|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Scrooge awakens, why does he vow to stay awake until one o'clock?
(a) To disprove that spirits exist.
(b) To ensure that the clock is working properly.
(c) To ward off his terrible nightmares.
(d) To return to a normal sleep schedule.
2. Where was Scrooge left by his family during the holiday season?
(a) On the streets.
(b) At an orphanage.
(c) At school.
(d) With a distant relative.
3. As children, how did Fan and Scrooge travel from the school back home?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In an automobile.
(c) On foot.
(d) In a carriage.
4. What is significant about the countryside that Scrooge and the spirit visit?
(a) It is the countryside where Scrooge's father died.
(b) It is the countryside of Scrooge's youth.
(c) It is the countryside where Scrooge will spend the rest of his life.
(d) It is the countryside where Bob Cratchit and his family live.
5. Who does Fan tell Scrooge is "much kinder now"?
(a) His father.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His mother.
(d) His boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scrooge feel about the way that people see him?
2. How is the man for whom Scrooge apprenticed described?
3. How much time does Scrooge allow his employee to take off for the holiday?
4. Through what does the first visitor travel with Scrooge?
5. What is the state of Jacob Marley at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)