|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rebecca's complaint after Dafydd's outburst at Ted?
(a) She thinks Dafydd is too hard on Ted.
(b) She thinks she should have the lead.
(c) She doesn't like Guy.
(d) She has to wait so long to participate in rehearsal.
2. What does the ringing of the bell in the bar signify?
(a) A phone call is waiting.
(b) Someone has entered the bar.
(c) Last call.
(d) Dinner time.
3. Who are Linda's parents?
(a) Guy and Fay.
(b) Crispin and Bridget.
(c) Rebecca and Dafydd.
(d) Enid and Ted.
4. When Guy is left alone on the stage in Act 1, Scene 5, what does he do?
(a) Daydreams of stardom.
(b) Practices his one line.
(c) Begins to get anxious about opening day.
(d) Sings a jolly off-color Welsh tune.
5. What is the name of the troupe performing the play?
(a) Petaluma Amateur Light Opera Society.
(b) Pennsylvania Amateur Light Opera Society.
(c) Petalon Arabian Light Opera Society.
(d) Pendon Amateur Light Opera Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hannah say she can't go to bed?
2. Who flirts with Guy at the bar?
3. What does Dafydd suggest Guy should do be more like his initial character?
4. What is said of Jarvis's age?
5. What kind of business does Guy's company perform?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the song from The Beggar's Opera in Act 1, Scene 3? What does it add to the scene?
2. What is the importance of Guy's promotion from Crook Finger'd Jack to Matt the Mint?
3. Do you think Guy's ulterior motive in joining the company was to become involved with one of the women in the play? Why?
4. Guy and Hannah share a kiss in an area where anyone from the cast could see them, and Dafydd has just left the room. What does their recklessness say about them?
5. What does the description of Dafydd's home tell you about his family?
6. What is the relevance of the song from The Beggar's Opera at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
7. What does the ending Act 1, Scene 6 tell you about how Guy is feeling about himself now?
8. Character development is very important in a play. Act 1, Scene 3 is all about character development. How does this bar scene give you the basic information you need to know about most of the characters?
9. Why do you think Guy approaches Jarvis with information about the BLM land deal?
10. Do you think that Guy is as innocent as he is portrayed, or do you think it is a creatively crafted act?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)