Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Linda's parents?
(a) Enid and Ted.
(b) Rebecca and Dafydd.
(c) Crispin and Bridget.
(d) Guy and Fay.
2. What is Rebecca's complaint after Dafydd's outburst at Ted?
(a) She thinks she should have the lead.
(b) She thinks Dafydd is too hard on Ted.
(c) She has to wait so long to participate in rehearsal.
(d) She doesn't like Guy.
3. What is the mood between Hannah and Guy after they first meet and talk?
4. Dafydd says that everything in the Llewellyn house is ______________.
5. Why does Hannah run out of the room when Dafydd brings Guy to his home?
(a) She forgot about an appointment she had.
(b) She is embarrassed about the condition of her home.
(c) Her children frighten her.
(d) Her face is covered in night cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the protagonist's wife in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Hannah say about Guy when Dafydd tells her what character he has chosen for Guy?
3. What is Dafydd drinking at the bar?
4. Why does Dafydd invite Guy to his home after the bar closes?
5. When Ian invites Guy to join him and Fay, what does he tell Guy to bring?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the significance of Fay and Ian's lifestyle.
2. What are the perceived dynamics between Enid, Ted and Linda?
3. What is the importance of the Welsh song to Dafydd? Do you think that attempting to sing that song endeared Guy to Dafydd or alienated him? Why?
4. Guy was married, but he still seems quite naive when it comes to sexual innuendos. Give an example of his naiveté as it relates Act 1, Scene 6.
5. The comedic action is based on the concept of misunderstanding. Once Guy finally figures out what is the true nature of his invitation to Ian and Fay's home, what does his follow through on the situation say about his personality?
6. What does Act 1, Scene 4 tell you about Dafydd's character? Does him seem self absorbed and boorish or simply clueless? Why?
7. The women of the cast have an obvious interest in Guy. How does this interest help to sharpen Guy's character for the reader?
8. Compare/contrast Dafydd and Guy. What do you think is the importance of this relationship to the play?
9. Does Fay seem to have a genuine emotional attachment to Guy, or do you think everything she does is for what she can get out of it?
10. What is satire? What does it add to a script? How is it used in the play The Beggar's Opera?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)