|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an example of "Linda trouble" given in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She set Enid's clothing on fire.
(b) She painted graffiti on her parents' house.
(c) She drove the car into a ditch.
(d) She broke all of the windows.
2. When Ian invites Guy to join him and Fay, what does he tell Guy to bring?
(a) A cooler full of beer.
(b) A picnic basket.
(c) A female friend.
(d) His own bottle of liquor.
3. After watching his audition, how do the women of the company describe Guy?
(a) Meek and weak.
(b) Masculine, manly.
(c) Strong and handsome.
(d) Quiet and shy.
4. What kind of business does Guy's company perform?
(a) Criminal investigation.
5. What adjective(s) is used to describe Guy's personality?
(b) Boisterous and forward.
(c) Annoying and rough.
(d) Quiet, low key and a little shy.
6. What is the name of the performance's director?
(a) John Gay.
(b) Dafydd Llewellyn.
(c) Guy Jones.
(d) Brian MacHeath.
7. What is the song about that the person sitting at the piano in the bar is singing?
(a) War and sorrow.
(b) Wine and women.
8. When Guy is left alone on the stage in Act 1, Scene 5, what does he do?
(a) Daydreams of stardom.
(b) Begins to get anxious about opening day.
(c) Sings a jolly off-color Welsh tune.
(d) Practices his one line.
9. Who is Fay's husband?
10. What is the name of the protagonist in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Mac the Knife.
11. What is the name of the play being performed by the characters of A Chorus of Disapproval?
(a) Jesus Christ Superstar.
(c) The Beggar's Opera.
(d) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
12. What is Dafydd drinking at the bar?
(a) A mixed drink.
(b) A gin and tonic.
(c) A beer.
13. What do Crispin and Bridget do after Bridget closes the bar?
(a) Sit down and talk.
(b) Leave separately.
(c) Kiss passionately.
(d) Jell-O shots.
14. Why is Guy surprised after he finishes his audition?
(a) He thought the room was empty.
(b) He didn't know anyone was listening.
(c) He did better than he thought he would.
(d) He thought the song was longer.
15. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, for whom is Guy looking?
(a) Mr. Jarvis.
(b) Mr. Llewellyn.
(c) Mr. Ames.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dafydd's drink?
2. After Guy's audition, who offers suggestions on how to improve the play?
3. Ian says that Dafydd directed a "really awful production" of what musical?
4. What was the fate of the play's main character as explained in the beginning of the book?
5. How is Bridget introduced in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)