|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hannah think that Guy says that he loves her?
2. Where is Rebecca waiting for her meeting?
3. What does Crispin do to Dafydd after threatening Dafydd with violence?
4. About whom does Dafydd complain to Guy in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What reasoning does Fay give for Ian giving up his role in the play?
Essay Topic 1
Dafydd's temper eventually drives several of his actors away, leaving an opening for Guy to move up. Do you think this is purposeful? Why would Dafydd want to see Guy advance in the company?
Essay Topic 2
Each character in A Chorus of Disapproval seems to have some idiosyncrasy which sets him/her apart from the others. Why do you think there are so many "characters" in this play? Would it be as interesting if most of the characters were simply run-of-the-mill people? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The end of The Beggar's Opera has MacHeath being reprieved and all supposedly forgiven. Draw a parallel between the ending of The Beggar's Opera and the ending of A Chorus of Disapproval, illustrating the melding of the two endings into one resolution.
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)