|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ian says that Dafydd directed a "really awful production" of what musical?
(b) Guys and Dolls.
(c) Sound of Music.
2. When was the play being performed written?
3. Who are Linda's parents?
(a) Guy and Fay.
(b) Rebecca and Dafydd.
(c) Crispin and Bridget.
(d) Enid and Ted.
4. What character does Dafydd choose for Guy to play while they are at Dafydd's house?
(c) Matt the Mint.
(d) Crook Finger'd Jack.
5. What is the mood between Hannah and Guy after they first meet and talk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Linda's boyfriend?
2. Who reads the opening speech during the first rehearsal of The Beggar's Opera?
3. Who flirts with Guy at the bar?
4. Why does Ted have to leave rehearsal?
5. From where did Guy come to look for the director?
Short Essay Questions
1. Rebecca makes a request of Guy. What does her request involve?
2. Why is the Daddy doll used as a stand-in for Dafydd when he is gone? What does this tell you about Dafydd's relationship with his daughters?
3. Compare/contrast Dafydd and Guy. What do you think is the importance of this relationship to the play?
4. Describe your first impression of Dafydd. What does his personality tell you about him? Does he strike you as a person capable of forming lasting relationships?
5. Do you think Guy's ulterior motive in joining the company was to become involved with one of the women in the play? Why?
6. What is your impression of the way Act 1, Scene 1 ends? What do you think it means for the rest of the play?
7. What is symbolic about Dafydd's mad dash to set up the lights even while his wife is breaking up with her boyfriend in plain sight?
8. What impression does the reader get of Hannah? Does she seem happy? Why or why not?
9. What is the importance of the first song sung from The Beggar's Opera in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What is the importance of the song from The Beggar's Opera in Act 1, Scene 3? What does it add to the scene?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)