|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dafydd says that everything in the Llewellyn house is ______________.
2. What did Jarvis say he was forced to do when he didn't practice his craft?
(a) Buy a round of drinks for his co-workers.
(b) Find a new job.
(c) Eat a pile of sawdust.
(d) Take a lesser role.
3. What happens when Guy opens his mouth to begin his audition song?
(a) Dafydd starts singing the song.
(b) He chokes and asks to begin again.
(c) No sound comes out.
(d) His voice emerges clear and strong.
4. Where does Guy say his wife is?
(b) At home.
5. What does Hannah ask Guy to do while he is on stage practicing his craft?
(a) Take her out someplace nice.
(b) Stop seeing Fay.
(c) Work on their scene together.
(d) Go shopping.
6. What is an example of "Linda trouble" given in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She set Enid's clothing on fire.
(b) She drove the car into a ditch.
(c) She painted graffiti on her parents' house.
(d) She broke all of the windows.
7. Why does Dafydd invite Guy to his home after the bar closes?
(a) Dafydd wants Guy to continue drinking with him.
(b) Dafydd wants to introduce Guy to his wife.
(c) To discuss how Guy will be cast in the play.
(d) Dafydd doesn't want Guy to drive home drunk.
8. What is the name of the play being performed by the characters of A Chorus of Disapproval?
(a) The Beggar's Opera.
(c) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
(d) Jesus Christ Superstar.
9. What is the name of the protagonist's wife in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. After Guy's audition, the cast members agree that Guy should play what character?
(a) Crook Finger'd Jack.
(c) Matt the Mint.
11. What does Hannah bring to Guy while he is practicing his craft?
(a) A chair.
(c) A love letter.
12. What kind of business does Guy's company perform?
(b) Criminal investigation.
13. After Guy's audition, who offers suggestions on how to improve the play?
(c) Mr. Ames
14. What do Enid and Hannah do in response to Dafydd's actions when he loses his temper completely in Act 1, Scene 5?
(b) Scream obscenities.
(c) Laugh uncontrollably.
(d) Reprimand Dafydd and go after Ted.
15. What does the ringing of the bell in the bar signify?
(a) Someone has entered the bar.
(b) Dinner time.
(c) Last call.
(d) A phone call is waiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of names do Dafydd's daughters have?
2. What is Bridget carrying when she first meets Guy?
3. What does Dafydd suggest Guy should do be more like his initial character?
4. Who is Hannah?
5. What is the first thing learned about the protagonist in the play being performed?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)