|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the song about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Dafydd do in response to Crispin's threats?
3. What does Guy tell Jarvis about Jarvis's land?
4. Who performs the song in Act 1, Scene 7?
5. As Ian answers the door, where does Fay lead Guy?
Essay Topic 1
Each character in A Chorus of Disapproval seems to have some idiosyncrasy which sets him/her apart from the others. Why do you think there are so many "characters" in this play? Would it be as interesting if most of the characters were simply run-of-the-mill people? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does talk of Guy's deceased wife lead to romantic overtures between Guy and Hannah? What does Hannah reveal about herself and her life that gives Guy that opening? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of the scene between Fay, Ian, Guy, and Guy's elderly friend? Why interject the BLM situation? Do you think there is something more going on here than just a "bit of fun"? Why or why not? If so, what might that be?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)