|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ian invite Guy to do on Friday night?
(a) To join him and Fay at a football game.
(b) To join him and Fay in a trip to the country.
(c) To join him and Fay in a night of drinking.
(d) To join him and Fay in a bit of fun.
2. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Dafydd do when he finally loses his temper completely?
(a) Leaves the theater.
(b) Destroys Ted's script.
(c) Cancels the rehearsal.
(d) Stomps his foot and screams.
3. What is the name of the protagonist in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
(c) Mac the Knife.
4. What is the name of the protagonist's wife in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who interrupts the conversation between Guy and the woman flirting with him?
6. Why is Guy surprised after he finishes his audition?
(a) He didn't know anyone was listening.
(b) He thought the song was longer.
(c) He did better than he thought he would.
(d) He thought the room was empty.
7. Who are Linda's parents?
(a) Crispin and Bridget.
(b) Enid and Ted.
(c) Guy and Fay.
(d) Rebecca and Dafydd.
8. Who is Fay's husband?
9. Who sings at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
10. Who is Hannah?
(a) Guy's girlfriend.
(b) Dafydd's daughter.
(c) Dafydd's wife.
(d) Guy's mother.
11. How does Hannah congratulate Guy on his promotion to a new character?
(a) With a passionate kiss.
(b) With a hearty handshake.
(c) With an individual standing ovation.
(d) With a bear hug.
12. What is Guy planning to sing for his audition?
(a) "Mary Had A Little Lamb."
(b) A short Irish ditty.
(c) "The Star Spangled Banner."
(d) A popular Welsh song.
13. What does Hannah say about Guy when Dafydd tells her what character he has chosen for Guy?
(a) That Guy is too masculine to play that character.
(b) That Guy is too handsome to play that character.
(c) That Guy is too quiet to play that character.
(d) That Guy is too big to play that character.
14. What is the song about that the person sitting at the piano in the bar is singing?
(b) War and sorrow.
(c) Wine and women.
15. With whom does Guy speak when looking for the director?
(a) Mr. Ames.
(c) Mr. Llewellyn.
(d) Mr. Jarvis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ian says that Dafydd directed a "really awful production" of what musical?
2. What is Dafydd drinking at the bar?
3. Who is the author of the play being performed?
4. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, for whom is Guy looking?
5. What was the fate of the play's main character as explained in the beginning of the book?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)