|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guy planning to sing for his audition?
(a) A popular Welsh song.
(b) "Mary Had A Little Lamb."
(c) A short Irish ditty.
(d) "The Star Spangled Banner."
2. What is the name of the protagonist in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
(c) Mac the Knife.
3. How does Hannah congratulate Guy on his promotion to a new character?
(a) With a hearty handshake.
(b) With an individual standing ovation.
(c) With a passionate kiss.
(d) With a bear hug.
4. What does Ian invite Guy to do on Friday night?
(a) To join him and Fay in a trip to the country.
(b) To join him and Fay in a bit of fun.
(c) To join him and Fay at a football game.
(d) To join him and Fay in a night of drinking.
5. What happens to Guy at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He has a memory of his first time on stage.
(b) He congratulates his fellow actors.
(c) He leaves quietly, without emotion.
(d) He collapses in agony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the fate of the play's main character as explained in the beginning of the book?
2. After Guy's audition, who offers suggestions on how to improve the play?
3. What is Dafydd drinking at the bar?
4. Why is Guy surprised after he finishes his audition?
5. What is the name of the play being performed by the characters of A Chorus of Disapproval?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the discussion of the overwhelming Welsh influence on the Llewellyn family? What does this mean to Hannah?
2. What do you think the importance of the music from The Beggar's Opera is to this play? Why?
3. Does Fay seem to have a genuine emotional attachment to Guy, or do you think everything she does is for what she can get out of it?
4. What is the symbolism of the missing underwear?
5. What is the symbolism of the reprieve MacHeath (played by Guy) receives from the executioner (played by Dafydd)?
6. In Act 1, Scene 3, we are introduced to our first love triangle. Describe these relationships.
7. What is symbolic about the women of the cast turning to face Guy instead of doing as Dafydd instructs and turning to face Crispin?
8. Do you think Guy's ulterior motive in joining the company was to become involved with one of the women in the play? Why?
9. Again, we see an example of Guy's innocence. Though Rebecca nearly outright confesses to starting the BLM rumor, Guy is still puzzled about who would have done so and why. How does Rebecca describe the possible events leading up to the rumor?
10. What are Hannah's chief complaints in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)