|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kylie have for dinner in Chapter 15?
2. In Chapter 14, how far is Kylie from the falls when she can hear their whisper?
3. Who tackled Kylie’s stepdad when he tried to jump the gate at Shadow Falls?
4. In Chapter 1, where is Kylie’s mother going with her new boyfriend?
5. What color are Lucas’s eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kylie believe she must go back to Shadow Falls?
2. Why doesn’t Kylie go straight to her room in Chapter 11?
3. How did Lucas hurt Kylie?
4. What does Miranda say about the aura of Kylie’s sword?
5. Why does Burnett get angry when Kylie sees her grandfather at the drugstore?
6. Did Burnett know that Lucas was waiting for Kylie earlier when he had dropped Kylie off at her cabin?
7. What used to be the relationship between Kylie and Derek?
8. How did Kylie’s grandfather take it when Hayden told him he had been found out?
9. What does Kylie dream in Chapter 12?
10. Who is the uninvited guest at the beginning of Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 7, Kylie fights Mario. What does the fight reveal about Kylie’s ability to fight? What does it reveal about Mario’s fighting skills? What powers does Mario have that almost make Kylie kill Lucas? What is the only thing that saves Kylie and her friends?
Essay Topic 2
Kylie and Lucas both have quests.
a. What are their quests?
b. How are their quests different, yet intertwined?
c. How are their quests accomplished?
Essay Topic 3
Kylie has to take sword lessons. Who is Kylie’s first instructor? How does she feel about having Lucas instruct her? Why does she agree to have him teach her? Why does the ghost begin giving Kylie lessons? Why is it so important for Kylie to learn how to fight with a sword?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)