|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who flirts with Guy at the bar?
2. What does the person who interrupts Guy's conversation with the woman at the bar say about Guy?
(a) He must be married.
(b) He must be Scottish.
(c) He must be popular.
(d) He must be crazy.
3. What is Dafydd's reaction to his own performance during Guy's audition?
(a) He insists that Guy leave the stage.
(b) He spits at Guy.
(c) He is overcome with anger.
(d) He brings himself to tears.
4. What is the name of the troupe performing the play?
(a) Petaluma Amateur Light Opera Society.
(b) Pennsylvania Amateur Light Opera Society.
(c) Pendon Amateur Light Opera Society.
(d) Petalon Arabian Light Opera Society.
5. Ian says that Dafydd directed a "really awful production" of what musical?
(b) Sound of Music.
(d) Guys and Dolls.
6. What happens when Guy opens his mouth to begin his audition song?
(a) His voice emerges clear and strong.
(b) Dafydd starts singing the song.
(c) No sound comes out.
(d) He chokes and asks to begin again.
7. What does Hannah say is the only thing in her house that doesn't fit into the family "theme"?
(a) The family dog.
(b) The car.
(d) The family Bible.
8. What character does Dafydd choose for Guy to play while they are at Dafydd's house?
(a) Crook Finger'd Jack.
(b) Matt the Mint.
9. Who is playing the lead in The Beggar's Opera?
10. What does Hannah ask Guy to do while he is on stage practicing his craft?
(a) Take her out someplace nice.
(b) Stop seeing Fay.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Work on their scene together.
11. In Act 1, Scene 5, why is Dafydd frustrated?
(a) The troupe is drunk.
(b) Guy is late for practice.
(c) The rehearsals are 10 days behind schedule.
(d) His wife won't stop talking.
12. What is Bridget carrying when she first meets Guy?
(a) An elaborately decorated basket.
(b) A piece of furniture.
(c) A script.
(d) An empty platter.
13. What bad news does Dafydd announce toward the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) The orchestra cannot possibly be ready by opening day.
(b) The man playing Matt the Mint has dropped out.
(c) Linda has physically assaulted Bridget.
(d) Crispin has disappeared.
14. After Guy's audition, who offers suggestions on how to improve the play?
(d) Mr. Ames
15. What do Dafydd's children do when he has been away too long?
(a) Pretend a large male doll is Dafydd.
(b) Call him every day and beg him to come home.
(c) Draw happy pictures of the family to hang on the wall.
(d) Cry and act out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Crispin and Bridget do after Bridget closes the bar?
2. What kind of names do Dafydd's daughters have?
3. What do Enid and Hannah do in response to Dafydd's actions when he loses his temper completely in Act 1, Scene 5?
4. What is the name of the performance's director?
5. Who is Fay's husband?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)