|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What or who is the subject of the song Guy sings at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
(b) The glories of going to war.
(c) The beauty of a peaceful evening.
(d) The benefits of a good party.
2. What kind of song does Guy sing at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) A rock song.
(b) A drinking song.
(c) A love song.
(d) A lullaby.
3. Why does Hannah think that Guy says that he loves her?
(a) Because he promised to run away with her.
(b) Because she loves him.
(c) Because she is his soul mate.
(d) Because she does his laundry and mending.
4. What hangs on the walls of Ian and Fay's living room?
(a) Velvet Elvis paintings.
(b) Kids' artwork.
(c) Erotic paintings.
(d) Tiny bits of paper with love notes written on them.
5. About whom does Dafydd complain to Guy in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Jarvis and Rebecca.
(c) Crispin and Linda.
6. What does Dafydd do after he shakes the cast member?
(a) He orders the cast to begin again.
(b) He catches himself and apologizes.
(c) He shoves that person roughly.
(d) He has a tantrum.
7. When Guy arrives at Fay and Ian's house, what is Fay armed with?
(a) A large platter of appetizers.
(b) Exotic cocktails.
(c) A drink menu.
(d) A sawed-off shotgun.
8. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, who is rehearsing?
(a) Ian and Bridget.
(b) Guy and Ted.
(c) Hannah, Linda, and Crispin.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
9. What do the women do in response to Dafydd's stage direction in the scene between Crispin and Guy?
(a) They leave the stage.
(b) They begin singing again.
(c) The turn to face Crispin.
(d) They turn to face Guy.
10. When Fay leaves the room during the party with Ian and Guy, what does she take with her?
(a) Guy's briefcase.
(c) Ian's drink.
(d) Her coat.
11. What does Crispin's character, MacHeath, say the joys of being with a woman can do?
(a) Dissolve a man's depression.
(b) Make the real world go away.
(c) Drive a man to insanity.
(d) Help a man escape reality.
12. What is the subject of the small talk between Guy and Fay when Guy first arrives at their house?
(b) The play.
13. What does Crispin do to Dafydd after threatening Dafydd with violence?
(a) Throws a script at him.
(b) Jumps off of the stage and takes a swing at him.
(c) Offers to take him outside and show him violence.
(d) Knees him in the groin.
14. Who has dropped out of the production, enabling Guy to be promoted once again?
15. In Act 2, Scene 1, the song Crispin is singing is about what?
(a) The harshness of prison.
(b) The consequences of greed.
(c) A woman's beauty.
(d) The glories of a victorious battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hannah say knows about the affair between her and Guy?
2. What does Rebecca say she wants from Guy?
3. What does Bridget do when rehearsal breaks?
4. Why does Hannah say that it is good Dafydd hasn't found out about her and Guy?
5. What has Guy received because of his conversation with Jarvis about Jarvis's land?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)