|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fay looking forward to seeing when Guy's friend arrives?
2. Who performs the song in Act 1, Scene 7?
3. What does Rebecca tell Guy he should remember about his role as MacHeath?
4. Where is Rebecca waiting for her meeting?
5. When Guy arrives at Fay and Ian's house, what is Fay armed with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dafydd is obviously passionately dedicated to The Beggar's Opera. He seems to spend all of his free time focusing on perfecting the play. His day job as a lawyer is very time consuming and often takes him away from home. Keeping this in mind, what do you think his relationship is like with his wife and daughters? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Recalling the description of Dafydd and Hannah's home and knowing what you do of Dafydd's life and character, what does the home's description say about Dafydd's role in the home?
Essay Topic 3
The end of The Beggar's Opera has MacHeath being reprieved and all supposedly forgiven. Draw a parallel between the ending of The Beggar's Opera and the ending of A Chorus of Disapproval, illustrating the melding of the two endings into one resolution.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)