|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Guy's audition, who offers suggestions on how to improve the play?
(c) Mr. Ames
2. What does Hannah say about Guy when Dafydd tells her what character he has chosen for Guy?
(a) That Guy is too masculine to play that character.
(b) That Guy is too big to play that character.
(c) That Guy is too quiet to play that character.
(d) That Guy is too handsome to play that character.
3. What is the name of the actress who plays the protagonist's wife?
4. From where did Guy come to look for the director?
(a) The rehearsal area.
(c) His home.
(d) The pit.
5. What is Guy planning to sing for his audition?
(a) A popular Welsh song.
(b) "Mary Had A Little Lamb."
(c) A short Irish ditty.
(d) "The Star Spangled Banner."
6. What did Jarvis say he was forced to do when he didn't practice his craft?
(a) Find a new job.
(b) Take a lesser role.
(c) Eat a pile of sawdust.
(d) Buy a round of drinks for his co-workers.
7. What do Crispin and Bridget do after Bridget closes the bar?
(a) Sit down and talk.
(b) Kiss passionately.
(c) Leave separately.
(d) Jell-O shots.
8. What is the occupation of the protagonist in the play being performed by the troupe?
(c) Petty thief.
9. What kind of names do Dafydd's daughters have?
10. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Dafydd do when he finally loses his temper completely?
(a) Stomps his foot and screams.
(b) Destroys Ted's script.
(c) Cancels the rehearsal.
(d) Leaves the theater.
11. Who is Linda's boyfriend?
12. How is Bridget introduced in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) As the bartender's daughter.
(b) As Dafydd's best actress.
(c) As the bar's owner.
(d) As Jarvis's mistress.
13. After Guy's audition, the cast members agree that Guy should play what character?
(a) Matt the Mint.
(d) Crook Finger'd Jack.
14. What is an example of "Linda trouble" given in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She drove the car into a ditch.
(b) She set Enid's clothing on fire.
(c) She painted graffiti on her parents' house.
(d) She broke all of the windows.
15. Where does Guy work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which scene is being performed by the actors in the beginning of the play?
2. Who gets into a physical confrontation in the bar?
3. What is Rebecca's complaint after Dafydd's outburst at Ted?
4. Who named Dafydd's daughters?
5. What is Linda's reply in when Dafydd asks where Crispin is?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)