|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crispin do when rehearsal breaks after the scene between him and Guy?
2. When Fay leaves the room during the party with Ian and Guy, what does she take with her?
3. What hangs on the walls of Ian and Fay's living room?
4. What does Fay say might happen if Guy doesn't come through for her and Ian on the land deal?
5. What does Dafydd do during the performance of the song in Act 1, Scene 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of the scene between Fay, Ian, Guy, and Guy's elderly friend? Why interject the BLM situation? Do you think there is something more going on here than just a "bit of fun"? Why or why not? If so, what might that be?
Essay Topic 2
The Beggar's Opera was written in 1728 by John Gay. A Chorus of Disapproval was written in 1984 by Alan Ayckbourn. The political climates during these times were vastly different, not to mention the extremely divergent attitude toward sex and morality. Yet, Ayckbourn seems to find a way to seamlessly merge the two plays into a flowing, interesting commentary on politics and morality which might suit any era. How do you think Ayckbourn manages to accomplish this difficult creative feat?
Essay Topic 3
What is the symbolism found in the many futile rehearsals and Dafydd's frustration?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)