|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his second visitor, how does Scrooge wake himself?
(a) With a snore.
(b) With a cough.
(c) With a hiccup.
(d) With a shout.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe the Scrooge's second visitor?
(a) He wore holly in a wreath on his head.
(b) He had short, red hair.
(c) He had bare feet.
(d) He was wearing a green robe.
3. What does Scrooge seize from the first spirit?
(a) His heart.
(b) His hand.
(c) His head.
(d) His hat.
4. Where was Scrooge left by his family during the holiday season?
(a) At school.
(b) At an orphanage.
(c) On the streets.
(d) With a distant relative.
5. During what holiday season was Scrooge left alone as a young boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the time that Scrooge wakes up significant?
2. What does Marley tell Scrooge these visitors will hold for him?
3. When Scrooge sees Belle again, what is she breaking?
4. Who does Scrooge believe should be confined to prisons and workhouses?
5. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)