|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What or who is the subject of the song Guy sings at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
2. What does Ian ask Guy about when Fay leaves the room while awaiting Guy's friend's arrival?
3. Why does Hannah think that Guy says that he loves her?
4. Who overhears part of the conversation between Jarvis and Guy when they are discussing Jarvis's land?
5. What does the author say Fay and Ian are hooked on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The relationship between Fay and Guy seems to be purely sexual. We see no obvious emotional attachment. What do you think is the entire basis for this relationship? Do you think Ian and Fay planned this complicated pas de trois? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
What is the importance of the scene between Fay, Ian, Guy, and Guy's elderly friend? Why interject the BLM situation? Do you think there is something more going on here than just a "bit of fun"? Why or why not? If so, what might that be?
Essay Topic 3
Each character in A Chorus of Disapproval seems to have some idiosyncrasy which sets him/her apart from the others. Why do you think there are so many "characters" in this play? Would it be as interesting if most of the characters were simply run-of-the-mill people? Why or why not?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)