|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the play being performed?
(a) Michael Rashlet.
(b) Randall Brackett.
(c) John Gay.
(d) Diana Sweet.
2. In Act 1, Scene 5, why is Dafydd frustrated?
(a) His wife won't stop talking.
(b) Guy is late for practice.
(c) The troupe is drunk.
(d) The rehearsals are 10 days behind schedule.
3. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Dafydd do when he finally loses his temper completely?
(a) Leaves the theater.
(b) Cancels the rehearsal.
(c) Destroys Ted's script.
(d) Stomps his foot and screams.
4. What is Guy planning to sing for his audition?
(a) "The Star Spangled Banner."
(b) A short Irish ditty.
(c) "Mary Had A Little Lamb."
(d) A popular Welsh song.
5. What does Dafydd suggest Guy should do be more like his initial character?
(a) Practice walking.
(b) Wear an eye patch.
(c) Wear looser clothing.
(d) Be more aggressive.
6. What is the name of the performance's director?
(a) Guy Jones.
(b) John Gay.
(c) Dafydd Llewellyn.
(d) Brian MacHeath.
7. When Guy is left alone on the stage in Act 1, Scene 5, what does he do?
(a) Daydreams of stardom.
(b) Sings a jolly off-color Welsh tune.
(c) Practices his one line.
(d) Begins to get anxious about opening day.
8. Dafydd says that everything in the Llewellyn house is ______________.
9. Why does Ted have to leave rehearsal?
(a) To attend a family function.
(b) To make dinner.
(c) To take care of his sick baby.
(d) To attend a dance at work.
10. What is said of Jarvis's age?
(a) His age is not mentioned.
(b) He is in his fifties.
(c) He is in his forties.
(d) His age hangs on him like an old coat.
11. What is the mood between Hannah and Guy after they first meet and talk?
12. Why is Guy surprised after he finishes his audition?
(a) He thought the room was empty.
(b) He didn't know anyone was listening.
(c) He did better than he thought he would.
(d) He thought the song was longer.
13. What was the fate of the play's main character as explained in the beginning of the book?
(a) He was raised as a pirate's first mate.
(b) She was abused as a child and became an abuser herself.
(c) He was condemned to death and later reprieved.
(d) She was sent to an orphanage but worked her way up.
14. Who is playing the lead in The Beggar's Opera?
15. After Guy's audition, the cast members agree that Guy should play what character?
(b) Crook Finger'd Jack.
(d) Matt the Mint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ringing of the bell in the bar signify?
2. What does the person who interrupts Guy's conversation with the woman at the bar say about Guy?
3. What do Crispin and Bridget do after Bridget closes the bar?
4. What does Hannah bring to Guy while he is practicing his craft?
5. Who flirts with Guy at the bar?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)