|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Jacob Marley leaves him, what time does Scrooge wake from sleep?
(b) One o'clock.
(c) Six o'clock.
2. How much time does Scrooge allow his employee to take off for the holiday?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) No time.
(d) One day.
3. How is the man for whom Scrooge apprenticed described?
(a) As generous.
(b) As intelligent.
(c) As miserly.
(d) As stupid.
4. Who stops by to invite Scrooge to a meal?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His son.
(d) His brother.
5. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
6. How does Scrooge feel about the way that people see him?
(a) He likes it.
(b) He is concerned.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He is apathetic.
7. At what time will the last visitor come for Scrooge?
(a) At one o'clock.
(b) At six o'clock.
(c) At noon.
(d) At midnight
8. Who is Fan?
(a) Scrooge's girlfriend.
(b) Scrooge's sister.
(c) Scrooge's daughter.
(d) Scrooge's mother.
9. What must Marley carry around with his spirit?
10. To pass time while he was alone during the holiday season, what does Scrooge imagine that he has?
(a) An automobile.
(c) A pet puppy.
11. After Scrooge is touched by the spirit, what ability does he have?
(a) The ability to see into the future.
(b) The ability to speak words of wisdom.
(c) The ability to feel the pain of others.
(d) The ability to fly.
12. What does Marley say about his own spirit?
(a) That it is broken.
(b) That it is repaired.
(c) That it is doomed.
(d) That it is lively.
13. What is the name of the merchant under whom Scrooge apprenticed?
14. When Scrooge sees Belle again, what is she breaking?
(a) A collection of expensive glasses.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her porcelain dinnerware.
(d) Their engagement.
15. What does Scrooge claim is causing his images of Jacob Marley?
(b) Food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marley's spirit forced to do?
2. What is Scrooge's nephew's name?
3. Through what does the first visitor travel with Scrooge?
4. When Fan comes running into the room for Scrooge, what does she tell him?
5. How is it signaled to Scrooge that there is a visitor in his room?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)