Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Guy's audition, who offers suggestions on how to improve the play?
(a) Mr. Ames
2. What does Hannah ask Guy to do while he is on stage practicing his craft?
(a) Stop seeing Fay.
(b) Work on their scene together.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Take her out someplace nice.
3. What happens when Guy opens his mouth to begin his audition song?
(a) Dafydd starts singing the song.
(b) No sound comes out.
(c) His voice emerges clear and strong.
(d) He chokes and asks to begin again.
4. What happens to the protagonist in the play taking place in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is condemned to walk the plank.
(b) He has saved many people in his short, sad life.
(c) He has risen above his station in life and married a rich woman.
(d) He is betrayed for money and sent to prison.
5. Who interrupts the conversation between Guy and the woman flirting with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Linda's boyfriend?
2. When Guy is left alone on the stage in Act 1, Scene 5, what does he do?
3. Who gets into a physical confrontation in the bar?
4. Why does Hannah say she can't go to bed?
5. After watching his audition, how do the women of the company describe Guy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the second song from The Beggar's Opera in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Describe your first impression of Dafydd. What does his personality tell you about him? Does he strike you as a person capable of forming lasting relationships?
3. What is the comedic action taking place in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is the importance of tension to a play? What does it create, and what does it set up?
5. What do you think is the importance of Guy being mentioned by name in Dafydd Llewellyn's speech when all of the other actors are simply lumped together?
6. What do you think the importance of the music from The Beggar's Opera is to this play? Why?
7. Why is the Daddy doll used as a stand-in for Dafydd when he is gone? What does this tell you about Dafydd's relationship with his daughters?
8. Why do you think Ian invites Guy to a night out with him and Fay? Do you think he's simply being friendly, or do you think he might have ulterior motives? Why?
9. Do you think Guy's ulterior motive in joining the company was to become involved with one of the women in the play? Why?
10. Act 1, Scene 7 seems to be a bit more about Guy feeling a bit pleased with himself, maybe even a little bit cocky. Does he still retain the perceived innocence from earlier scenes?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)