|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hannah think that Guy says that he loves her?
(a) Because she is his soul mate.
(b) Because he promised to run away with her.
(c) Because she does his laundry and mending.
(d) Because she loves him.
2. Where is Rebecca waiting for her meeting?
(b) At the bar.
(c) At a cafe.
(d) Her back garden.
3. What does Crispin do to Dafydd after threatening Dafydd with violence?
(a) Throws a script at him.
(b) Jumps off of the stage and takes a swing at him.
(c) Knees him in the groin.
(d) Offers to take him outside and show him violence.
4. About whom does Dafydd complain to Guy in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Crispin and Linda.
(b) Jarvis and Rebecca.
5. What reasoning does Fay give for Ian giving up his role in the play?
(a) To give Guy the bigger part so Guy will work the land deal for him.
(b) Because he didn't like the part.
(c) Because he was moving on to bigger and better things.
(d) Because he expected Guy to feel indebted to him.
6. When Fay leaves the room during the party with Ian and Guy, what does she take with her?
(a) Her coat.
(c) Ian's drink.
(d) Guy's briefcase.
7. Why does Hannah say that it is good Dafydd hasn't found out about her and Guy?
(a) Because Dafydd would throw Guy out of the play.
(b) Because Dafydd would take the children and leave.
(c) Because Dafydd would divorce her.
(d) Because Dafydd has a vicious temper.
8. Who does Dafydd shake in frustration?
9. Who does Hannah say knows about the affair between her and Guy?
(a) No one.
(b) Crispin, Ian, and Dafydd.
(c) Everyone except Dafydd.
(d) Bridget, Fay, and Linda.
10. What is the song about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The temptation of illicit love.
(b) The dog, cat, and rat.
(c) The dangers of smoking.
(d) The joys of youth.
11. What does Dafydd do in response to Crispin's threats?
(a) Babbles incoherently.
(b) Accepts the challenge.
(c) Hides behind Jarvis.
(d) Runs away.
12. Who has dropped out of the production, enabling Guy to be promoted once again?
13. What is the subject of the small talk between Guy and Fay when Guy first arrives at their house?
(a) The play.
14. What is happening at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) A fight between Enid and Tom.
(b) Another night at the bar.
(c) Another rehearsal of The Beggar's Opera.
(d) Guy is practicing his lines by himself.
15. What does Crispin's character, MacHeath, say the joys of being with a woman can do?
(a) Dissolve a man's depression.
(b) Drive a man to insanity.
(c) Help a man escape reality.
(d) Make the real world go away.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Ian is waiting for Guy's friend to finish, Guy comes out dressed in what?
2. Dafydd talks to Guy about whom in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 7?
3. Who remains with Guy at the end of Act 1, Scene 7?
4. Where are Hannah and Guy holding their conversation about their relationship?
5. What does Fay realize about Guy's lady friend who was to accompany him?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)