|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fay tells Guy that anything goes except for what?
(a) Anything cruel or painful.
(b) Anything Ian has in mind.
(c) Anything particularly degrading.
2. When Fay shows up while Hannah and Guy discuss their relationship, what is she carrying?
(a) A faux mink.
(b) Several shopping bags.
(c) A piece of furniture.
(d) Her purse.
3. What does Rebecca say she wants from Guy?
(a) A ride.
(b) A loan.
(c) A favor.
(d) A kiss.
4. What is Fay looking forward to seeing when Guy's friend arrives?
(a) The look on Guy's friend's face.
(b) Bridget's reaction.
(c) The look on Ian's face.
(d) Guy's reaction to Ian's reaction.
5. What does Dafydd do during the performance of the song in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) Shouts out directions.
(b) Sings along.
(c) Sits silently.
(d) Throws a temper tantrum.
6. After Fay's comment about the acceptable forms of "play," what is Guy's response?
(a) He sits down and begins to cry.
(b) He begins to talk about veal.
(c) He storms out of the room.
(d) He looks shocked and hurt.
7. What does Bridget do when rehearsal breaks?
(a) She goes to the bar.
(b) She puts on the kettle for tea.
(c) She leaves with Crispin.
(d) She sits down on the edge of the stage and sobs.
8. What is happening at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) Another rehearsal of The Beggar's Opera.
(b) Guy is practicing his lines by himself.
(c) Another night at the bar.
(d) A fight between Enid and Tom.
9. What has Guy received because of his conversation with Jarvis about Jarvis's land?
(a) A large sum of money.
(b) A splitting headache.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) A threat on his life.
10. In Act 2, Scene 1, the song Crispin is singing is about what?
(a) The harshness of prison.
(b) The consequences of greed.
(c) The glories of a victorious battle.
(d) A woman's beauty.
11. To whom is Jarvis married?
12. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, who is rehearsing?
(a) Hannah, Linda, and Crispin.
(b) Ian and Bridget.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) Guy and Ted.
13. Whose idea is it to give Guy the new role he is offered after someone drops out of the production?
14. Who remains with Guy at the end of Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) No one.
15. Who has dropped out of the production, enabling Guy to be promoted once again?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Ian answers the door, where does Fay lead Guy?
2. What or who is the subject of the song Guy sings at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
3. What does Fay say might happen if Guy doesn't come through for her and Ian on the land deal?
4. What does Dafydd tell the women to do at the end of the scene between Crispin and Guy?
5. In Act 2, Scene 3, who is now playing the role of MacHeath?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)