|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the song about that the person sitting at the piano in the bar is singing?
(a) War and sorrow.
(c) Wine and women.
2. When was the play being performed written?
3. What is the name of the troupe performing the play?
(a) Pennsylvania Amateur Light Opera Society.
(b) Petaluma Amateur Light Opera Society.
(c) Petalon Arabian Light Opera Society.
(d) Pendon Amateur Light Opera Society.
4. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, for whom is Guy looking?
(a) Mr. Ames.
(b) Mr. Llewellyn.
(d) Mr. Jarvis.
5. Why does Dafydd invite Guy to his home after the bar closes?
(a) Dafydd doesn't want Guy to drive home drunk.
(b) Dafydd wants Guy to continue drinking with him.
(c) Dafydd wants to introduce Guy to his wife.
(d) To discuss how Guy will be cast in the play.
6. How does Dafydd describe the owner of the bar?
(a) A broken down drunk.
(b) A sweet old man.
(c) A meek and mild man in his sixties.
(d) A cantankerous old chap.
7. What is the name of the protagonist's wife in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. What does Ian invite Guy to do on Friday night?
(a) To join him and Fay in a night of drinking.
(b) To join him and Fay in a trip to the country.
(c) To join him and Fay in a bit of fun.
(d) To join him and Fay at a football game.
9. What kind of names do Dafydd's daughters have?
10. What is Dafydd's reaction to his own performance during Guy's audition?
(a) He brings himself to tears.
(b) He spits at Guy.
(c) He insists that Guy leave the stage.
(d) He is overcome with anger.
11. Where does Guy say his wife is?
(c) At home.
12. How is Dafydd's house described?
13. What is the name of the play being performed by the characters of A Chorus of Disapproval?
(a) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
(b) The Beggar's Opera.
(c) Jesus Christ Superstar.
14. Who is singing while sitting at the piano in the corner of the bar?
(a) Mr. Ames.
15. Who named Dafydd's daughters?
(a) His mother.
(b) The family priest.
(c) Their mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dafydd says that everything in the Llewellyn house is ______________.
2. What happens to the protagonist in the play taking place in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does the director do after the curtain has fallen in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What did Jarvis say he was forced to do when he didn't practice his craft?
5. What is Dafydd drinking at the bar?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)