|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the figure of Scrooge's first guest resemble?
(a) A child.
(b) A beast.
(c) An angel.
(d) A man.
2. How does Scrooge respond to the invitation for a meal in Chapter 1?
(a) He accepts it.
(b) He rebukes it.
(c) He doesn't give an answer.
(d) He doesn't understand it.
3. How does Scrooge respond to seeing the countryside?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He begins to laugh.
(d) He is enraged.
4. How does Belle's husband describe Scrooge?
(a) As "terribly successful."
(b) As "a man to be feared."
(c) As "quite alone in the world."
(d) As "unrecognizable to love."
5. What does Scrooge ask the first spirit to do for him?
(a) To leave him with the memories.
(b) To never return.
(c) To send a message to Belle.
(d) To take him back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scrooge's nephew's name?
2. When Scrooge awakens, why does he vow to stay awake until one o'clock?
3. How long does it take Scrooge to fall asleep after the spirit has left him?
4. When Fan comes running into the room for Scrooge, what does she tell him?
5. Why is the time that Scrooge wakes up significant?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)