|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bridget prompt Linda?
2. What does Crispin do to Dafydd after threatening Dafydd with violence?
3. What happens when Bridget laughs at Linda while Linda is rehearsing with Crispin?
4. What does Bridget do when rehearsal breaks?
5. Who does Dafydd blame for the tension between Linda and Bridget?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dafydd's temper eventually drives several of his actors away, leaving an opening for Guy to move up. Do you think this is purposeful? Why would Dafydd want to see Guy advance in the company?
Essay Topic 2
The bar seems to be a common social outlet for those involved in The Beggar's Opera. Do you think these people are serious about their roles in the play, or do you think it is more of a way to socialize? Remember, Guy joined to get back into life after the death of his wife, so we already know his motives. Do you think the others joined for similar reasons? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the Daddy doll.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)