|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Jarvis married?
2. What does Rebecca tell Guy he should remember about his role as MacHeath?
(a) That he is not a very good actor.
(b) That he worked very hard for that part, and he should be proud.
(c) That she was the person who got him the part.
(d) That she can make sure he is unable to play the part.
3. Who overhears part of the conversation between Jarvis and Guy when they are discussing Jarvis's land?
4. Who sings the song at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What reasoning does Fay give for Ian giving up his role in the play?
(a) To give Guy the bigger part so Guy will work the land deal for him.
(b) Because he didn't like the part.
(c) Because he expected Guy to feel indebted to him.
(d) Because he was moving on to bigger and better things.
6. What is happening at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) Another rehearsal of The Beggar's Opera.
(b) Guy is practicing his lines by himself.
(c) A fight between Enid and Tom.
(d) Another night at the bar.
7. Who is the only person who doesn't do what all of the other women do at the end of the song in Act 1, Scene 7?
8. Dafydd talks to Guy about whom in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 7?
9. What does Guy do that requires the assistance of several of the women in the troupe?
(a) Look for Hannah.
(b) Sing about the finer things in life.
(c) Contemplate his future.
(d) Change into his MacHeath costume.
10. What is the subject of the small talk between Guy and Fay when Guy first arrives at their house?
(d) The play.
11. What is Jarvis doing while the rehearsal is taking place in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Eating lunch.
(b) Polishing his shoes.
(c) Listening to a personal stereo.
(d) Rehearsing his lines.
12. What does Fay say might happen if Guy doesn't come through for her and Ian on the land deal?
(a) Things could get nasty.
(b) Guy might have an accident.
(c) She will stop sleeping with him.
(d) Ian might demand his role back.
13. Fay's conversation with Guy reveals what surprising information about his "date"?
(a) She lives in a retirement home.
(b) She is Bridget.
(c) She is obese.
(d) She is Jarvis's ex-wife.
14. What does Dafydd do in response to Crispin's threats?
(a) Babbles incoherently.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Hides behind Jarvis.
(d) Accepts the challenge.
15. Hannah says her daughters have now begun to call the Daddy doll by what name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rebecca waiting for her meeting?
2. What does Crispin do when rehearsal breaks after the scene between him and Guy?
3. For whom is Rebecca waiting?
4. What does Dafydd do during the performance of the song in Act 1, Scene 7?
5. What does Fay realize about Guy's lady friend who was to accompany him?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)