|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of song does Guy sing at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) A love song.
(b) A rock song.
(c) A lullaby.
(d) A drinking song.
2. About whom does Dafydd complain to Guy in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Crispin and Linda.
(c) Jarvis and Rebecca.
3. What is happening at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) Another night at the bar.
(b) Guy is practicing his lines by himself.
(c) A fight between Enid and Tom.
(d) Another rehearsal of The Beggar's Opera.
4. What does Ian ask Guy about when Fay leaves the room while awaiting Guy's friend's arrival?
(a) What Fay said about him.
(b) BLM's interest in the empty property.
(c) If Guy thinks Ian would make a good father.
(d) What Guy thinks is going to happen that night.
5. What did Jarvis promise he would do for Guy after their discussion about his land?
(a) Look after him.
(b) Protect him.
(c) Go over his lines with him.
(d) Teach him.
6. What or who is the subject of the song Guy sings at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) The beauty of a peaceful evening.
(b) The benefits of a good party.
(c) The glories of going to war.
7. What is Ian waiting for Guy's friend to do as he takes a huge gulp of his drink?
(b) Tidy up in the bathroom.
(c) Bring him a drink.
8. As Ian is waiting for Guy's friend to finish, Guy comes out dressed in what?
(a) A toga.
(b) A towel.
(c) A bathrobe.
(d) The costume of Matt the Mint.
9. To whom is Jarvis married?
10. What is Guy's response when Hannah asks him if he has found a pair of Dafydd's missing underwear?
(a) He asks Hannah what they look like.
(b) He admits that he is probably wearing them.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He denies having seen them.
11. Why does Hannah say that it is good Dafydd hasn't found out about her and Guy?
(a) Because Dafydd would divorce her.
(b) Because Dafydd would throw Guy out of the play.
(c) Because Dafydd would take the children and leave.
(d) Because Dafydd has a vicious temper.
12. Fay's conversation with Guy reveals what surprising information about his "date"?
(a) She lives in a retirement home.
(b) She is Bridget.
(c) She is Jarvis's ex-wife.
(d) She is obese.
13. Who does Dafydd blame for the tension between Linda and Bridget?
14. What does Crispin do when rehearsal breaks after the scene between him and Guy?
(a) He leaves with Linda.
(b) He goes backstage for a costume change.
(c) He leaves in a huff.
(d) He begins talking to the new girl in the cast.
15. When Guy arrives at Fay and Ian's house, what is Fay armed with?
(a) Exotic cocktails.
(b) A drink menu.
(c) A sawed-off shotgun.
(d) A large platter of appetizers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sings the song at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
2. Who has dropped out of the production, enabling Guy to be promoted once again?
3. What is Fay looking forward to seeing when Guy's friend arrives?
4. Whose idea is it to give Guy the new role he is offered after someone drops out of the production?
5. For whom is Rebecca waiting?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)