|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Scrooge believe should be confined to prisons and workhouses?
(a) The poor.
(b) The children.
(c) The weak.
(d) The elderly.
2. What does Scrooge tell his employee to do in exchange for his time off for the holiday?
(a) Cut his pay.
(b) Come in early the next day.
(c) Take Scrooge with him to the party.
(d) Work overtime on the weekend.
3. What is the state of the two children who grasp at the Spirit's robe?
(a) They are mute.
(b) They are healthy.
(c) They are fat.
(d) They are sickly.
4. What is used to heat Scrooge's warehouse?
5. What word best describes the weather on the day Scrooge is introduced?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the countryside that Scrooge and the spirit visit?
2. What part of Tim's body does not work properly?
3. Who gives the Christmas toast in the Cratchit home?
4. What is Tim's attitude to being ill?
5. What does Belle claim has corrupted Scrooge?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)