|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Marley carry around with his spirit?
2. What is Marley's spirit forced to do?
3. What does Marley say about his own spirit?
(a) That it is lively.
(b) That it is broken.
(c) That it is repaired.
(d) That it is doomed.
4. How does Belle's husband describe Scrooge?
(a) As "unrecognizable to love."
(b) As "a man to be feared."
(c) As "quite alone in the world."
(d) As "terribly successful."
5. What is significant about the countryside that Scrooge and the spirit visit?
(a) It is the countryside where Scrooge's father died.
(b) It is the countryside where Scrooge will spend the rest of his life.
(c) It is the countryside of Scrooge's youth.
(d) It is the countryside where Bob Cratchit and his family live.
6. At what time will the last visitor come for Scrooge?
(a) At midnight
(b) At one o'clock.
(c) At six o'clock.
(d) At noon.
7. What does Scrooge ask the first spirit to do for him?
(a) To leave him with the memories.
(b) To take him back home.
(c) To send a message to Belle.
(d) To never return.
8. What does Scrooge claim is causing his images of Jacob Marley?
(d) Food poisoning.
9. How many visitors does Marley say will come to Scrooge in the night?
10. Where does Scrooge see the face of Jacob Marley?
(a) Floating in the air.
(b) On the clockface.
(c) In the window.
(d) In his knocker.
11. After Jacob Marley leaves him, what time does Scrooge wake from sleep?
(a) Six o'clock.
(b) One o'clock.
12. What must Scrooge do in order to be taken back to his home?
(a) Quiet the music of the spirit.
(b) Drain the blood of the spirit.
(c) Cut the hair of the spirit.
(d) Dim the light of the spirit.
13. How many men come by to collect money from the neighborhood on Christmas Eve?
14. What has Marley come to do to Scrooge?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Change him.
(c) Scare him.
(d) Warn him.
15. How is the aura of Scrooge's first visitor described?
(a) As an aura of deceit.
(b) As an aura of death.
(c) As an aura of wisdom.
(d) As an aura of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the merchant under whom Scrooge apprenticed?
2. Which word best describes Scrooge?
3. What type of visitors does Marley tell Scrooge to expect?
4. What does the first guest say that he is?
5. What does Marley tell Scrooge these visitors will hold for him?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)