|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fay leaves the room during the party with Ian and Guy, what does she take with her?
2. What does Fay say might happen if Guy doesn't come through for her and Ian on the land deal?
3. What is Ian waiting for Guy's friend to do as he takes a huge gulp of his drink?
4. Hannah says her daughters have now begun to call the Daddy doll by what name?
5. What is the song about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Unhappy relationships abound in both The Beggar's Opera and A Chorus of Disapproval. Compare/contrast several unhappy relationships from either play and identify the causal factor in each. Do you think these relationships could be fixed? Why or why not, and if so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the symbolism in the sound of a pump engine that Jarvis is listening to on a personal stereo.
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between Fay and Guy seems to be purely sexual. We see no obvious emotional attachment. What do you think is the entire basis for this relationship? Do you think Ian and Fay planned this complicated pas de trois? If so, why?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)