|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Scrooge do in order to be taken back to his home?
(a) Cut the hair of the spirit.
(b) Quiet the music of the spirit.
(c) Drain the blood of the spirit.
(d) Dim the light of the spirit.
2. What is the second mysterious sound that Scrooge hears?
(a) Footsteps pacing.
(b) Chains dragging.
(c) Floorboards squeaking.
(d) Doors creaking.
3. After Scrooge is touched by the spirit, what ability does he have?
(a) The ability to fly.
(b) The ability to speak words of wisdom.
(c) The ability to see into the future.
(d) The ability to feel the pain of others.
4. Who is Belle?
(a) Scrooge's girlfriend.
(b) Scrooge's sister.
(c) Scrooge's daugher.
(d) Scrooge's mother.
5. What type of party is Scrooge's old boss hosting for Christmas?
(a) A feast.
(b) A masquerade.
(c) A dance.
(d) He is not holding a party.
6. What does Scrooge claim is causing his images of Jacob Marley?
(d) Food poisoning.
7. How does Scrooge feel about the Christmas Season?
8. What is used to heat Scrooge's warehouse?
9. What does Scrooge tell his employee to do in exchange for his time off for the holiday?
(a) Cut his pay.
(b) Work overtime on the weekend.
(c) Come in early the next day.
(d) Take Scrooge with him to the party.
10. What is the state of Jacob Marley at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is alive.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is ill.
11. How does Scrooge respond to the invitation for a meal in Chapter 1?
(a) He doesn't give an answer.
(b) He doesn't understand it.
(c) He rebukes it.
(d) He accepts it.
12. How many men come by to collect money from the neighborhood on Christmas Eve?
13. After Jacob Marley leaves him, what time does Scrooge wake from sleep?
(c) One o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
14. What does the first guest say that he is?
(a) The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.
(b) The Ghost of Christmas Spirit.
(c) The Ghost of Christmas Past.
(d) The Ghost of Christmas Present.
15. How does Belle's husband describe Scrooge?
(a) As "terribly successful."
(b) As "unrecognizable to love."
(c) As "a man to be feared."
(d) As "quite alone in the world."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scrooge seize from the first spirit?
2. Why is the time that Scrooge wakes up significant?
3. How long does it take Scrooge to fall asleep after the spirit has left him?
4. What is Scrooge's relationship to Jacob Marley?
5. What is Scrooge's nephew's name?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)