|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dafydd says that everything in the Llewellyn house is ______________.
2. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Dafydd do when he finally loses his temper completely?
(a) Leaves the theater.
(b) Stomps his foot and screams.
(c) Cancels the rehearsal.
(d) Destroys Ted's script.
3. What did Jarvis say he was forced to do when he didn't practice his craft?
(a) Take a lesser role.
(b) Buy a round of drinks for his co-workers.
(c) Find a new job.
(d) Eat a pile of sawdust.
4. What happens to Dafydd's drink?
(a) Guy drinks it.
(b) It gets knocked over during the fight.
(c) It is accidentally set on fire.
(d) Bridget throws it away.
5. What does the ringing of the bell in the bar signify?
(a) A phone call is waiting.
(b) Someone has entered the bar.
(c) Dinner time.
(d) Last call.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Linda's boyfriend?
2. What is the name of the performance's director?
3. What is the first thing learned about the protagonist in the play being performed?
4. How is Dafydd's house described?
5. What is the name of the character that plays the protagonist in the play being performed in the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Guy uncomfortable with accepting the money that Jarvis sent him?
2. What are Hannah's chief complaints in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Ian's confession to Dafydd about Hannah and Guy tell you about Ian's motivations?
4. Guy is barely mentioned in Act 1, Scene 3, but the reader is still able to glean additional information about his personality. What does this scene tell you about him?
5. What is the symbolism of the reprieve MacHeath (played by Guy) receives from the executioner (played by Dafydd)?
6. What is the significance of the song Crispin sings in Act 2, Scene 2 while Linda and Bridget are fighting?
7. Describe the significance of Fay and Ian's lifestyle.
8. What do you think is the importance of Guy being mentioned by name in Dafydd Llewellyn's speech when all of the other actors are simply lumped together?
9. What is the comedic action taking place in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. Why is the Daddy doll used as a stand-in for Dafydd when he is gone? What does this tell you about Dafydd's relationship with his daughters?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)