|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 5, why is Dafydd frustrated?
(a) His wife won't stop talking.
(b) Guy is late for practice.
(c) The troupe is drunk.
(d) The rehearsals are 10 days behind schedule.
2. Which scene is being performed by the actors in the beginning of the play?
(a) The prologue.
(b) The second scene.
(c) The final scene.
(d) The epilogue.
3. Why does Ted have to leave rehearsal?
(a) To attend a dance at work.
(b) To attend a family function.
(c) To make dinner.
(d) To take care of his sick baby.
4. What is an example of "Linda trouble" given in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She painted graffiti on her parents' house.
(b) She drove the car into a ditch.
(c) She set Enid's clothing on fire.
(d) She broke all of the windows.
5. What is Rebecca's complaint after Dafydd's outburst at Ted?
(a) She thinks Dafydd is too hard on Ted.
(b) She doesn't like Guy.
(c) She thinks she should have the lead.
(d) She has to wait so long to participate in rehearsal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Enid and Hannah do in response to Dafydd's actions when he loses his temper completely in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. How does Dafydd describe the owner of the bar?
3. From where did Guy come to look for the director?
4. What is the name of the protagonist in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How is Bridget introduced in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Guy is barely mentioned in Act 1, Scene 3, but the reader is still able to glean additional information about his personality. What does this scene tell you about him?
2. What is the importance, if any, of Guy being invited to join the rest of the cast at the bar?
3. The BLM deal is again mentioned Act 1, Scene 6, almost as a sidebar. What purpose do you think it serves in this instance?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, we are introduced to our first love triangle. Describe these relationships.
5. What does Ian's confession to Dafydd about Hannah and Guy tell you about Ian's motivations?
6. Compare/contrast Dafydd and Guy. What do you think is the importance of this relationship to the play?
7. Act 1, Scene 1 includes a fairly overt use of foreshadowing. What do you think might be foreshadowed by the events taking place in this scene?
8. In Act 1, Scene 4, we learn of Guy's wife's death and why he wanted to join The Beggar's Opera. What effect, good or bad, do you think his wife's death will have on his future relationships with women
9. Rebecca makes a request of Guy. What does her request involve?
10. Why is Guy uncomfortable with accepting the money that Jarvis sent him?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)