Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Linda's parents?
(a) Enid and Ted.
(b) Rebecca and Dafydd.
(c) Crispin and Bridget.
(d) Guy and Fay.
2. What is Rebecca's complaint after Dafydd's outburst at Ted?
(a) She thinks she should have the lead.
(b) She thinks Dafydd is too hard on Ted.
(c) She has to wait so long to participate in rehearsal.
(d) She doesn't like Guy.
3. What is the mood between Hannah and Guy after they first meet and talk?
4. Dafydd says that everything in the Llewellyn house is ______________.
5. Why does Hannah run out of the room when Dafydd brings Guy to his home?
(a) She forgot about an appointment she had.
(b) She is embarrassed about the condition of her home.
(c) Her children frighten her.
(d) Her face is covered in night cream.
6. What is the name of the protagonist's wife in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. What does Hannah say about Guy when Dafydd tells her what character he has chosen for Guy?
(a) That Guy is too quiet to play that character.
(b) That Guy is too big to play that character.
(c) That Guy is too masculine to play that character.
(d) That Guy is too handsome to play that character.
8. What is Dafydd drinking at the bar?
(a) A gin and tonic.
(c) A beer.
(d) A mixed drink.
9. Why does Dafydd invite Guy to his home after the bar closes?
(a) Dafydd wants to introduce Guy to his wife.
(b) Dafydd wants Guy to continue drinking with him.
(c) To discuss how Guy will be cast in the play.
(d) Dafydd doesn't want Guy to drive home drunk.
10. When Ian invites Guy to join him and Fay, what does he tell Guy to bring?
(a) A picnic basket.
(b) A female friend.
(c) His own bottle of liquor.
(d) A cooler full of beer.
11. In Act 1, Scene 5, why is Dafydd frustrated?
(a) The rehearsals are 10 days behind schedule.
(b) Guy is late for practice.
(c) The troupe is drunk.
(d) His wife won't stop talking.
12. Who reads the opening speech during the first rehearsal of The Beggar's Opera?
(b) Mr. Ames.
13. What happens to the protagonist in the play taking place in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is betrayed for money and sent to prison.
(b) He has risen above his station in life and married a rich woman.
(c) He is condemned to walk the plank.
(d) He has saved many people in his short, sad life.
14. Who goes to look for the person Guy is trying to find?
(a) Mr. Ames.
(b) Mr. Llewellyn.
15. Who is singing while sitting at the piano in the corner of the bar?
(b) Mr. Ames.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, for whom is Guy looking?
2. What does Guy try to talk to Dafydd about after Dafydd's outburst at Ted?
3. What does the person who interrupts Guy's conversation with the woman at the bar say about Guy?
4. What does the ringing of the bell in the bar signify?
5. What is the genre of the play being performed by the troupe?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)