|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bridget carrying when she first meets Guy?
(a) A script.
(b) An empty platter.
(c) A piece of furniture.
(d) An elaborately decorated basket.
2. What is the name of the character that plays the protagonist in the play being performed in the beginning of the story?
(a) Hannah Consentino.
(b) Dafydd Llewellyn.
(c) John Gay.
(d) Guy Jones.
3. Who is Hannah?
(a) Dafydd's wife.
(b) Dafydd's daughter.
(c) Guy's girlfriend.
(d) Guy's mother.
4. What kind of names do Dafydd's daughters have?
5. Who flirts with Guy at the bar?
6. What is the name of the performance's director?
(a) Dafydd Llewellyn.
(b) John Gay.
(c) Guy Jones.
(d) Brian MacHeath.
7. How is Dafydd's house described?
8. What is the name of the play being performed by the characters of A Chorus of Disapproval?
(a) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
(b) Jesus Christ Superstar.
(c) The Beggar's Opera.
9. Who are Linda's parents?
(a) Crispin and Bridget.
(b) Guy and Fay.
(c) Rebecca and Dafydd.
(d) Enid and Ted.
10. What does Guy try to talk to Dafydd about after Dafydd's outburst at Ted?
(a) How to play the part of Crook Finger'd Jack.
(d) His salary.
11. What do Crispin and Bridget do after Bridget closes the bar?
(a) Leave separately.
(b) Kiss passionately.
(c) Sit down and talk.
(d) Jell-O shots.
12. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, for whom is Guy looking?
(a) Mr. Llewellyn.
(b) Mr. Ames.
(c) Mr. Jarvis.
13. What is Dafydd's reaction to his own performance during Guy's audition?
(a) He brings himself to tears.
(b) He is overcome with anger.
(c) He spits at Guy.
(d) He insists that Guy leave the stage.
14. Why does Dafydd invite Guy to his home after the bar closes?
(a) Dafydd doesn't want Guy to drive home drunk.
(b) Dafydd wants to introduce Guy to his wife.
(c) Dafydd wants Guy to continue drinking with him.
(d) To discuss how Guy will be cast in the play.
15. What adjective(s) is used to describe Guy's personality?
(a) Quiet, low key and a little shy.
(c) Boisterous and forward.
(d) Annoying and rough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the conversation between Guy and the woman flirting with him?
2. Where does Guy work?
3. When Guy is left alone on the stage in Act 1, Scene 5, what does he do?
4. What bad news does Dafydd announce toward the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
5. What happens when Guy opens his mouth to begin his audition song?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)