|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Guy's audition, the cast members agree that Guy should play what character?
(c) Crook Finger'd Jack.
(d) Matt the Mint.
2. Where does Guy say his wife is?
(c) At home.
3. How is Bridget introduced in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) As the bartender's daughter.
(b) As Jarvis's mistress.
(c) As the bar's owner.
(d) As Dafydd's best actress.
4. What did Jarvis say he was forced to do when he didn't practice his craft?
(a) Find a new job.
(b) Buy a round of drinks for his co-workers.
(c) Eat a pile of sawdust.
(d) Take a lesser role.
5. What was the fate of the play's main character as explained in the beginning of the book?
(a) He was raised as a pirate's first mate.
(b) She was abused as a child and became an abuser herself.
(c) He was condemned to death and later reprieved.
(d) She was sent to an orphanage but worked her way up.
6. When Ian invites Guy to join him and Fay, what does he tell Guy to bring?
(a) A picnic basket.
(b) His own bottle of liquor.
(c) A cooler full of beer.
(d) A female friend.
7. What bad news does Dafydd announce toward the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) The man playing Matt the Mint has dropped out.
(b) Linda has physically assaulted Bridget.
(c) The orchestra cannot possibly be ready by opening day.
(d) Crispin has disappeared.
8. What does Dafydd suggest Guy should do be more like his initial character?
(a) Practice walking.
(b) Wear an eye patch.
(c) Be more aggressive.
(d) Wear looser clothing.
9. Who reads the opening speech during the first rehearsal of The Beggar's Opera?
(c) Mr. Ames.
10. What happens to Guy at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He congratulates his fellow actors.
(b) He has a memory of his first time on stage.
(c) He leaves quietly, without emotion.
(d) He collapses in agony.
11. Ian says that Dafydd directed a "really awful production" of what musical?
(b) Sound of Music.
(d) Guys and Dolls.
12. What is the mood between Hannah and Guy after they first meet and talk?
13. What is Linda's reply in when Dafydd asks where Crispin is?
(a) She says that she doesn't know.
(b) She gives Dafydd a dirty look and leaves the theater.
(c) She says that he should arrive any minute.
(d) She tells Dafydd to ask Bridget.
14. What do the changing lights indicate at the end of the performance?
(a) That it is last call.
(b) The curtain has fallen for the final time.
(c) That there will be an encore.
(d) That it is intermission.
15. What beverage does most of the cast drink?
(b) Gin and tonic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the character that plays the protagonist in the play being performed in the beginning of the story?
2. What is the song about that the person sitting at the piano in the bar is singing?
3. Why does Hannah run out of the room when Dafydd brings Guy to his home?
4. What is Guy planning to sing for his audition?
5. What does Hannah do while the men are discussing Guy's character?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)