|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of Jacob Marley at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is alive.
(d) He is dead.
2. How much time does Scrooge allow his employee to take off for the holiday?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) One day.
(d) No time.
3. Who does Scrooge believe should be confined to prisons and workhouses?
(a) The elderly.
(b) The children.
(c) The poor.
(d) The weak.
4. What does Dickens say does not affect Scrooge?
5. How does Bob Cratchit carry around Tiny Tim?
(a) On his back.
(b) On his shoulders.
(c) In his hands.
(d) In his arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men come by to collect money from the neighborhood on Christmas Eve?
2. What does Marley say about his own spirit?
3. Where does the spirit touch Scrooge?
4. What does Scrooge seize from the first spirit?
5. In the streets of London, who does the Spirit sprinkle a mysterious water on?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)