|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Guy's audition, who offers suggestions on how to improve the play?
(c) Mr. Ames
2. When was the play being performed written?
3. How does Dafydd describe the owner of the bar?
(a) A broken down drunk.
(b) A meek and mild man in his sixties.
(c) A cantankerous old chap.
(d) A sweet old man.
4. What is the occupation of the protagonist in the play being performed by the troupe?
(c) Petty thief.
5. What is said of Jarvis's age?
(a) He is in his forties.
(b) He is in his fifties.
(c) His age hangs on him like an old coat.
(d) His age is not mentioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dafydd drinking at the bar?
2. What did Jarvis say he was forced to do when he didn't practice his craft?
3. With whom does Guy speak when looking for the director?
4. What does Ian invite Guy to do on Friday night?
5. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, for whom is Guy looking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe your first impression of Dafydd. What does his personality tell you about him? Does he strike you as a person capable of forming lasting relationships?
2. Ambition now seems to be one of Guy's driving forces after success with women and his acting. Cite examples of his ambition in his sexual conquests as well as his roles in the play.
3. Does Fay seem to have a genuine emotional attachment to Guy, or do you think everything she does is for what she can get out of it?
4. Newly entrenched in the lead role as MacHeath, Guy sings a song at the end of Act 2, Scene 2. What is the importance of the song?
5. Guy and Hannah share a kiss in an area where anyone from the cast could see them, and Dafydd has just left the room. What does their recklessness say about them?
6. What do you think is the importance of Guy being mentioned by name in Dafydd Llewellyn's speech when all of the other actors are simply lumped together?
7. What is the symbolism of the missing underwear?
8. What is the symbolism of the reprieve MacHeath (played by Guy) receives from the executioner (played by Dafydd)?
9. What impression does the reader get of Hannah? Does she seem happy? Why or why not?
10. What are the perceived dynamics between Enid, Ted and Linda?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)