|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ringing of the bell in the bar signify?
(a) Someone has entered the bar.
(b) A phone call is waiting.
(c) Last call.
(d) Dinner time.
2. Who is Hannah?
(a) Guy's girlfriend.
(b) Dafydd's wife.
(c) Dafydd's daughter.
(d) Guy's mother.
3. Who goes to look for the person Guy is trying to find?
(b) Mr. Llewellyn.
(c) Mr. Ames.
4. What does Guy try to talk to Dafydd about after Dafydd's outburst at Ted?
(a) His salary.
(b) How to play the part of Crook Finger'd Jack.
5. Which scene is being performed by the actors in the beginning of the play?
(a) The final scene.
(b) The second scene.
(c) The epilogue.
(d) The prologue.
6. What is the name of the character that plays the protagonist in the play being performed in the beginning of the story?
(a) Hannah Consentino.
(b) Guy Jones.
(c) John Gay.
(d) Dafydd Llewellyn.
7. Who flirts with Guy at the bar?
8. Where does Guy work?
9. From where did Guy come to look for the director?
(a) His home.
(b) The rehearsal area.
(c) The pit.
10. What is the genre of the play being performed by the troupe?
11. What is Bridget carrying when she first meets Guy?
(a) A piece of furniture.
(b) An empty platter.
(c) An elaborately decorated basket.
(d) A script.
12. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Dafydd do when he finally loses his temper completely?
(a) Leaves the theater.
(b) Stomps his foot and screams.
(c) Cancels the rehearsal.
(d) Destroys Ted's script.
13. What kind of accent does Guy use to practice his only line as his initial character?
14. What kind of names do Dafydd's daughters have?
15. What does Hannah ask Guy to do while he is on stage practicing his craft?
(a) Go shopping.
(b) Stop seeing Fay.
(c) Work on their scene together.
(d) Take her out someplace nice.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Guy's audition, the cast members agree that Guy should play what character?
2. Who are Linda's parents?
3. What do Crispin and Bridget do after Bridget closes the bar?
4. Who interrupts the conversation between Guy and the woman flirting with him?
5. What happens when Guy finishes singing his audition piece?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)