|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannah say is the only thing in her house that doesn't fit into the family "theme"?
(a) The car.
(c) The family dog.
(d) The family Bible.
2. What kind of accent does Guy use to practice his only line as his initial character?
3. What is the genre of the play being performed by the troupe?
4. What does Ian invite Guy to do on Friday night?
(a) To join him and Fay in a night of drinking.
(b) To join him and Fay in a trip to the country.
(c) To join him and Fay at a football game.
(d) To join him and Fay in a bit of fun.
5. How does Hannah congratulate Guy on his promotion to a new character?
(a) With an individual standing ovation.
(b) With a hearty handshake.
(c) With a bear hug.
(d) With a passionate kiss.
6. Why does Dafydd invite Guy to his home after the bar closes?
(a) Dafydd doesn't want Guy to drive home drunk.
(b) Dafydd wants Guy to continue drinking with him.
(c) Dafydd wants to introduce Guy to his wife.
(d) To discuss how Guy will be cast in the play.
7. Who is playing the lead in The Beggar's Opera?
8. What is the name of the protagonist in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
(d) Mac the Knife.
9. What is an example of "Linda trouble" given in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She drove the car into a ditch.
(b) She broke all of the windows.
(c) She painted graffiti on her parents' house.
(d) She set Enid's clothing on fire.
10. After watching his audition, how do the women of the company describe Guy?
(a) Masculine, manly.
(b) Quiet and shy.
(c) Meek and weak.
(d) Strong and handsome.
11. What is the name of the troupe performing the play?
(a) Petaluma Amateur Light Opera Society.
(b) Pendon Amateur Light Opera Society.
(c) Petalon Arabian Light Opera Society.
(d) Pennsylvania Amateur Light Opera Society.
12. Who is Linda's boyfriend?
13. What does the director do after the curtain has fallen in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Tells everyone to go home.
(b) Claps his hands in elation.
(c) Makes a speech.
(d) Calls the cast back to the stage.
14. What does the ringing of the bell in the bar signify?
(a) Last call.
(b) Dinner time.
(c) A phone call is waiting.
(d) Someone has entered the bar.
15. Who gets into a physical confrontation in the bar?
(a) Crispin and Bridget.
(b) Mr. Ames and Jarvis.
(c) Dafydd and Ted.
(d) Crispin and Guy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the song about that the person sitting at the piano in the bar is singing?
2. Who named Dafydd's daughters?
3. After Guy's audition, the cast members agree that Guy should play what character?
4. Ian says that Dafydd directed a "really awful production" of what musical?
5. What is Dafydd's reaction to his own performance during Guy's audition?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)