|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What or who is the subject of the song Guy sings at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
2. Who sings the song at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. How does Jarvis describe the sound of a pump engine?
4. Dafydd talks to Guy about whom in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 7?
5. What is the subject of Hannah's conversation with Guy about their relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the symbolism in the sound of a pump engine that Jarvis is listening to on a personal stereo.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of the Daddy doll.
Essay Topic 3
The love triangle between Hannah, Fay, and Guy reaches a confrontation climax in Act 2, Scene 1. Hannah is desperate for undivided attention and does not like Fay's interference in her relationship with Guy. Fay has ulterior motives and is using sex as a manipulation tool. Guy is simply lonely and enjoying the attention of two women. Compare/contrast the Guy/Fay relationship to the Guy/Hannah relationship. While neither relationship is healthy, which one do you think is more fulfilling to Guy and why?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)