|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Hannah's conversation with Guy about their relationship?
2. Who does Dafydd blame for the tension between Linda and Bridget?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, the song Crispin is singing is about what?
4. What kind of song does Guy sing at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
5. What is one thing about which Hannah complains to Guy as they discuss their relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the Daddy doll.
Essay Topic 2
Guy appears to be an innocent pawn in several different story lines in this play. He strikes the reader as easily led, if not downright naive. However, there are times when one wonders if Guy might not be so innocent, especially when it comes to his relationships with Hannah and Fay. Identify situations in the play where Guy's participation is arguably a result of him allowing himself to be led. Afterward, identify situations where he appears to be proactive. Compare/contrast the two sets of situations. What, if anything, appears to be a common factor to both sets?
Essay Topic 3
What is the symbolism found in the many futile rehearsals and Dafydd's frustration?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)