|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dafydd describe the owner of the bar?
(a) A sweet old man.
(b) A meek and mild man in his sixties.
(c) A cantankerous old chap.
(d) A broken down drunk.
2. Which scene is being performed by the actors in the beginning of the play?
(a) The prologue.
(b) The epilogue.
(c) The second scene.
(d) The final scene.
3. What does the ringing of the bell in the bar signify?
(a) Last call.
(b) Someone has entered the bar.
(c) Dinner time.
(d) A phone call is waiting.
4. Who is Hannah?
(a) Guy's girlfriend.
(b) Guy's mother.
(c) Dafydd's wife.
(d) Dafydd's daughter.
5. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, for whom is Guy looking?
(b) Mr. Llewellyn.
(c) Mr. Jarvis.
(d) Mr. Ames.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does Guy's company perform?
2. From where did Guy come to look for the director?
3. How is Dafydd's house described?
4. Why is Guy surprised after he finishes his audition?
5. What does Hannah bring to Guy while he is practicing his craft?
Short Essay Questions
1. The comedic action is based on the concept of misunderstanding. Once Guy finally figures out what is the true nature of his invitation to Ian and Fay's home, what does his follow through on the situation say about his personality?
2. Guy was married, but he still seems quite naive when it comes to sexual innuendos. Give an example of his naiveté as it relates Act 1, Scene 6.
3. Newly entrenched in the lead role as MacHeath, Guy sings a song at the end of Act 2, Scene 2. What is the importance of the song?
4. What is the importance of Guy's promotion from Crook Finger'd Jack to Matt the Mint?
5. What is the importance of the discussion of the overwhelming Welsh influence on the Llewellyn family? What does this mean to Hannah?
6. Why is Guy uncomfortable with accepting the money that Jarvis sent him?
7. What does the ending Act 1, Scene 6 tell you about how Guy is feeling about himself now?
8. What does the description of Dafydd's home tell you about his family?
9. What is your impression of the way Act 1, Scene 1 ends? What do you think it means for the rest of the play?
10. What does Ian's confession to Dafydd about Hannah and Guy tell you about Ian's motivations?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)