|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the changing lights indicate at the end of the performance?
(a) That it is intermission.
(b) The curtain has fallen for the final time.
(c) That there will be an encore.
(d) That it is last call.
2. Where does Guy work?
3. Who goes to look for the person Guy is trying to find?
(a) Mr. Llewellyn.
(b) Mr. Ames.
4. What do Enid and Hannah do in response to Dafydd's actions when he loses his temper completely in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Scream obscenities.
(b) Laugh uncontrollably.
(d) Reprimand Dafydd and go after Ted.
5. Who is Hannah?
(a) Guy's mother.
(b) Guy's girlfriend.
(c) Dafydd's wife.
(d) Dafydd's daughter.
6. What happens to Dafydd's drink?
(a) Guy drinks it.
(b) It is accidentally set on fire.
(c) It gets knocked over during the fight.
(d) Bridget throws it away.
7. What is Bridget carrying when she first meets Guy?
(a) An empty platter.
(b) A script.
(c) A piece of furniture.
(d) An elaborately decorated basket.
8. What adjective(s) is used to describe Guy's personality?
(b) Annoying and rough.
(c) Boisterous and forward.
(d) Quiet, low key and a little shy.
9. What is the song about that the person sitting at the piano in the bar is singing?
(a) Wine and women.
(c) War and sorrow.
10. What does Hannah bring to Guy while he is practicing his craft?
(a) A chair.
(b) A love letter.
11. What does Guy do while waiting for the director to arrive?
(a) Plays the piano and tries to sing.
(b) Plays the piano and belts out the chorus.
(c) Plays the piano and hums the tune.
(d) Sits quietly and stares forlornly at the piano.
12. What does the person who interrupts Guy's conversation with the woman at the bar say about Guy?
(a) He must be crazy.
(b) He must be popular.
(c) He must be Scottish.
(d) He must be married.
13. Why does Hannah say she can't go to bed?
(a) She is uncomfortable with someone in her house.
(b) Her children are keeping her awake.
(c) She can't sleep and needs warm milk.
(d) She wants to read a book next to the fire.
14. After Guy's audition, the cast members agree that Guy should play what character?
(b) Matt the Mint.
(c) Crook Finger'd Jack.
15. What does the ringing of the bell in the bar signify?
(a) Someone has entered the bar.
(b) A phone call is waiting.
(c) Dinner time.
(d) Last call.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the play being performed by the characters of A Chorus of Disapproval?
2. What do Dafydd's children do when he has been away too long?
3. What is Guy planning to sing for his audition?
4. What happens when Guy finishes singing his audition piece?
5. When Guy is left alone on the stage in Act 1, Scene 5, what does he do?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)