|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the crowd respond to Fred's wishing of Scrooge's Christmas?
(a) No one hears him.
(b) With agreement.
(c) With apathy.
(d) With disagreement.
2. When Scrooge awakens, why does he vow to stay awake until one o'clock?
(a) To disprove that spirits exist.
(b) To return to a normal sleep schedule.
(c) To ward off his terrible nightmares.
(d) To ensure that the clock is working properly.
3. How does Scrooge respond to the invitation for a meal in Chapter 1?
(a) He doesn't give an answer.
(b) He accepts it.
(c) He rebukes it.
(d) He doesn't understand it.
4. How much money does Scrooge give to the collection?
(a) Five pence.
(b) Two pence.
(c) One pound.
5. What is the name of the merchant under whom Scrooge apprenticed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of the two children who grasp at the Spirit's robe?
2. What is the name of the girl who grasps at the Spirit's robe?
3. How is Scrooge described during his time with the first spirit?
4. What does Scrooge ask the first spirit to do for him?
5. What is the state of Jacob Marley at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)