|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the protagonist in the play being performed by the troupe?
(a) Petty thief.
2. What does Hannah do while the men are discussing Guy's character?
(a) Makes cocoa.
(b) Changes her clothes.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) Washes her face.
3. What is Dafydd's reaction to his own performance during Guy's audition?
(a) He insists that Guy leave the stage.
(b) He is overcome with anger.
(c) He brings himself to tears.
(d) He spits at Guy.
4. What does Guy do while waiting for the director to arrive?
(a) Plays the piano and belts out the chorus.
(b) Plays the piano and tries to sing.
(c) Sits quietly and stares forlornly at the piano.
(d) Plays the piano and hums the tune.
5. What happens to the protagonist in the play taking place in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is condemned to walk the plank.
(b) He has saved many people in his short, sad life.
(c) He is betrayed for money and sent to prison.
(d) He has risen above his station in life and married a rich woman.
6. What is the genre of the play being performed by the troupe?
7. Who interrupts the conversation between Guy and the woman flirting with him?
8. What do Enid and Hannah do in response to Dafydd's actions when he loses his temper completely in Act 1, Scene 5?
(b) Laugh uncontrollably.
(c) Reprimand Dafydd and go after Ted.
(d) Scream obscenities.
9. What is the song about that the person sitting at the piano in the bar is singing?
(b) Wine and women.
(d) War and sorrow.
10. How is Dafydd's house described?
11. What kind of business does Guy's company perform?
(c) Criminal investigation.
12. Where does Guy work?
13. What does the ringing of the bell in the bar signify?
(a) Dinner time.
(b) Someone has entered the bar.
(c) Last call.
(d) A phone call is waiting.
14. What is the name of the performance's director?
(a) John Gay.
(b) Dafydd Llewellyn.
(c) Guy Jones.
(d) Brian MacHeath.
15. What does the person who interrupts Guy's conversation with the woman at the bar say about Guy?
(a) He must be married.
(b) He must be Scottish.
(c) He must be crazy.
(d) He must be popular.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the fate of the play's main character as explained in the beginning of the book?
2. Why is Guy surprised after he finishes his audition?
3. How does Hannah congratulate Guy on his promotion to a new character?
4. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, for whom is Guy looking?
5. What happens to Dafydd's drink?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)