|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scrooge eat a bowl of in front of the fire before he receives his first visitor?
2. What is the first mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
(a) Raindrops falling.
(b) Dogs barking.
(c) Doorbell ringing.
(d) Party music.
3. When Scrooge awakens, why does he vow to stay awake until one o'clock?
(a) To disprove that spirits exist.
(b) To ward off his terrible nightmares.
(c) To ensure that the clock is working properly.
(d) To return to a normal sleep schedule.
4. How does Scrooge feel about the Christmas Season?
5. How do the spirit and Scrooge exit his bedroom?
(a) Through the window.
(b) Through the door.
(c) Through the chimney.
(d) Through the wall.
6. When Scrooge sees Belle again, what is she breaking?
(a) A collection of expensive glasses.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her porcelain dinnerware.
(d) Their engagement.
7. What does the spirit regretfully tell Scrooge about Fan?
(a) That she has grown miserly.
(b) That she has died.
(c) That she has remarried.
(d) That she has forgotten Scrooge.
8. How is the man for whom Scrooge apprenticed described?
(a) As intelligent.
(b) As generous.
(c) As miserly.
(d) As stupid.
9. What is the name of the merchant under whom Scrooge apprenticed?
10. Where was Scrooge left by his family during the holiday season?
(a) At an orphanage.
(b) At school.
(c) With a distant relative.
(d) On the streets.
11. Where does the spirit touch Scrooge?
(a) His hand.
(b) His face.
(c) His heart.
(d) His mouth.
12. What is Scrooge's first name?
13. What does Scrooge claim is causing his images of Jacob Marley?
(b) Food poisoning.
14. What does the figure of Scrooge's first guest resemble?
(a) A child.
(b) A man.
(c) An angel.
(d) A beast.
15. As children, how did Fan and Scrooge travel from the school back home?
(a) In an automobile.
(b) On horseback.
(c) On foot.
(d) In a carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is flowing from the head of the first guest that he covers by wearing a cap?
2. As Scrooge witnesses the various scenes of his childhood, what seems to be slipping away from him as he grows older?
3. What does Marley say about his own spirit?
4. What must Marley carry around with his spirit?
5. What are the men who are collecting money on Christmas Eve, using the money for?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)