|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Guy say his wife is?
2. What does Dafydd suggest Guy should do be more like his initial character?
3. What is the name of the protagonist's wife in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. From where did Guy come to look for the director?
5. What do Dafydd's children do when he has been away too long?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Fay seem to have a genuine emotional attachment to Guy, or do you think everything she does is for what she can get out of it?
2. Do you think Guy's ulterior motive in joining the company was to become involved with one of the women in the play? Why?
3. What is symbolic about Dafydd's mad dash to set up the lights even while his wife is breaking up with her boyfriend in plain sight?
4. What does the description of Dafydd's home tell you about his family?
5. What is the importance of the second song from The Beggar's Opera in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. Guy's roles appear to be intricately tied into what a woman is encouraging Dafydd to do as far as the role goes. Cite some examples of this.
7. What impression does the reader get of Hannah? Does she seem happy? Why or why not?
8. What is symbolic about the women of the cast turning to face Guy instead of doing as Dafydd instructs and turning to face Crispin?
9. Why is Guy uncomfortable with accepting the money that Jarvis sent him?
10. Guy is barely mentioned in Act 1, Scene 3, but the reader is still able to glean additional information about his personality. What does this scene tell you about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1The relationship between Fay and Guy seems to be purely sexual. We see no obvious emotional attachment. What do you think is the entire basis for this relationship? Do you think Ian and Fay planned this complicated pas de trois? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2One of the subplots in A Chorus of Disapproval is the rumor about BLM's interest in Jarvis's land. What purpose does this subplot serve? How is it tied into the other story lines? What do you think the author's purpose is in including it in the story?
Essay Topic 3Discuss the symbolism of the Daddy doll.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)