|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hannah says her daughters have now begun to call the Daddy doll by what name?
2. What or who is the subject of the song Guy sings at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) The beauty of a peaceful evening.
(b) The glories of going to war.
(c) The benefits of a good party.
3. Who overhears part of the conversation between Jarvis and Guy when they are discussing Jarvis's land?
4. What does Rebecca say she wants from Guy?
(a) A loan.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A favor.
(d) A ride.
5. In Act 1, Scene 7, what is the song about?
(a) Being carefree.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) The joys of youth.
6. Why does Hannah think that Guy says that he loves her?
(a) Because she loves him.
(b) Because he promised to run away with her.
(c) Because she does his laundry and mending.
(d) Because she is his soul mate.
7. What does Dafydd do during the performance of the song in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) Shouts out directions.
(b) Sings along.
(c) Sits silently.
(d) Throws a temper tantrum.
8. What is the song about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The dog, cat, and rat.
(b) The temptation of illicit love.
(c) The joys of youth.
(d) The dangers of smoking.
9. What does Dafydd tell the women to do at the end of the scene between Crispin and Guy?
(a) To push MacHeath (Crispin) off of the stage.
(b) To redo the song.
(c) To turn to MacHeath (Crispin).
(d) To leave and let him work with Guy and Crispin.
10. In Act 2, Scene 3, who is now playing the role of MacHeath?
11. To whom is Jarvis married?
12. What does Rebecca tell Guy he should remember about his role as MacHeath?
(a) That he is not a very good actor.
(b) That she can make sure he is unable to play the part.
(c) That he worked very hard for that part, and he should be proud.
(d) That she was the person who got him the part.
13. Why does Hannah say that it is good Dafydd hasn't found out about her and Guy?
(a) Because Dafydd would throw Guy out of the play.
(b) Because Dafydd has a vicious temper.
(c) Because Dafydd would divorce her.
(d) Because Dafydd would take the children and leave.
14. What is Fay doing as she sits at the table at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
15. What kind of song does Guy sing at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) A love song.
(b) A lullaby.
(c) A rock song.
(d) A drinking song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dafydd shake in frustration?
2. As Ian is waiting for Guy's friend to finish, Guy comes out dressed in what?
3. What does Guy do that requires the assistance of several of the women in the troupe?
4. Why does Bridget prompt Linda?
5. Who does Dafydd blame for the tension between Linda and Bridget?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)