|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, for whom is Guy looking?
(a) Mr. Ames.
(b) Mr. Llewellyn.
(c) Mr. Jarvis.
2. How is Dafydd's house described?
3. When Ian invites Guy to join him and Fay, what does he tell Guy to bring?
(a) A female friend.
(b) His own bottle of liquor.
(c) A cooler full of beer.
(d) A picnic basket.
4. What does Hannah do while the men are discussing Guy's character?
(a) Makes cocoa.
(b) Washes her face.
(c) Changes her clothes.
(d) All the answers are correct.
5. What happens to Guy at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He collapses in agony.
(b) He leaves quietly, without emotion.
(c) He congratulates his fellow actors.
(d) He has a memory of his first time on stage.
6. What do the changing lights indicate at the end of the performance?
(a) That it is last call.
(b) The curtain has fallen for the final time.
(c) That there will be an encore.
(d) That it is intermission.
7. What does Ian invite Guy to do on Friday night?
(a) To join him and Fay at a football game.
(b) To join him and Fay in a night of drinking.
(c) To join him and Fay in a bit of fun.
(d) To join him and Fay in a trip to the country.
8. Why does Hannah run out of the room when Dafydd brings Guy to his home?
(a) Her face is covered in night cream.
(b) She is embarrassed about the condition of her home.
(c) She forgot about an appointment she had.
(d) Her children frighten her.
9. Ian says that Dafydd directed a "really awful production" of what musical?
(b) Sound of Music.
(c) Guys and Dolls.
10. What kind of business does Guy's company perform?
(c) Criminal investigation.
11. What character does Dafydd choose for Guy to play while they are at Dafydd's house?
(c) Crook Finger'd Jack.
(d) Matt the Mint.
12. What is the occupation of the protagonist in the play being performed by the troupe?
(a) Petty thief.
13. When Guy is left alone on the stage in Act 1, Scene 5, what does he do?
(a) Daydreams of stardom.
(b) Practices his one line.
(c) Begins to get anxious about opening day.
(d) Sings a jolly off-color Welsh tune.
14. What is Linda's reply in when Dafydd asks where Crispin is?
(a) She gives Dafydd a dirty look and leaves the theater.
(b) She says that he should arrive any minute.
(c) She tells Dafydd to ask Bridget.
(d) She says that she doesn't know.
15. What was the fate of the play's main character as explained in the beginning of the book?
(a) She was abused as a child and became an abuser herself.
(b) He was raised as a pirate's first mate.
(c) She was sent to an orphanage but worked her way up.
(d) He was condemned to death and later reprieved.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Dafydd do when he finally loses his temper completely?
2. What does Guy try to talk to Dafydd about after Dafydd's outburst at Ted?
3. Why does Ted have to leave rehearsal?
4. What does the director do after the curtain has fallen in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What bad news does Dafydd announce toward the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)