|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who interrupts Guy's conversation with the woman at the bar say about Guy?
(a) He must be married.
(b) He must be Scottish.
(c) He must be crazy.
(d) He must be popular.
2. Why does Ted have to leave rehearsal?
(a) To make dinner.
(b) To attend a family function.
(c) To take care of his sick baby.
(d) To attend a dance at work.
3. How does Dafydd describe the owner of the bar?
(a) A cantankerous old chap.
(b) A sweet old man.
(c) A meek and mild man in his sixties.
(d) A broken down drunk.
4. From where did Guy come to look for the director?
(a) His home.
(b) The rehearsal area.
(c) The pit.
5. What is Guy planning to sing for his audition?
(a) A short Irish ditty.
(b) A popular Welsh song.
(c) "The Star Spangled Banner."
(d) "Mary Had A Little Lamb."
6. What is Guy drinking at the bar?
(b) A mixed drink.
(c) A beer.
(d) A gin and tonic.
7. What is the occupation of the protagonist in the play being performed by the troupe?
(b) Petty thief.
8. What character does Dafydd choose for Guy to play while they are at Dafydd's house?
(a) Crook Finger'd Jack.
(b) Matt the Mint.
9. Who is Linda's boyfriend?
10. Who sings at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
11. What is said of Jarvis's age?
(a) He is in his forties.
(b) He is in his fifties.
(c) His age hangs on him like an old coat.
(d) His age is not mentioned.
12. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Dafydd do when he finally loses his temper completely?
(a) Stomps his foot and screams.
(b) Destroys Ted's script.
(c) Cancels the rehearsal.
(d) Leaves the theater.
13. What happens to Guy at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He congratulates his fellow actors.
(b) He leaves quietly, without emotion.
(c) He collapses in agony.
(d) He has a memory of his first time on stage.
14. What happens when Guy finishes singing his audition piece?
(a) The room falls quiet.
(b) Everyone applauds.
(c) The director begins shouting at him.
(d) He begins laughing uncontrollably.
15. What does the ringing of the bell in the bar signify?
(a) Dinner time.
(b) Last call.
(c) Someone has entered the bar.
(d) A phone call is waiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rebecca's complaint after Dafydd's outburst at Ted?
2. What is Dafydd drinking at the bar?
3. When Guy is left alone on the stage in Act 1, Scene 5, what does he do?
4. What adjective(s) is used to describe Guy's personality?
5. Who gets into a physical confrontation in the bar?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)