Short Answer Questions Key
1. What is the state of Jacob Marley at the beginning of the book?
He is dead.
2. What is Scrooge's relationship to Jacob Marley?
They were business partners.
3. Which word best describes Scrooge?
4. What holiday is being celebrated when the story opens?
5. Who stops by to invite Scrooge to a meal?
6. What meal is Scrooge invited to in Chapter 1?
7. What is Scrooge's first name?
8. How does Scrooge feel about the way that people see him?
He likes it.
9. How does Scrooge respond to the invitation for a meal in Chapter 1?
He rebukes it.
This section contains 4,015 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)