|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the song about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The temptation of illicit love.
(b) The dog, cat, and rat.
(c) The dangers of smoking.
(d) The joys of youth.
2. Why does Hannah say that it is good Dafydd hasn't found out about her and Guy?
(a) Because Dafydd has a vicious temper.
(b) Because Dafydd would throw Guy out of the play.
(c) Because Dafydd would divorce her.
(d) Because Dafydd would take the children and leave.
3. What does Dafydd do during the performance of the song in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) Shouts out directions.
(b) Sits silently.
(c) Sings along.
(d) Throws a temper tantrum.
4. What does Rebecca say she wants from Guy?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A loan.
(c) A ride.
(d) A favor.
5. When the doorbell rings, what does Fay tell Ian when she hands him another drink?
(a) That it is extra strong.
(b) That he might need it.
(c) To turn on some music.
(d) To drink it quickly.
6. What has Guy received because of his conversation with Jarvis about Jarvis's land?
(a) A large sum of money.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) A splitting headache.
(d) A threat on his life.
7. What do Ian and Fay have to do when Ian's mother visits?
(a) Put plastic on the furniture.
(b) They make up the spare bedroom.
(c) Take down the paintings.
(d) They don't answer the door.
8. To whom is Jarvis married?
9. What is Jarvis doing while the rehearsal is taking place in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Eating lunch.
(b) Polishing his shoes.
(c) Listening to a personal stereo.
(d) Rehearsing his lines.
10. What does Crispin's character, MacHeath, say the joys of being with a woman can do?
(a) Make the real world go away.
(b) Drive a man to insanity.
(c) Help a man escape reality.
(d) Dissolve a man's depression.
11. Who does Dafydd shake in frustration?
12. How does Jarvis describe the sound of a pump engine?
(b) As a vanishing sound of England.
(c) Sweet music to a soldier's ears.
13. What is Fay looking forward to seeing when Guy's friend arrives?
(a) The look on Ian's face.
(b) Guy's reaction to Ian's reaction.
(c) Bridget's reaction.
(d) The look on Guy's friend's face.
14. What is in the bag that Fay gives to Guy?
(a) A bottle of tequila.
(b) Dafydd's missing underwear.
(c) Guy's underwear.
(d) A pastry.
15. What is Fay doing as she sits at the table at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has dropped out of the production, enabling Guy to be promoted once again?
2. Whose idea is it to give Guy the new role he is offered after someone drops out of the production?
3. What is the subject of Hannah's conversation with Guy about their relationship?
4. What hangs on the walls of Ian and Fay's living room?
5. When Guy arrives at Fay and Ian's house, what is Fay armed with?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)