|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Belle claim has corrupted Scrooge?
2. What type of visitors does Marley tell Scrooge to expect?
3. What instrument sounds before Jacob Marley appears?
4. How much time does Scrooge allow his employee to take off for the holiday?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
(d) No time.
5. How is the man for whom Scrooge apprenticed described?
(a) As miserly.
(b) As stupid.
(c) As generous.
(d) As intelligent.
6. As Scrooge witnesses the various scenes of his childhood, what seems to be slipping away from him as he grows older?
(a) His greed over money.
(b) His ability to love.
(c) His hopes for the future.
(d) His formal education.
7. What is used to heat Scrooge's warehouse?
8. What does the figure of Scrooge's first guest resemble?
(a) An angel.
(b) A man.
(c) A beast.
(d) A child.
9. When Scrooge sees Belle again, what is she breaking?
(a) A collection of expensive glasses.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her porcelain dinnerware.
(d) Their engagement.
10. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
11. What is the first mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
(a) Raindrops falling.
(b) Party music.
(c) Dogs barking.
(d) Doorbell ringing.
12. To pass time while he was alone during the holiday season, what does Scrooge imagine that he has?
(b) An automobile.
(c) A pet puppy.
13. What does Scrooge seize from the first spirit?
(a) His hat.
(b) His hand.
(c) His head.
(d) His heart.
14. Where was Scrooge left by his family during the holiday season?
(a) At an orphanage.
(b) On the streets.
(c) At school.
(d) With a distant relative.
15. What does Scrooge eat a bowl of in front of the fire before he receives his first visitor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is flowing from the head of the first guest that he covers by wearing a cap?
2. At what time will the last visitor come for Scrooge?
3. After Scrooge is touched by the spirit, what ability does he have?
4. What is Scrooge's nephew's name?
5. What does the first guest say that he is?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)