|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women do in response to Dafydd's stage direction in the scene between Crispin and Guy?
2. What is Jarvis doing while the rehearsal is taking place in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Fay realize about Guy's lady friend who was to accompany him?
4. Who sings the song at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What happens when the contents of Fay's bag are revealed to Hannah and Guy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The love triangle between Hannah, Fay, and Guy reaches a confrontation climax in Act 2, Scene 1. Hannah is desperate for undivided attention and does not like Fay's interference in her relationship with Guy. Fay has ulterior motives and is using sex as a manipulation tool. Guy is simply lonely and enjoying the attention of two women. Compare/contrast the Guy/Fay relationship to the Guy/Hannah relationship. While neither relationship is healthy, which one do you think is more fulfilling to Guy and why?
Essay Topic 2
Rebecca is clearly elbow deep in the rumors surrounding the BLM land deal. What do you think her motives are in starting these rumors?
Essay Topic 3
The Beggar's Opera was written in 1728 by John Gay. A Chorus of Disapproval was written in 1984 by Alan Ayckbourn. The political climates during these times were vastly different, not to mention the extremely divergent attitude toward sex and morality. Yet, Ayckbourn seems to find a way to seamlessly merge the two plays into a flowing, interesting commentary on politics and morality which might suit any era. How do you think Ayckbourn manages to accomplish this difficult creative feat?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)