|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the protagonist in the play being performed by the troupe?
(a) Petty thief.
2. What does the director do after the curtain has fallen in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Makes a speech.
(b) Tells everyone to go home.
(c) Calls the cast back to the stage.
(d) Claps his hands in elation.
3. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, for whom is Guy looking?
(a) Mr. Ames.
(b) Mr. Llewellyn.
(c) Mr. Jarvis.
4. What kind of names do Dafydd's daughters have?
5. Who interrupts the conversation between Guy and the woman flirting with him?
6. Who named Dafydd's daughters?
(a) His mother.
(b) Their mother.
(d) The family priest.
7. What is the genre of the play being performed by the troupe?
8. What does Hannah ask Guy to do while he is on stage practicing his craft?
(a) Take her out someplace nice.
(b) Work on their scene together.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Stop seeing Fay.
9. What does Hannah say is the only thing in her house that doesn't fit into the family "theme"?
(a) The family dog.
(c) The car.
(d) The family Bible.
10. What is Bridget carrying when she first meets Guy?
(a) A script.
(b) A piece of furniture.
(c) An elaborately decorated basket.
(d) An empty platter.
11. What is said of Jarvis's age?
(a) His age is not mentioned.
(b) He is in his forties.
(c) His age hangs on him like an old coat.
(d) He is in his fifties.
12. Who are Linda's parents?
(a) Guy and Fay.
(b) Rebecca and Dafydd.
(c) Crispin and Bridget.
(d) Enid and Ted.
13. What do Crispin and Bridget do after Bridget closes the bar?
(a) Kiss passionately.
(b) Sit down and talk.
(c) Leave separately.
(d) Jell-O shots.
14. What does Dafydd suggest Guy should do be more like his initial character?
(a) Wear an eye patch.
(b) Practice walking.
(c) Be more aggressive.
(d) Wear looser clothing.
15. In Act 1, Scene 5, why is Dafydd frustrated?
(a) Guy is late for practice.
(b) The troupe is drunk.
(c) The rehearsals are 10 days behind schedule.
(d) His wife won't stop talking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah bring to Guy while he is practicing his craft?
2. Why does Hannah say she can't go to bed?
3. What is the name of the character that plays the protagonist in the play being performed in the beginning of the story?
4. When was the play being performed written?
5. What does the ringing of the bell in the bar signify?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)