|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scrooge eat a bowl of in front of the fire before he receives his first visitor?
2. When Fan comes running into the room for Scrooge, what does she tell him?
(a) That she is going on a very long trip, but will return for him.
(b) That she never wants to see him again.
(c) That she is dying.
(d) That she has come to take him home.
3. What meal is Scrooge invited to in Chapter 1?
4. What does Scrooge claim is causing his images of Jacob Marley?
(b) Food poisoning.
5. How many men come by to collect money from the neighborhood on Christmas Eve?
6. What has Marley come to do to Scrooge?
(a) Change him.
(b) Scare him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Warn him.
7. Who is Belle?
(a) Scrooge's sister.
(b) Scrooge's daugher.
(c) Scrooge's mother.
(d) Scrooge's girlfriend.
8. What holiday is being celebrated when the story opens?
(b) New Year's.
9. What must Scrooge do in order to be taken back to his home?
(a) Cut the hair of the spirit.
(b) Quiet the music of the spirit.
(c) Dim the light of the spirit.
(d) Drain the blood of the spirit.
10. Where does Scrooge see the face of Jacob Marley?
(a) Floating in the air.
(b) In the window.
(c) In his knocker.
(d) On the clockface.
11. What does Scrooge ask the first spirit to do for him?
(a) To send a message to Belle.
(b) To leave him with the memories.
(c) To take him back home.
(d) To never return.
12. Which word best describes Scrooge?
13. What is the second mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
(a) Floorboards squeaking.
(b) Doors creaking.
(c) Chains dragging.
(d) Footsteps pacing.
14. As children, how did Fan and Scrooge travel from the school back home?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In an automobile.
(c) On foot.
(d) In a carriage.
15. What type of visitors does Marley tell Scrooge to expect?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument sounds before Jacob Marley appears?
2. What word best describes the weather on the day Scrooge is introduced?
3. At what time will the first two visitors come for Scrooge?
4. What does Scrooge tell his employee to do in exchange for his time off for the holiday?
5. How is the man for whom Scrooge apprenticed described?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)