
(d) His father.
5. How many visitors does Marley say will come to Scrooge in the night?
6. What must Marley carry around with his spirit?
7. What does the spirit regretfully tell Scrooge about Fan?
(a) That she has died.
(b) That she has forgotten Scrooge.
(c) That she has remarried.
(d) That she has grown miserly.
8. What holiday is being celebrated when the story opens?
(d) New Year's.
9. How long does it take Scrooge to fall asleep after the spirit has left him?
(a) One hour.
(b) He falls asleep immediately.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
10. What does Scrooge seize from the first spirit?
(a) His head.
(b) His hand.
(c) His heart.
(d) His hat.
11. How does Scrooge feel about the way that people see him?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He likes it.
(c) He is concerned.
(d) He is apathetic.
12. What is Marley's spirit forced to do?
13. When Scrooge sees Belle again, what is she breaking?
(a) Her porcelain dinnerware.
(b) Their engagement.
(c) A collection of expensive glasses.
(d) Her leg.
14. At what time will the last visitor come for Scrooge?
(a) At noon.
(b) At one o'clock.
(c) At six o'clock.
(d) At midnight
15. At what time will the first two visitors come for Scrooge?
(a) At one o'clock.
(b) At six o'clock.
(c) At midnight
(d) At noon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the countryside that Scrooge and the spirit visit?
2. How does Scrooge respond to seeing the countryside?
3. What is flowing from the head of the first guest that he covers by wearing a cap?
4. What are the men who are collecting money on Christmas Eve, using the money for?
5. What does Marley say about his own spirit?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)