|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women do in response to Dafydd's stage direction in the scene between Crispin and Guy?
2. What does Rebecca offer her guest before their meeting to discuss the BLM land deal?
3. What does Bridget do when rehearsal breaks?
4. What kind of song does Guy sing at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
5. What does Dafydd do during the performance of the song in Act 1, Scene 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Beggar's Opera was written in 1728 by John Gay. A Chorus of Disapproval was written in 1984 by Alan Ayckbourn. The political climates during these times were vastly different, not to mention the extremely divergent attitude toward sex and morality. Yet, Ayckbourn seems to find a way to seamlessly merge the two plays into a flowing, interesting commentary on politics and morality which might suit any era. How do you think Ayckbourn manages to accomplish this difficult creative feat?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the symbolism in the sound of a pump engine that Jarvis is listening to on a personal stereo.
Essay Topic 3
Recalling the description of Dafydd and Hannah's home and knowing what you do of Dafydd's life and character, what does the home's description say about Dafydd's role in the home?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)