|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dafydd invite Guy to his home after the bar closes?
(a) To discuss how Guy will be cast in the play.
(b) Dafydd wants to introduce Guy to his wife.
(c) Dafydd doesn't want Guy to drive home drunk.
(d) Dafydd wants Guy to continue drinking with him.
2. What character does Dafydd choose for Guy to play while they are at Dafydd's house?
(a) Matt the Mint.
(c) Crook Finger'd Jack.
3. What does Hannah ask Guy to do while he is on stage practicing his craft?
(a) Stop seeing Fay.
(b) Take her out someplace nice.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Work on their scene together.
4. Who named Dafydd's daughters?
(a) The family priest.
(c) His mother.
(d) Their mother.
5. Where does Guy work?
6. What does Hannah do while the men are discussing Guy's character?
(a) All the answers are correct.
(b) Washes her face.
(c) Makes cocoa.
(d) Changes her clothes.
7. When Guy is left alone on the stage in Act 1, Scene 5, what does he do?
(a) Practices his one line.
(b) Begins to get anxious about opening day.
(c) Daydreams of stardom.
(d) Sings a jolly off-color Welsh tune.
8. Why does Hannah say she can't go to bed?
(a) Her children are keeping her awake.
(b) She is uncomfortable with someone in her house.
(c) She can't sleep and needs warm milk.
(d) She wants to read a book next to the fire.
9. What is Linda's reply in when Dafydd asks where Crispin is?
(a) She says that she doesn't know.
(b) She says that he should arrive any minute.
(c) She tells Dafydd to ask Bridget.
(d) She gives Dafydd a dirty look and leaves the theater.
10. What happens to Guy at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He leaves quietly, without emotion.
(b) He collapses in agony.
(c) He has a memory of his first time on stage.
(d) He congratulates his fellow actors.
11. Who sings at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
12. Who is Linda's boyfriend?
13. What happens when Guy finishes singing his audition piece?
(a) He begins laughing uncontrollably.
(b) The director begins shouting at him.
(c) The room falls quiet.
(d) Everyone applauds.
14. When Ian invites Guy to join him and Fay, what does he tell Guy to bring?
(a) A picnic basket.
(b) A female friend.
(c) A cooler full of beer.
(d) His own bottle of liquor.
15. What kind of names do Dafydd's daughters have?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, for whom is Guy looking?
2. What kind of accent does Guy use to practice his only line as his initial character?
3. What do the changing lights indicate at the end of the performance?
4. What does Guy do while waiting for the director to arrive?
5. Who interrupts the conversation between Guy and the woman flirting with him?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)