|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who named Dafydd's daughters?
(a) Their mother.
(b) His mother.
(d) The family priest.
2. Who reads the opening speech during the first rehearsal of The Beggar's Opera?
(b) Mr. Ames.
3. What does Hannah say about Guy when Dafydd tells her what character he has chosen for Guy?
(a) That Guy is too masculine to play that character.
(b) That Guy is too quiet to play that character.
(c) That Guy is too big to play that character.
(d) That Guy is too handsome to play that character.
4. What did Jarvis say he was forced to do when he didn't practice his craft?
(a) Take a lesser role.
(b) Buy a round of drinks for his co-workers.
(c) Eat a pile of sawdust.
(d) Find a new job.
5. Who goes to look for the person Guy is trying to find?
(a) Mr. Llewellyn.
(c) Mr. Ames.
6. How does Hannah congratulate Guy on his promotion to a new character?
(a) With a hearty handshake.
(b) With a passionate kiss.
(c) With a bear hug.
(d) With an individual standing ovation.
7. What does Guy try to talk to Dafydd about after Dafydd's outburst at Ted?
(b) How to play the part of Crook Finger'd Jack.
(c) His salary.
8. What is the genre of the play being performed by the troupe?
9. What is the mood between Hannah and Guy after they first meet and talk?
10. In Act 1, Scene 5, why is Dafydd frustrated?
(a) The troupe is drunk.
(b) His wife won't stop talking.
(c) The rehearsals are 10 days behind schedule.
(d) Guy is late for practice.
11. Where does Guy say his wife is?
(d) At home.
12. When was the play being performed written?
13. Why does Ted have to leave rehearsal?
(a) To make dinner.
(b) To attend a family function.
(c) To attend a dance at work.
(d) To take care of his sick baby.
14. What is the name of the character that plays the protagonist in the play being performed in the beginning of the story?
(a) John Gay.
(b) Guy Jones.
(c) Dafydd Llewellyn.
(d) Hannah Consentino.
15. What is the song about that the person sitting at the piano in the bar is singing?
(a) War and sorrow.
(c) Wine and women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Crispin and Bridget do after Bridget closes the bar?
2. How is Dafydd's house described?
3. What happens to Dafydd's drink?
4. What happens when Guy finishes singing his audition piece?
5. What is the name of the protagonist in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)