|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crispin do when rehearsal breaks after the scene between him and Guy?
(a) He begins talking to the new girl in the cast.
(b) He goes backstage for a costume change.
(c) He leaves with Linda.
(d) He leaves in a huff.
2. What did Jarvis promise he would do for Guy after their discussion about his land?
(a) Go over his lines with him.
(b) Look after him.
(c) Teach him.
(d) Protect him.
3. What does Guy do that requires the assistance of several of the women in the troupe?
(a) Contemplate his future.
(b) Look for Hannah.
(c) Sing about the finer things in life.
(d) Change into his MacHeath costume.
4. What is the song about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The dangers of smoking.
(b) The joys of youth.
(c) The temptation of illicit love.
(d) The dog, cat, and rat.
5. What is happening at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) A fight between Enid and Tom.
(b) Another rehearsal of The Beggar's Opera.
(c) Another night at the bar.
(d) Guy is practicing his lines by himself.
6. Who sings the song at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) Hannah and Guy.
7. Who does Hannah say knows about the affair between her and Guy?
(a) No one.
(b) Bridget, Fay, and Linda.
(c) Everyone except Dafydd.
(d) Crispin, Ian, and Dafydd.
8. What is one thing about which Hannah complains to Guy as they discuss their relationship?
(a) He doesn't have the guts to marry her.
(b) He doesn't spend enough time with her.
(c) He doesn't give her any money to spend.
(d) Having to meet in secrecy.
9. What kind of song does Guy sing at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) A love song.
(b) A drinking song.
(c) A lullaby.
(d) A rock song.
10. How long is the rehearsal break Dafydd orders after the scene between Crispin and Guy?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) A half hour.
(d) Twenty minutes.
11. What does Crispin do to Dafydd after threatening Dafydd with violence?
(a) Offers to take him outside and show him violence.
(b) Knees him in the groin.
(c) Throws a script at him.
(d) Jumps off of the stage and takes a swing at him.
12. Why does Hannah say that it is good Dafydd hasn't found out about her and Guy?
(a) Because Dafydd would take the children and leave.
(b) Because Dafydd would divorce her.
(c) Because Dafydd would throw Guy out of the play.
(d) Because Dafydd has a vicious temper.
13. What does Dafydd do during the performance of the song in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) Sits silently.
(b) Throws a temper tantrum.
(c) Sings along.
(d) Shouts out directions.
14. Who owns the land that BLM supposedly wants?
15. Who remains with Guy at the end of Act 1, Scene 7?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dafydd talks to Guy about whom in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 7?
2. What does the author say Fay and Ian are hooked on?
3. What does Dafydd do in response to Crispin's threats?
4. Who performs the song in Act 1, Scene 7?
5. When Guy arrives at Fay and Ian's house, what is Fay armed with?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)