|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crispin do when rehearsal breaks after the scene between him and Guy?
(a) He leaves with Linda.
(b) He goes backstage for a costume change.
(c) He begins talking to the new girl in the cast.
(d) He leaves in a huff.
2. Who does Dafydd blame for the tension between Linda and Bridget?
3. Where are Hannah and Guy holding their conversation about their relationship?
(a) A roller derby rink.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A hotel room.
4. What is Fay looking forward to seeing when Guy's friend arrives?
(a) Bridget's reaction.
(b) The look on Ian's face.
(c) Guy's reaction to Ian's reaction.
(d) The look on Guy's friend's face.
5. Dafydd talks to Guy about whom in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 7?
6. What hangs on the walls of Ian and Fay's living room?
(a) Erotic paintings.
(b) Tiny bits of paper with love notes written on them.
(c) Velvet Elvis paintings.
(d) Kids' artwork.
7. What does Fay realize about Guy's lady friend who was to accompany him?
(a) She is late.
(b) She is not coming.
(c) She is a former model.
(d) She was a very good friend of Guy's deceased wife.
8. What does Crispin's character, MacHeath, say the joys of being with a woman can do?
(a) Dissolve a man's depression.
(b) Help a man escape reality.
(c) Drive a man to insanity.
(d) Make the real world go away.
9. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, who is rehearsing?
(a) Hannah, Linda, and Crispin.
(b) Guy and Ted.
(c) Ian and Bridget.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
10. What is the subject of the small talk between Guy and Fay when Guy first arrives at their house?
(c) The play.
11. Who does Dafydd shake in frustration?
12. How does Jarvis describe the sound of a pump engine?
(a) As a vanishing sound of England.
(b) Sweet music to a soldier's ears.
13. About whom does Dafydd complain to Guy in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Jarvis and Rebecca.
(c) Crispin and Linda.
14. Why does Bridget prompt Linda?
(a) Bridget wants to play Linda's character.
(b) Linda messes up her lines.
(c) Bridget is trying to start a fight.
(d) Linda forgets her lines.
15. Who performs the song in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) The women in the play.
(b) Guy as Filch.
(c) Crispin as MacHeath.
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fay say might happen if Guy doesn't come through for her and Ian on the land deal?
2. What reasoning does Fay give for Ian giving up his role in the play?
3. What does Dafydd do in response to Crispin's threats?
4. What does Dafydd tell the women to do at the end of the scene between Crispin and Guy?
5. What does Guy tell Jarvis about Jarvis's land?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)