|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of names do Dafydd's daughters have?
2. Where does Guy say his wife is?
3. Why does Hannah say she can't go to bed?
4. What happens when Guy opens his mouth to begin his audition song?
5. When was the play being performed written?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is symbolic about Dafydd's mad dash to set up the lights even while his wife is breaking up with her boyfriend in plain sight?
2. Do you think that Fay fooling Ian into having sex with a 70 year-old is part of the comic relief in Act 1, Scene 6? Why or why not?
3. Act 2, Scene 2 contains the climax of the Crispin/Linda/Bridget love triangle. Explain the events that take place.
4. What is the significance of Ian dropping out of the play?
5. What does the description of Dafydd's home tell you about his family?
6. Act 1, Scene 1 includes a fairly overt use of foreshadowing. What do you think might be foreshadowed by the events taking place in this scene?
7. Act 1, Scene 7 seems to be a bit more about Guy feeling a bit pleased with himself, maybe even a little bit cocky. Does he still retain the perceived innocence from earlier scenes?
8. Guy was married, but he still seems quite naive when it comes to sexual innuendos. Give an example of his naiveté as it relates Act 1, Scene 6.
9. What is the importance of the Welsh song to Dafydd? Do you think that attempting to sing that song endeared Guy to Dafydd or alienated him? Why?
10. What does Ian's confession to Dafydd about Hannah and Guy tell you about Ian's motivations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rebecca is clearly elbow deep in the rumors surrounding the BLM land deal. What do you think her motives are in starting these rumors?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of the Daddy doll.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the symbolism in the sound of a pump engine that Jarvis is listening to on a personal stereo.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)