|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Guy arrives at Fay and Ian's house, what is Fay armed with?
(a) A drink menu.
(b) Exotic cocktails.
(c) A sawed-off shotgun.
(d) A large platter of appetizers.
2. How does Jarvis describe the sound of a pump engine?
(b) As a vanishing sound of England.
(d) Sweet music to a soldier's ears.
3. What or who is the subject of the song Guy sings at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
(b) The beauty of a peaceful evening.
(c) The benefits of a good party.
(d) The glories of going to war.
4. What does Bridget do when rehearsal breaks?
(a) She goes to the bar.
(b) She leaves with Crispin.
(c) She puts on the kettle for tea.
(d) She sits down on the edge of the stage and sobs.
5. What is one thing about which Hannah complains to Guy as they discuss their relationship?
(a) He doesn't give her any money to spend.
(b) He doesn't spend enough time with her.
(c) He doesn't have the guts to marry her.
(d) Having to meet in secrecy.
6. What is Fay doing as she sits at the table at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
7. What is Jarvis doing while the rehearsal is taking place in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Rehearsing his lines.
(b) Polishing his shoes.
(c) Eating lunch.
(d) Listening to a personal stereo.
8. What does Crispin do to Dafydd after threatening Dafydd with violence?
(a) Knees him in the groin.
(b) Jumps off of the stage and takes a swing at him.
(c) Offers to take him outside and show him violence.
(d) Throws a script at him.
9. What did Jarvis promise he would do for Guy after their discussion about his land?
(a) Teach him.
(b) Protect him.
(c) Go over his lines with him.
(d) Look after him.
10. Who remains with Guy at the end of Act 1, Scene 7?
(d) No one.
11. Why does Hannah think that Guy says that he loves her?
(a) Because she is his soul mate.
(b) Because he promised to run away with her.
(c) Because she loves him.
(d) Because she does his laundry and mending.
12. What has Guy received because of his conversation with Jarvis about Jarvis's land?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) A large sum of money.
(c) A splitting headache.
(d) A threat on his life.
13. When the doorbell rings, what does Fay tell Ian when she hands him another drink?
(a) To drink it quickly.
(b) That he might need it.
(c) To turn on some music.
(d) That it is extra strong.
14. To whom is Jarvis married?
15. What is Fay looking forward to seeing when Guy's friend arrives?
(a) The look on Guy's friend's face.
(b) Bridget's reaction.
(c) The look on Ian's face.
(d) Guy's reaction to Ian's reaction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sings the song at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is the song about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Who sings the song at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What hangs on the walls of Ian and Fay's living room?
5. Dafydd talks to Guy about whom in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 7?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)