|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, why did Kylie say the spirit was grieving?
2. Who taught Lucas sword fighting?
3. Where does Holiday suggest that Kylie and her stepdad eat in Chapter 23?
4. During her mission, how was Della hurt?
5. In Chapter 31, what day of the week is parents’ day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jenny run away from the chameleon compound?
2. Why does Kylie tell Lucas that they aren’t right for one another at the end of Chapter 26?
3. Why does Kylie have a chocolate hangover in Chapter 29?
4. Why is sparring with the ghost in Chapter 32 so difficult for Kylie?
5. What is learned about the sword in Chapter 28?
6. In Chapter 24, why does Kylie’s mom come to Shadow Falls?
7. How does Mario die?
8. What incident does Mrs. Brighten tell about Daniel when he was in high school?
9. How are the stabbings going to be covered up?
10. What does Kylie arrange to have done in Chapter 37?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kylie and Lucas both have quests.
a. What are their quests?
b. How are their quests different, yet intertwined?
c. How are their quests accomplished?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the chapters in the novel end in suspense leaving readers wondering what will happen next. How many chapters in the novel end in a cliffhanger? How does that technique work to keep readers reading? How do the unanswered questions at the end of these chapters advance the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Kylie and Derek have the ability to be with someone in a dreamscape. What is a dreamscape? Why does Derek take Kylie into a dreamscape? What does he feel he can say to her that he can’t in person? Does the dreamscape help his relationship with Kylie? Why does Kylie go to Lucas in a dreamscape? What does she hope to achieve? How does it affect their relationship?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)