|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Marley come to do to Scrooge?
(a) Warn him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Scare him.
(d) Change him.
2. When Scrooge sees Belle again, what is she breaking?
(a) A collection of expensive glasses.
(b) Her porcelain dinnerware.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Their engagement.
3. Which word best describes Scrooge?
4. What is Marley's spirit forced to do?
5. What must Scrooge do in order to be taken back to his home?
(a) Quiet the music of the spirit.
(b) Drain the blood of the spirit.
(c) Dim the light of the spirit.
(d) Cut the hair of the spirit.
6. As children, how did Fan and Scrooge travel from the school back home?
(a) In an automobile.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) On horseback.
(d) On foot.
7. What does Scrooge eat a bowl of in front of the fire before he receives his first visitor?
8. What does the first guest say that he is?
(a) The Ghost of Christmas Spirit.
(b) The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.
(c) The Ghost of Christmas Past.
(d) The Ghost of Christmas Present.
9. After Scrooge is touched by the spirit, what ability does he have?
(a) The ability to speak words of wisdom.
(b) The ability to fly.
(c) The ability to see into the future.
(d) The ability to feel the pain of others.
10. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
11. What instrument sounds before Jacob Marley appears?
12. What word best describes the weather on the day Scrooge is introduced?
13. How many men come by to collect money from the neighborhood on Christmas Eve?
14. What is Scrooge's nephew's name?
15. Where does the spirit touch Scrooge?
(a) His hand.
(b) His face.
(c) His mouth.
(d) His heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is flowing from the head of the first guest that he covers by wearing a cap?
2. After Jacob Marley leaves him, what time does Scrooge wake from sleep?
3. What is the second mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
4. Why is the time that Scrooge wakes up significant?
5. What is Scrooge's first name?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)