|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of song does Guy sing at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) A rock song.
(b) A lullaby.
(c) A love song.
(d) A drinking song.
2. Who does Hannah say knows about the affair between her and Guy?
(a) Crispin, Ian, and Dafydd.
(b) Everyone except Dafydd.
(c) No one.
(d) Bridget, Fay, and Linda.
3. What or who is the subject of the song Guy sings at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) The beauty of a peaceful evening.
(b) The benefits of a good party.
(c) The glories of going to war.
4. How long is the rehearsal break Dafydd orders after the scene between Crispin and Guy?
(a) An hour.
(b) A half hour.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Twenty minutes.
5. What does Bridget do when rehearsal breaks?
(a) She sits down on the edge of the stage and sobs.
(b) She goes to the bar.
(c) She leaves with Crispin.
(d) She puts on the kettle for tea.
6. What happens when Bridget laughs at Linda while Linda is rehearsing with Crispin?
(a) Crispin tells Bridget to shut up.
(b) Linda runs off stage, weeping.
(c) Linda takes a swing at Bridget but misses.
(d) Linda grabs Bridget by the hair, and a fight ensues.
7. In Act 2, Scene 1, the song Crispin is singing is about what?
(a) The consequences of greed.
(b) A woman's beauty.
(c) The glories of a victorious battle.
(d) The harshness of prison.
8. What happens when the contents of Fay's bag are revealed to Hannah and Guy?
(a) Guy takes the object and sticks it in his pocket.
(b) The three of them split it amicably.
(c) Hannah and Fay fight over it.
(d) Everyone is speechless.
9. What did Jarvis promise he would do for Guy after their discussion about his land?
(a) Look after him.
(b) Go over his lines with him.
(c) Teach him.
(d) Protect him.
10. Where is Rebecca waiting for her meeting?
(b) Her back garden.
(c) At the bar.
(d) At a cafe.
11. Who sings the song at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
12. Who has dropped out of the production, enabling Guy to be promoted once again?
13. What does Dafydd do during the performance of the song in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) Sits silently.
(b) Shouts out directions.
(c) Sings along.
(d) Throws a temper tantrum.
14. What reasoning does Fay give for Ian giving up his role in the play?
(a) Because he expected Guy to feel indebted to him.
(b) To give Guy the bigger part so Guy will work the land deal for him.
(c) Because he was moving on to bigger and better things.
(d) Because he didn't like the part.
15. What does Ian ask Guy about when Fay leaves the room while awaiting Guy's friend's arrival?
(a) BLM's interest in the empty property.
(b) What Guy thinks is going to happen that night.
(c) If Guy thinks Ian would make a good father.
(d) What Fay said about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, who is rehearsing?
2. What do the women do in response to Dafydd's stage direction in the scene between Crispin and Guy?
3. What hangs on the walls of Ian and Fay's living room?
4. After Fay's comment about the acceptable forms of "play," what is Guy's response?
5. About whom does Dafydd complain to Guy in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)