|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Guy say his wife is?
(d) At home.
2. Who interrupts the conversation between Guy and the woman flirting with him?
3. When was the play being performed written?
4. What does the director do after the curtain has fallen in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Calls the cast back to the stage.
(b) Makes a speech.
(c) Tells everyone to go home.
(d) Claps his hands in elation.
5. What do Enid and Hannah do in response to Dafydd's actions when he loses his temper completely in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Reprimand Dafydd and go after Ted.
(b) Laugh uncontrollably.
(c) Scream obscenities.
6. In Act 1, Scene 5, why is Dafydd frustrated?
(a) The rehearsals are 10 days behind schedule.
(b) The troupe is drunk.
(c) His wife won't stop talking.
(d) Guy is late for practice.
7. Why is Guy surprised after he finishes his audition?
(a) He did better than he thought he would.
(b) He didn't know anyone was listening.
(c) He thought the song was longer.
(d) He thought the room was empty.
8. What is Dafydd drinking at the bar?
(b) A beer.
(c) A gin and tonic.
(d) A mixed drink.
9. What does Hannah bring to Guy while he is practicing his craft?
(b) A love letter.
(d) A chair.
10. What does Dafydd suggest Guy should do be more like his initial character?
(a) Wear looser clothing.
(b) Wear an eye patch.
(c) Practice walking.
(d) Be more aggressive.
11. Who are Linda's parents?
(a) Rebecca and Dafydd.
(b) Enid and Ted.
(c) Crispin and Bridget.
(d) Guy and Fay.
12. Why does Hannah say she can't go to bed?
(a) She can't sleep and needs warm milk.
(b) Her children are keeping her awake.
(c) She wants to read a book next to the fire.
(d) She is uncomfortable with someone in her house.
13. What is the occupation of the protagonist in the play being performed by the troupe?
(d) Petty thief.
14. From where did Guy come to look for the director?
(a) The pit.
(b) The rehearsal area.
(d) His home.
15. What does Guy do while waiting for the director to arrive?
(a) Plays the piano and tries to sing.
(b) Sits quietly and stares forlornly at the piano.
(c) Plays the piano and hums the tune.
(d) Plays the piano and belts out the chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Linda's reply in when Dafydd asks where Crispin is?
2. After Guy's audition, who offers suggestions on how to improve the play?
3. Ian says that Dafydd directed a "really awful production" of what musical?
4. What does Ian invite Guy to do on Friday night?
5. What is the name of the troupe performing the play?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)