|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 5, why is Dafydd frustrated?
(a) The troupe is drunk.
(b) Guy is late for practice.
(c) The rehearsals are 10 days behind schedule.
(d) His wife won't stop talking.
2. What does Hannah ask Guy to do while he is on stage practicing his craft?
(a) Go shopping.
(b) Stop seeing Fay.
(c) Work on their scene together.
(d) Take her out someplace nice.
3. What character does Dafydd choose for Guy to play while they are at Dafydd's house?
(a) Matt the Mint.
(b) Crook Finger'd Jack.
4. What was the fate of the play's main character as explained in the beginning of the book?
(a) He was raised as a pirate's first mate.
(b) She was abused as a child and became an abuser herself.
(c) She was sent to an orphanage but worked her way up.
(d) He was condemned to death and later reprieved.
5. What does Guy do while waiting for the director to arrive?
(a) Sits quietly and stares forlornly at the piano.
(b) Plays the piano and belts out the chorus.
(c) Plays the piano and tries to sing.
(d) Plays the piano and hums the tune.
6. What is Dafydd drinking at the bar?
(a) A mixed drink.
(c) A gin and tonic.
(d) A beer.
7. What happens when Guy finishes singing his audition piece?
(a) The director begins shouting at him.
(b) Everyone applauds.
(c) He begins laughing uncontrollably.
(d) The room falls quiet.
8. What is Guy planning to sing for his audition?
(a) "The Star Spangled Banner."
(b) "Mary Had A Little Lamb."
(c) A popular Welsh song.
(d) A short Irish ditty.
9. What do Crispin and Bridget do after Bridget closes the bar?
(a) Kiss passionately.
(b) Leave separately.
(c) Jell-O shots.
(d) Sit down and talk.
10. What does Hannah say about Guy when Dafydd tells her what character he has chosen for Guy?
(a) That Guy is too big to play that character.
(b) That Guy is too handsome to play that character.
(c) That Guy is too quiet to play that character.
(d) That Guy is too masculine to play that character.
11. What is Linda's reply in when Dafydd asks where Crispin is?
(a) She says that she doesn't know.
(b) She gives Dafydd a dirty look and leaves the theater.
(c) She says that he should arrive any minute.
(d) She tells Dafydd to ask Bridget.
12. What is the name of the protagonist's wife in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
13. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Dafydd do when he finally loses his temper completely?
(a) Leaves the theater.
(b) Destroys Ted's script.
(c) Stomps his foot and screams.
(d) Cancels the rehearsal.
14. What is the name of the protagonist in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Mac the Knife.
15. When was the play being performed written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does Guy's company perform?
2. What does Ian invite Guy to do on Friday night?
3. How does Dafydd describe the owner of the bar?
4. What is the name of the performance's director?
5. What happens to Dafydd's drink?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)