|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of names do Dafydd's daughters have?
2. How is Bridget introduced in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) As the bartender's daughter.
(b) As Jarvis's mistress.
(c) As the bar's owner.
(d) As Dafydd's best actress.
3. What does Ian invite Guy to do on Friday night?
(a) To join him and Fay in a bit of fun.
(b) To join him and Fay in a trip to the country.
(c) To join him and Fay at a football game.
(d) To join him and Fay in a night of drinking.
4. Which scene is being performed by the actors in the beginning of the play?
(a) The final scene.
(b) The prologue.
(c) The second scene.
(d) The epilogue.
5. How does Dafydd describe the owner of the bar?
(a) A meek and mild man in his sixties.
(b) A broken down drunk.
(c) A cantankerous old chap.
(d) A sweet old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Guy say his wife is?
2. Who flirts with Guy at the bar?
3. What kind of accent does Guy use to practice his only line as his initial character?
4. What is the song about that the person sitting at the piano in the bar is singing?
5. How does Hannah congratulate Guy on his promotion to a new character?
Short Essay Questions
1. Guy and Hannah share a kiss in an area where anyone from the cast could see them, and Dafydd has just left the room. What does their recklessness say about them?
2. What is the importance of the Welsh song to Dafydd? Do you think that attempting to sing that song endeared Guy to Dafydd or alienated him? Why?
3. Newly entrenched in the lead role as MacHeath, Guy sings a song at the end of Act 2, Scene 2. What is the importance of the song?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, we are introduced to our first love triangle. Describe these relationships.
5. Do you think that Guy is as innocent as he is portrayed, or do you think it is a creatively crafted act?
6. Act 1, Scene 1 includes a fairly overt use of foreshadowing. What do you think might be foreshadowed by the events taking place in this scene?
7. The women of the cast have an obvious interest in Guy. How does this interest help to sharpen Guy's character for the reader?
8. Why is Guy uncomfortable with accepting the money that Jarvis sent him?
9. What is symbolic about the women of the cast turning to face Guy instead of doing as Dafydd instructs and turning to face Crispin?
10. What is your impression of the way Act 1, Scene 1 ends? What do you think it means for the rest of the play?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)