|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guy planning to sing for his audition?
(a) A short Irish ditty.
(b) "Mary Had A Little Lamb."
(c) A popular Welsh song.
(d) "The Star Spangled Banner."
2. What is the genre of the play being performed by the troupe?
3. Dafydd says that everything in the Llewellyn house is ______________.
4. When Ian invites Guy to join him and Fay, what does he tell Guy to bring?
(a) A picnic basket.
(b) A cooler full of beer.
(c) His own bottle of liquor.
(d) A female friend.
5. What is the mood between Hannah and Guy after they first meet and talk?
6. Where does Guy work?
7. What adjective(s) is used to describe Guy's personality?
(b) Annoying and rough.
(c) Boisterous and forward.
(d) Quiet, low key and a little shy.
8. Who is the author of the play being performed?
(a) John Gay.
(b) Randall Brackett.
(c) Michael Rashlet.
(d) Diana Sweet.
9. Who flirts with Guy at the bar?
10. What does Ian invite Guy to do on Friday night?
(a) To join him and Fay in a bit of fun.
(b) To join him and Fay at a football game.
(c) To join him and Fay in a night of drinking.
(d) To join him and Fay in a trip to the country.
11. Who interrupts the conversation between Guy and the woman flirting with him?
12. What is the name of the troupe performing the play?
(a) Pennsylvania Amateur Light Opera Society.
(b) Petaluma Amateur Light Opera Society.
(c) Petalon Arabian Light Opera Society.
(d) Pendon Amateur Light Opera Society.
13. What does Guy do while waiting for the director to arrive?
(a) Sits quietly and stares forlornly at the piano.
(b) Plays the piano and belts out the chorus.
(c) Plays the piano and hums the tune.
(d) Plays the piano and tries to sing.
14. After watching his audition, how do the women of the company describe Guy?
(a) Masculine, manly.
(b) Meek and weak.
(c) Quiet and shy.
(d) Strong and handsome.
15. What is the name of the actress who plays the protagonist's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah say about Guy when Dafydd tells her what character he has chosen for Guy?
2. Who sings at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
3. What happens to the protagonist in the play taking place in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What character does Dafydd choose for Guy to play while they are at Dafydd's house?
5. What does the person who interrupts Guy's conversation with the woman at the bar say about Guy?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)