|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guy try to talk to Dafydd about after Dafydd's outburst at Ted?
(b) How to play the part of Crook Finger'd Jack.
(d) His salary.
2. What do Crispin and Bridget do after Bridget closes the bar?
(a) Kiss passionately.
(b) Jell-O shots.
(c) Leave separately.
(d) Sit down and talk.
3. What is an example of "Linda trouble" given in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She drove the car into a ditch.
(b) She broke all of the windows.
(c) She painted graffiti on her parents' house.
(d) She set Enid's clothing on fire.
4. What character does Dafydd choose for Guy to play while they are at Dafydd's house?
(a) Matt the Mint.
(d) Crook Finger'd Jack.
5. What does Hannah say about Guy when Dafydd tells her what character he has chosen for Guy?
(a) That Guy is too big to play that character.
(b) That Guy is too masculine to play that character.
(c) That Guy is too quiet to play that character.
(d) That Guy is too handsome to play that character.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ringing of the bell in the bar signify?
2. What kind of names do Dafydd's daughters have?
3. What is Dafydd's reaction to his own performance during Guy's audition?
4. What is the name of the play being performed by the characters of A Chorus of Disapproval?
5. What adjective(s) is used to describe Guy's personality?
Short Essay Questions
1. The women of the cast have an obvious interest in Guy. How does this interest help to sharpen Guy's character for the reader?
2. Guy was married, but he still seems quite naive when it comes to sexual innuendos. Give an example of his naiveté as it relates Act 1, Scene 6.
3. What is satire? What does it add to a script? How is it used in the play The Beggar's Opera?
4. What are the perceived dynamics between Enid, Ted and Linda?
5. What is the importance of the Welsh song to Dafydd? Do you think that attempting to sing that song endeared Guy to Dafydd or alienated him? Why?
6. Why do you think Ian invites Guy to a night out with him and Fay? Do you think he's simply being friendly, or do you think he might have ulterior motives? Why?
7. What is the importance of the second song from The Beggar's Opera in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. Compare/contrast Dafydd and Guy. What do you think is the importance of this relationship to the play?
9. Again, we see an example of Guy's innocence. Though Rebecca nearly outright confesses to starting the BLM rumor, Guy is still puzzled about who would have done so and why. How does Rebecca describe the possible events leading up to the rumor?
10. What is the importance of the song from The Beggar's Opera in Act 1, Scene 3? What does it add to the scene?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)