|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Linda's boyfriend?
2. What is Rebecca's complaint after Dafydd's outburst at Ted?
(a) She doesn't like Guy.
(b) She thinks Dafydd is too hard on Ted.
(c) She thinks she should have the lead.
(d) She has to wait so long to participate in rehearsal.
3. Who interrupts the conversation between Guy and the woman flirting with him?
4. Which scene is being performed by the actors in the beginning of the play?
(a) The prologue.
(b) The second scene.
(c) The epilogue.
(d) The final scene.
5. When Guy is left alone on the stage in Act 1, Scene 5, what does he do?
(a) Daydreams of stardom.
(b) Practices his one line.
(c) Sings a jolly off-color Welsh tune.
(d) Begins to get anxious about opening day.
6. Who gets into a physical confrontation in the bar?
(a) Dafydd and Ted.
(b) Crispin and Bridget.
(c) Mr. Ames and Jarvis.
(d) Crispin and Guy.
7. What does Hannah bring to Guy while he is practicing his craft?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A chair.
8. What kind of names do Dafydd's daughters have?
9. What does Hannah ask Guy to do while he is on stage practicing his craft?
(a) Stop seeing Fay.
(b) Take her out someplace nice.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Work on their scene together.
10. What is Guy planning to sing for his audition?
(a) "The Star Spangled Banner."
(b) A popular Welsh song.
(c) "Mary Had A Little Lamb."
(d) A short Irish ditty.
11. What kind of accent does Guy use to practice his only line as his initial character?
12. What is the name of the character that plays the protagonist in the play being performed in the beginning of the story?
(a) John Gay.
(b) Dafydd Llewellyn.
(c) Guy Jones.
(d) Hannah Consentino.
13. Ian says that Dafydd directed a "really awful production" of what musical?
(b) Guys and Dolls.
(c) Sound of Music.
14. What did Jarvis say he was forced to do when he didn't practice his craft?
(a) Buy a round of drinks for his co-workers.
(b) Take a lesser role.
(c) Find a new job.
(d) Eat a pile of sawdust.
15. Why does Hannah say she can't go to bed?
(a) She wants to read a book next to the fire.
(b) She can't sleep and needs warm milk.
(c) Her children are keeping her awake.
(d) She is uncomfortable with someone in her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dafydd describe the owner of the bar?
2. What does Hannah say about Guy when Dafydd tells her what character he has chosen for Guy?
3. What is Bridget carrying when she first meets Guy?
4. How does Hannah congratulate Guy on his promotion to a new character?
5. What adjective(s) is used to describe Guy's personality?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)