|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has dropped out of the production, enabling Guy to be promoted once again?
2. Who does Dafydd blame for the tension between Linda and Bridget?
3. As Ian is waiting for Guy's friend to finish, Guy comes out dressed in what?
4. What hangs on the walls of Ian and Fay's living room?
5. Who sings the song at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of the scene between Fay, Ian, Guy, and Guy's elderly friend? Why interject the BLM situation? Do you think there is something more going on here than just a "bit of fun"? Why or why not? If so, what might that be?
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolism found in the many futile rehearsals and Dafydd's frustration?
Essay Topic 3
Each character in A Chorus of Disapproval seems to have some idiosyncrasy which sets him/her apart from the others. Why do you think there are so many "characters" in this play? Would it be as interesting if most of the characters were simply run-of-the-mill people? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)