|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 7, what is the song about?
2. How long is the rehearsal break Dafydd orders after the scene between Crispin and Guy?
3. What does Guy tell Jarvis about Jarvis's land?
4. Fay tells Guy that anything goes except for what?
5. Who does Dafydd shake in frustration?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Describe the symbolism in the sound of a pump engine that Jarvis is listening to on a personal stereo.
Essay Topic 2The bar seems to be a common social outlet for those involved in The Beggar's Opera. Do you think these people are serious about their roles in the play, or do you think it is more of a way to socialize? Remember, Guy joined to get back into life after the death of his wife, so we already know his motives. Do you think the others joined for similar reasons? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3Unhappy relationships abound in both The Beggar's Opera and A Chorus of Disapproval. Compare/contrast several unhappy relationships from either play and identify the causal factor in each. Do you think these relationships could be fixed? Why or why not, and if so, how?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)