|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After watching his audition, how do the women of the company describe Guy?
(a) Masculine, manly.
(b) Strong and handsome.
(c) Meek and weak.
(d) Quiet and shy.
2. What does Dafydd suggest Guy should do be more like his initial character?
(a) Wear looser clothing.
(b) Wear an eye patch.
(c) Be more aggressive.
(d) Practice walking.
3. After Guy's audition, the cast members agree that Guy should play what character?
(b) Crook Finger'd Jack.
(d) Matt the Mint.
4. What happens to Guy at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He leaves quietly, without emotion.
(b) He congratulates his fellow actors.
(c) He collapses in agony.
(d) He has a memory of his first time on stage.
5. Who interrupts the conversation between Guy and the woman flirting with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who interrupts Guy's conversation with the woman at the bar say about Guy?
2. What is the name of the protagonist's wife in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does the ringing of the bell in the bar signify?
4. What does Hannah say about Guy when Dafydd tells her what character he has chosen for Guy?
5. Who is Hannah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the significance of Fay and Ian's lifestyle.
2. What is the comedic action taking place in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is the importance of tension to a play? What does it create, and what does it set up?
4. What is the importance of the discussion of the overwhelming Welsh influence on the Llewellyn family? What does this mean to Hannah?
5. Describe your first impression of Dafydd. What does his personality tell you about him? Does he strike you as a person capable of forming lasting relationships?
6. Guy was married, but he still seems quite naive when it comes to sexual innuendos. Give an example of his naiveté as it relates Act 1, Scene 6.
7. What is the symbolism of the missing underwear?
8. Does Fay seem to have a genuine emotional attachment to Guy, or do you think everything she does is for what she can get out of it?
9. Why is Guy uncomfortable with accepting the money that Jarvis sent him?
10. The BLM deal is again mentioned Act 1, Scene 6, almost as a sidebar. What purpose do you think it serves in this instance?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)