|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rebecca say she wants from Guy?
2. Dafydd talks to Guy about whom in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 7?
3. What is one thing about which Hannah complains to Guy as they discuss their relationship?
4. Where is Rebecca waiting for her meeting?
5. What does Crispin do when rehearsal breaks after the scene between him and Guy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Guy appears to be an innocent pawn in several different story lines in this play. He strikes the reader as easily led, if not downright naive. However, there are times when one wonders if Guy might not be so innocent, especially when it comes to his relationships with Hannah and Fay. Identify situations in the play where Guy's participation is arguably a result of him allowing himself to be led. Afterward, identify situations where he appears to be proactive. Compare/contrast the two sets of situations. What, if anything, appears to be a common factor to both sets?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of the Daddy doll.
Essay Topic 3
The bar seems to be a common social outlet for those involved in The Beggar's Opera. Do you think these people are serious about their roles in the play, or do you think it is more of a way to socialize? Remember, Guy joined to get back into life after the death of his wife, so we already know his motives. Do you think the others joined for similar reasons? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)