|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scrooge's nephew's name?
2. What type of party is Scrooge's old boss hosting for Christmas?
(a) He is not holding a party.
(b) A dance.
(c) A feast.
(d) A masquerade.
3. Who is Belle?
(a) Scrooge's mother.
(b) Scrooge's girlfriend.
(c) Scrooge's sister.
(d) Scrooge's daugher.
4. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
5. How much time does Scrooge allow his employee to take off for the holiday?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) No time.
(d) One day.
6. How many visitors does Marley say will come to Scrooge in the night?
7. Where was Scrooge left by his family during the holiday season?
(a) At school.
(b) On the streets.
(c) At an orphanage.
(d) With a distant relative.
8. What does Scrooge seize from the first spirit?
(a) His head.
(b) His heart.
(c) His hat.
(d) His hand.
9. How does Belle's husband describe Scrooge?
(a) As "unrecognizable to love."
(b) As "a man to be feared."
(c) As "quite alone in the world."
(d) As "terribly successful."
10. What is flowing from the head of the first guest that he covers by wearing a cap?
11. As children, how did Fan and Scrooge travel from the school back home?
(a) On foot.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) On horseback.
(d) In an automobile.
12. How much money does Scrooge give to the collection?
(a) Five pence.
(b) Two pence.
(c) One pound.
13. When Fan comes running into the room for Scrooge, what does she tell him?
(a) That she is going on a very long trip, but will return for him.
(b) That she never wants to see him again.
(c) That she has come to take him home.
(d) That she is dying.
14. When Scrooge awakens, why does he vow to stay awake until one o'clock?
(a) To ensure that the clock is working properly.
(b) To ward off his terrible nightmares.
(c) To return to a normal sleep schedule.
(d) To disprove that spirits exist.
15. Who does Scrooge believe should be confined to prisons and workhouses?
(a) The weak.
(b) The elderly.
(c) The children.
(d) The poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Scrooge sees Belle again, what is she breaking?
2. What holiday is being celebrated when the story opens?
3. What are the men who are collecting money on Christmas Eve, using the money for?
4. What does Scrooge tell his employee to do in exchange for his time off for the holiday?
5. Who was Marley similar to when he was alive?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)