|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reasoning does Fay give for Ian giving up his role in the play?
(a) To give Guy the bigger part so Guy will work the land deal for him.
(b) Because he was moving on to bigger and better things.
(c) Because he didn't like the part.
(d) Because he expected Guy to feel indebted to him.
2. Who does Dafydd shake in frustration?
3. Why does Hannah say that it is good Dafydd hasn't found out about her and Guy?
(a) Because Dafydd would divorce her.
(b) Because Dafydd has a vicious temper.
(c) Because Dafydd would take the children and leave.
(d) Because Dafydd would throw Guy out of the play.
4. What is Guy's response when Hannah asks him if he has found a pair of Dafydd's missing underwear?
(a) He admits that he is probably wearing them.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He denies having seen them.
(d) He asks Hannah what they look like.
5. What is the subject of the small talk between Guy and Fay when Guy first arrives at their house?
(c) The play.
6. What does Dafydd do during the performance of the song in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) Shouts out directions.
(b) Sings along.
(c) Sits silently.
(d) Throws a temper tantrum.
7. Who overhears part of the conversation between Jarvis and Guy when they are discussing Jarvis's land?
8. What is one thing about which Hannah complains to Guy as they discuss their relationship?
(a) Having to meet in secrecy.
(b) He doesn't spend enough time with her.
(c) He doesn't have the guts to marry her.
(d) He doesn't give her any money to spend.
9. Who is the only person who doesn't do what all of the other women do at the end of the song in Act 1, Scene 7?
10. When Fay leaves the room during the party with Ian and Guy, what does she take with her?
(a) Guy's briefcase.
(b) Ian's drink.
(d) Her coat.
11. What is in the bag that Fay gives to Guy?
(a) Dafydd's missing underwear.
(b) A pastry.
(c) Guy's underwear.
(d) A bottle of tequila.
12. What does Rebecca tell Guy he should remember about his role as MacHeath?
(a) That he worked very hard for that part, and he should be proud.
(b) That he is not a very good actor.
(c) That she was the person who got him the part.
(d) That she can make sure he is unable to play the part.
13. What does Ian ask Guy about when Fay leaves the room while awaiting Guy's friend's arrival?
(a) If Guy thinks Ian would make a good father.
(b) What Fay said about him.
(c) BLM's interest in the empty property.
(d) What Guy thinks is going to happen that night.
14. Who performs the song in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) Guy as Filch.
(b) Crispin as MacHeath.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) The women in the play.
15. What does Dafydd tell the women to do at the end of the scene between Crispin and Guy?
(a) To push MacHeath (Crispin) off of the stage.
(b) To turn to MacHeath (Crispin).
(c) To leave and let him work with Guy and Crispin.
(d) To redo the song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 7?
2. What hangs on the walls of Ian and Fay's living room?
3. What has Guy received because of his conversation with Jarvis about Jarvis's land?
4. What does Guy do that requires the assistance of several of the women in the troupe?
5. How long is the rehearsal break Dafydd orders after the scene between Crispin and Guy?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)