|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of Jacob Marley at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is missing.
(c) He is alive.
(d) He is ill.
2. Who does Scrooge believe should be confined to prisons and workhouses?
(a) The children.
(b) The weak.
(c) The poor.
(d) The elderly.
3. What holiday is being celebrated when the story opens?
(d) New Year's.
4. What instrument is being played at Fred's Christmas party?
(a) A flute.
(b) A harp.
(c) A cello.
(d) A violin.
5. Through what does the first visitor travel with Scrooge?
(a) His nightmares.
(b) His memories.
(c) His hopes.
(d) His dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the countryside that Scrooge and the spirit visit?
2. Who does Fan tell Scrooge is "much kinder now"?
3. Who does Fred claim is being harmed by Scrooge's attitude?
4. Who does the Spirit say that the children belong to?
5. Who does Scrooge visit and witness singing Christmas songs and reminiscing of Christmas memories?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)