|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Scrooge give to the collection?
(a) Two pence.
(b) Five pence.
(d) One pound.
2. What does the spirit regretfully tell Scrooge about Fan?
(a) That she has grown miserly.
(b) That she has forgotten Scrooge.
(c) That she has remarried.
(d) That she has died.
3. Who is Belle?
(a) Scrooge's girlfriend.
(b) Scrooge's mother.
(c) Scrooge's daugher.
(d) Scrooge's sister.
4. During what holiday season was Scrooge left alone as a young boy?
5. What instrument sounds before Jacob Marley appears?
6. What does Scrooge tell his employee to do in exchange for his time off for the holiday?
(a) Work overtime on the weekend.
(b) Take Scrooge with him to the party.
(c) Come in early the next day.
(d) Cut his pay.
7. How is the aura of Scrooge's first visitor described?
(a) As an aura of death.
(b) As an aura of deceit.
(c) As an aura of wisdom.
(d) As an aura of love.
8. At what time will the first two visitors come for Scrooge?
(a) At six o'clock.
(b) At midnight
(c) At one o'clock.
(d) At noon.
9. How does Scrooge feel about the way that people see him?
(a) He is concerned.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He likes it.
(d) He is apathetic.
10. As Scrooge witnesses the various scenes of his childhood, what seems to be slipping away from him as he grows older?
(a) His greed over money.
(b) His formal education.
(c) His ability to love.
(d) His hopes for the future.
11. Through what does the first visitor travel with Scrooge?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His nightmares.
(c) His memories.
(d) His hopes.
12. What does Scrooge seize from the first spirit?
(a) His hand.
(b) His head.
(c) His hat.
(d) His heart.
13. When Scrooge awakens, why does he vow to stay awake until one o'clock?
(a) To ward off his terrible nightmares.
(b) To return to a normal sleep schedule.
(c) To disprove that spirits exist.
(d) To ensure that the clock is working properly.
14. When Fan comes running into the room for Scrooge, what does she tell him?
(a) That she is dying.
(b) That she has come to take him home.
(c) That she is going on a very long trip, but will return for him.
(d) That she never wants to see him again.
15. What meal is Scrooge invited to in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scrooge eat a bowl of in front of the fire before he receives his first visitor?
2. What is the state of Jacob Marley at the beginning of the book?
3. How many visitors does Marley say will come to Scrooge in the night?
4. What is significant about the countryside that Scrooge and the spirit visit?
5. What type of party is Scrooge's old boss hosting for Christmas?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)