Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hannah think that Guy says that he loves her?
2. Where is Rebecca waiting for her meeting?
3. What does Crispin do to Dafydd after threatening Dafydd with violence?
4. About whom does Dafydd complain to Guy in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What reasoning does Fay give for Ian giving up his role in the play?
The end of The Beggar's Opera has MacHeath being reprieved and all supposedly forgiven. Draw a parallel between the ending of The Beggar's Opera and the ending of A Chorus of Disapproval, illustrating the melding of the two endings into one resolution.
The bar seems to be a common social outlet for those involved in The Beggar's Opera. Do you think these people are serious about their roles in the play, or do you think it is more of a way to socialize? Remember, Guy joined to get back into life after the death of his wife, so we already know his motives. Do you think the others joined for similar reasons? Why or why not?
Describe the symbolism in the sound of a pump engine that Jarvis is listening to on a personal stereo.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)