|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fay doing as she sits at the table at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Rebecca say she wants from Guy?
(a) A favor.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A ride.
(d) A loan.
3. To whom is Jarvis married?
4. What happens when Bridget laughs at Linda while Linda is rehearsing with Crispin?
(a) Crispin tells Bridget to shut up.
(b) Linda takes a swing at Bridget but misses.
(c) Linda grabs Bridget by the hair, and a fight ensues.
(d) Linda runs off stage, weeping.
5. What did Jarvis promise he would do for Guy after their discussion about his land?
(a) Teach him.
(b) Look after him.
(c) Go over his lines with him.
(d) Protect him.
6. As Ian answers the door, where does Fay lead Guy?
(a) Into the garage.
(b) Into the bedroom.
(c) Into the kitchen.
(d) Into the closet.
7. As Ian is waiting for Guy's friend to finish, Guy comes out dressed in what?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) A towel.
(c) The costume of Matt the Mint.
(d) A toga.
8. Who overhears part of the conversation between Jarvis and Guy when they are discussing Jarvis's land?
9. What hangs on the walls of Ian and Fay's living room?
(a) Tiny bits of paper with love notes written on them.
(b) Kids' artwork.
(c) Velvet Elvis paintings.
(d) Erotic paintings.
10. What does Dafydd tell the women to do at the end of the scene between Crispin and Guy?
(a) To redo the song.
(b) To push MacHeath (Crispin) off of the stage.
(c) To turn to MacHeath (Crispin).
(d) To leave and let him work with Guy and Crispin.
11. Why does Bridget prompt Linda?
(a) Bridget is trying to start a fight.
(b) Linda messes up her lines.
(c) Linda forgets her lines.
(d) Bridget wants to play Linda's character.
12. Dafydd talks to Guy about whom in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 7?
13. What does Guy do that requires the assistance of several of the women in the troupe?
(a) Change into his MacHeath costume.
(b) Contemplate his future.
(c) Look for Hannah.
(d) Sing about the finer things in life.
14. Fay tells Guy that anything goes except for what?
(b) Anything particularly degrading.
(c) Anything cruel or painful.
(d) Anything Ian has in mind.
15. Why does Hannah think that Guy says that he loves her?
(a) Because she loves him.
(b) Because she is his soul mate.
(c) Because he promised to run away with her.
(d) Because she does his laundry and mending.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ian and Fay have to do when Ian's mother visits?
2. What does Crispin do when rehearsal breaks after the scene between him and Guy?
3. What or who is the subject of the song Guy sings at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
4. Who has dropped out of the production, enabling Guy to be promoted once again?
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, who is rehearsing?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)