|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reads the opening speech during the first rehearsal of The Beggar's Opera?
(b) Mr. Ames.
2. Who named Dafydd's daughters?
(a) Their mother.
(b) The family priest.
(c) His mother.
3. What happens to the protagonist in the play taking place in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is betrayed for money and sent to prison.
(b) He has saved many people in his short, sad life.
(c) He is condemned to walk the plank.
(d) He has risen above his station in life and married a rich woman.
4. What kind of names do Dafydd's daughters have?
5. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Dafydd do when he finally loses his temper completely?
(a) Leaves the theater.
(b) Destroys Ted's script.
(c) Stomps his foot and screams.
(d) Cancels the rehearsal.
6. Why does Ted have to leave rehearsal?
(a) To make dinner.
(b) To attend a family function.
(c) To take care of his sick baby.
(d) To attend a dance at work.
7. What is the occupation of the protagonist in the play being performed by the troupe?
(b) Petty thief.
8. What is the name of the protagonist in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Mac the Knife.
9. How is Dafydd's house described?
10. What is the first thing learned about the protagonist in the play being performed?
(a) He comes from a broken home.
(b) He is married to one woman and engaged to another.
(c) He is the play's hero.
(d) He is a pirate.
11. What is Guy drinking at the bar?
(a) A mixed drink.
(b) A gin and tonic.
(c) A beer.
12. What is the name of the troupe performing the play?
(a) Pennsylvania Amateur Light Opera Society.
(b) Petalon Arabian Light Opera Society.
(c) Pendon Amateur Light Opera Society.
(d) Petaluma Amateur Light Opera Society.
13. Who sings at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
14. What kind of business does Guy's company perform?
(b) Criminal investigation.
15. What is Guy planning to sing for his audition?
(a) "Mary Had A Little Lamb."
(b) A short Irish ditty.
(c) "The Star Spangled Banner."
(d) A popular Welsh song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the performance's director?
2. Who flirts with Guy at the bar?
3. Dafydd says that everything in the Llewellyn house is ______________.
4. In Act 1, Scene 5, why is Dafydd frustrated?
5. What does Ian invite Guy to do on Friday night?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)