|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hannah congratulate Guy on his promotion to a new character?
(a) With an individual standing ovation.
(b) With a passionate kiss.
(c) With a bear hug.
(d) With a hearty handshake.
2. What kind of business does Guy's company perform?
(c) Criminal investigation.
3. What does the ringing of the bell in the bar signify?
(a) Last call.
(b) Dinner time.
(c) Someone has entered the bar.
(d) A phone call is waiting.
4. Dafydd says that everything in the Llewellyn house is ______________.
5. Why does Ted have to leave rehearsal?
(a) To attend a dance at work.
(b) To take care of his sick baby.
(c) To attend a family function.
(d) To make dinner.
6. Who interrupts the conversation between Guy and the woman flirting with him?
7. What does the director do after the curtain has fallen in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Makes a speech.
(b) Tells everyone to go home.
(c) Claps his hands in elation.
(d) Calls the cast back to the stage.
8. With whom does Guy speak when looking for the director?
(a) Mr. Jarvis.
(b) Mr. Ames.
(c) Mr. Llewellyn.
9. Who sings at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
10. How is Dafydd's house described?
11. What do Dafydd's children do when he has been away too long?
(a) Pretend a large male doll is Dafydd.
(b) Draw happy pictures of the family to hang on the wall.
(c) Call him every day and beg him to come home.
(d) Cry and act out.
12. What is the name of the troupe performing the play?
(a) Petaluma Amateur Light Opera Society.
(b) Pendon Amateur Light Opera Society.
(c) Petalon Arabian Light Opera Society.
(d) Pennsylvania Amateur Light Opera Society.
13. What character does Dafydd choose for Guy to play while they are at Dafydd's house?
(a) Crook Finger'd Jack.
(c) Matt the Mint.
14. What is Rebecca's complaint after Dafydd's outburst at Ted?
(a) She doesn't like Guy.
(b) She thinks she should have the lead.
(c) She has to wait so long to participate in rehearsal.
(d) She thinks Dafydd is too hard on Ted.
15. What beverage does most of the cast drink?
(c) Gin and tonic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Enid and Hannah do in response to Dafydd's actions when he loses his temper completely in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. What kind of accent does Guy use to practice his only line as his initial character?
3. What does Hannah ask Guy to do while he is on stage practicing his craft?
4. Who is playing the lead in The Beggar's Opera?
5. What does Guy do while waiting for the director to arrive?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)