|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of accent does Guy use to practice his only line as his initial character?
2. Who gets into a physical confrontation in the bar?
(a) Crispin and Bridget.
(b) Mr. Ames and Jarvis.
(c) Crispin and Guy.
(d) Dafydd and Ted.
3. What is the genre of the play being performed by the troupe?
4. What kind of business does Guy's company perform?
(a) Criminal investigation.
5. After watching his audition, how do the women of the company describe Guy?
(a) Masculine, manly.
(b) Quiet and shy.
(c) Meek and weak.
(d) Strong and handsome.
6. What is Guy planning to sing for his audition?
(a) A short Irish ditty.
(b) "Mary Had A Little Lamb."
(c) "The Star Spangled Banner."
(d) A popular Welsh song.
7. In Act 1, Scene 5, why is Dafydd frustrated?
(a) The rehearsals are 10 days behind schedule.
(b) Guy is late for practice.
(c) The troupe is drunk.
(d) His wife won't stop talking.
8. What kind of names do Dafydd's daughters have?
9. What is the name of the actress who plays the protagonist's wife?
10. What does the person who interrupts Guy's conversation with the woman at the bar say about Guy?
(a) He must be crazy.
(b) He must be married.
(c) He must be Scottish.
(d) He must be popular.
11. Where does Guy work?
12. What do Crispin and Bridget do after Bridget closes the bar?
(a) Sit down and talk.
(b) Jell-O shots.
(c) Leave separately.
(d) Kiss passionately.
13. What is the name of the protagonist's wife in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
14. What is Guy drinking at the bar?
(a) A mixed drink.
(b) A gin and tonic.
(d) A beer.
15. What beverage does most of the cast drink?
(d) Gin and tonic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bridget carrying when she first meets Guy?
2. Dafydd says that everything in the Llewellyn house is ______________.
3. What was the fate of the play's main character as explained in the beginning of the book?
4. What happens when Guy opens his mouth to begin his audition song?
5. Who is the author of the play being performed?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)