|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is playing the lead in The Beggar's Opera?
2. Who gets into a physical confrontation in the bar?
(a) Dafydd and Ted.
(b) Crispin and Bridget.
(c) Crispin and Guy.
(d) Mr. Ames and Jarvis.
3. From where did Guy come to look for the director?
(b) The pit.
(c) His home.
(d) The rehearsal area.
4. With whom does Guy speak when looking for the director?
(a) Mr. Jarvis.
(c) Mr. Llewellyn.
(d) Mr. Ames.
5. After Guy's audition, who offers suggestions on how to improve the play?
(b) Mr. Ames
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the protagonist's wife in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is the mood between Hannah and Guy after they first meet and talk?
3. What is Linda's reply in when Dafydd asks where Crispin is?
4. Who interrupts the conversation between Guy and the woman flirting with him?
5. What did Jarvis say he was forced to do when he didn't practice his craft?
Short Essay Questions
1. Character development is very important in a play. Act 1, Scene 3 is all about character development. How does this bar scene give you the basic information you need to know about most of the characters?
2. What is symbolic about Dafydd's mad dash to set up the lights even while his wife is breaking up with her boyfriend in plain sight?
3. Why do you think Guy approaches Jarvis with information about the BLM land deal?
4. What are the perceived dynamics between Enid, Ted and Linda?
5. What is the importance of the first song sung from The Beggar's Opera in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. What does Jarvis's sawdust story tell you about him?
7. Do you think Guy's ulterior motive in joining the company was to become involved with one of the women in the play? Why?
8. What is the relevance of the song from The Beggar's Opera at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
9. What is the symbolism of the missing underwear?
10. What do you think is the importance of Guy being mentioned by name in Dafydd Llewellyn's speech when all of the other actors are simply lumped together?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)