|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mood between Hannah and Guy after they first meet and talk?
2. What is the name of the play being performed by the characters of A Chorus of Disapproval?
(b) The Beggar's Opera.
(c) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
(d) Jesus Christ Superstar.
3. What happens to Guy at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He leaves quietly, without emotion.
(b) He has a memory of his first time on stage.
(c) He collapses in agony.
(d) He congratulates his fellow actors.
4. When Guy is left alone on the stage in Act 1, Scene 5, what does he do?
(a) Practices his one line.
(b) Sings a jolly off-color Welsh tune.
(c) Daydreams of stardom.
(d) Begins to get anxious about opening day.
5. Where does Guy say his wife is?
(c) At home.
6. What does the director do after the curtain has fallen in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Makes a speech.
(b) Tells everyone to go home.
(c) Claps his hands in elation.
(d) Calls the cast back to the stage.
7. When Ian invites Guy to join him and Fay, what does he tell Guy to bring?
(a) A picnic basket.
(b) His own bottle of liquor.
(c) A female friend.
(d) A cooler full of beer.
8. Who is singing while sitting at the piano in the corner of the bar?
(a) Mr. Ames.
9. What is Guy planning to sing for his audition?
(a) "The Star Spangled Banner."
(b) A popular Welsh song.
(c) "Mary Had A Little Lamb."
(d) A short Irish ditty.
10. When was the play being performed written?
11. What is the occupation of the protagonist in the play being performed by the troupe?
(a) Petty thief.
12. Why does Hannah run out of the room when Dafydd brings Guy to his home?
(a) Her face is covered in night cream.
(b) Her children frighten her.
(c) She forgot about an appointment she had.
(d) She is embarrassed about the condition of her home.
13. Who is Linda's boyfriend?
14. What happens when Guy finishes singing his audition piece?
(a) He begins laughing uncontrollably.
(b) The director begins shouting at him.
(c) Everyone applauds.
(d) The room falls quiet.
15. Who is Fay's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Guy drinking at the bar?
2. What is the name of the character that plays the protagonist in the play being performed in the beginning of the story?
3. Who gets into a physical confrontation in the bar?
4. Who interrupts the conversation between Guy and the woman flirting with him?
5. Who are Linda's parents?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)