|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bridget prompt Linda?
2. Who does Dafydd shake in frustration?
3. What do the women do in response to Dafydd's stage direction in the scene between Crispin and Guy?
4. What is the song about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Who owns the land that BLM supposedly wants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The end of The Beggar's Opera has MacHeath being reprieved and all supposedly forgiven. Draw a parallel between the ending of The Beggar's Opera and the ending of A Chorus of Disapproval, illustrating the melding of the two endings into one resolution.
Essay Topic 2
One of the subplots in A Chorus of Disapproval is the rumor about BLM's interest in Jarvis's land. What purpose does this subplot serve? How is it tied into the other story lines? What do you think the author's purpose is in including it in the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of the scene between Fay, Ian, Guy, and Guy's elderly friend? Why interject the BLM situation? Do you think there is something more going on here than just a "bit of fun"? Why or why not? If so, what might that be?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)