|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business does Guy's company perform?
(b) Criminal investigation.
2. Who is the author of the play being performed?
(a) Randall Brackett.
(b) John Gay.
(c) Michael Rashlet.
(d) Diana Sweet.
3. What does the director do after the curtain has fallen in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Claps his hands in elation.
(b) Tells everyone to go home.
(c) Calls the cast back to the stage.
(d) Makes a speech.
4. What does Hannah bring to Guy while he is practicing his craft?
(a) A chair.
(b) A love letter.
5. After watching his audition, how do the women of the company describe Guy?
(a) Masculine, manly.
(b) Quiet and shy.
(c) Meek and weak.
(d) Strong and handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing learned about the protagonist in the play being performed?
2. How is Bridget introduced in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is Dafydd drinking at the bar?
4. Which scene is being performed by the actors in the beginning of the play?
5. How does Hannah congratulate Guy on his promotion to a new character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the first song sung from The Beggar's Opera in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What impression does the reader get of Hannah? Does she seem happy? Why or why not?
3. What is the comedic action taking place in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Ambition now seems to be one of Guy's driving forces after success with women and his acting. Cite examples of his ambition in his sexual conquests as well as his roles in the play.
5. What is the importance, if any, of Guy being invited to join the rest of the cast at the bar?
6. What does Act 1, Scene 4 tell you about Dafydd's character? Does him seem self absorbed and boorish or simply clueless? Why?
7. What are the perceived dynamics between Enid, Ted and Linda?
8. Describe your first impression of Dafydd. What does his personality tell you about him? Does he strike you as a person capable of forming lasting relationships?
9. Does Fay seem to have a genuine emotional attachment to Guy, or do you think everything she does is for what she can get out of it?
10. What is the significance of the song Crispin sings in Act 2, Scene 2 while Linda and Bridget are fighting?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)