|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannah say is the only thing in her house that doesn't fit into the family "theme"?
(a) The family Bible.
(c) The car.
(d) The family dog.
2. What does Guy try to talk to Dafydd about after Dafydd's outburst at Ted?
(b) His salary.
(d) How to play the part of Crook Finger'd Jack.
3. Who gets into a physical confrontation in the bar?
(a) Mr. Ames and Jarvis.
(b) Dafydd and Ted.
(c) Crispin and Guy.
(d) Crispin and Bridget.
4. Why does Hannah run out of the room when Dafydd brings Guy to his home?
(a) She is embarrassed about the condition of her home.
(b) Her children frighten her.
(c) She forgot about an appointment she had.
(d) Her face is covered in night cream.
5. What is the first thing learned about the protagonist in the play being performed?
(a) He is a pirate.
(b) He is the play's hero.
(c) He is married to one woman and engaged to another.
(d) He comes from a broken home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Guy work?
2. What does the person who interrupts Guy's conversation with the woman at the bar say about Guy?
3. What character does Dafydd choose for Guy to play while they are at Dafydd's house?
4. Who flirts with Guy at the bar?
5. What does Dafydd suggest Guy should do be more like his initial character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the missing underwear?
2. Act 1, Scene 1 includes a fairly overt use of foreshadowing. What do you think might be foreshadowed by the events taking place in this scene?
3. What does the short introduction of Crispin tell you about him?
4. The BLM deal is again mentioned Act 1, Scene 6, almost as a sidebar. What purpose do you think it serves in this instance?
5. What does the ending Act 1, Scene 6 tell you about how Guy is feeling about himself now?
6. What does Act 1, Scene 4 tell you about Dafydd's character? Does him seem self absorbed and boorish or simply clueless? Why?
7. Do you think that Guy is as innocent as he is portrayed, or do you think it is a creatively crafted act?
8. What is your impression of the way Act 1, Scene 1 ends? What do you think it means for the rest of the play?
9. What is the reader's first impression of Guy? What do we learn of him from the author? What do we learn of him from his actions? What do we learn of him from his interactions with other characters?
10. Why is Guy uncomfortable with accepting the money that Jarvis sent him?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)