|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hannah say that it is good Dafydd hasn't found out about her and Guy?
2. Where are Hannah and Guy holding their conversation about their relationship?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, the song Crispin is singing is about what?
4. Who does Dafydd shake in frustration?
5. Who does Dafydd blame for the tension between Linda and Bridget?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The love triangle between Hannah, Fay, and Guy reaches a confrontation climax in Act 2, Scene 1. Hannah is desperate for undivided attention and does not like Fay's interference in her relationship with Guy. Fay has ulterior motives and is using sex as a manipulation tool. Guy is simply lonely and enjoying the attention of two women. Compare/contrast the Guy/Fay relationship to the Guy/Hannah relationship. While neither relationship is healthy, which one do you think is more fulfilling to Guy and why?
Essay Topic 2
The end of The Beggar's Opera has MacHeath being reprieved and all supposedly forgiven. Draw a parallel between the ending of The Beggar's Opera and the ending of A Chorus of Disapproval, illustrating the melding of the two endings into one resolution.
Essay Topic 3
Dafydd's temper eventually drives several of his actors away, leaving an opening for Guy to move up. Do you think this is purposeful? Why would Dafydd want to see Guy advance in the company?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)