|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts the conversation between Guy and the woman flirting with him?
2. What is Dafydd's reaction to his own performance during Guy's audition?
(a) He brings himself to tears.
(b) He insists that Guy leave the stage.
(c) He is overcome with anger.
(d) He spits at Guy.
3. What does Hannah say about Guy when Dafydd tells her what character he has chosen for Guy?
(a) That Guy is too quiet to play that character.
(b) That Guy is too masculine to play that character.
(c) That Guy is too big to play that character.
(d) That Guy is too handsome to play that character.
4. Who named Dafydd's daughters?
(a) The family priest.
(b) His mother.
(c) Their mother.
5. What do Enid and Hannah do in response to Dafydd's actions when he loses his temper completely in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Reprimand Dafydd and go after Ted.
(b) Scream obscenities.
(d) Laugh uncontrollably.
6. What does Hannah ask Guy to do while he is on stage practicing his craft?
(a) Work on their scene together.
(b) Stop seeing Fay.
(c) Take her out someplace nice.
(d) Go shopping.
7. What does Hannah do while the men are discussing Guy's character?
(a) Makes cocoa.
(b) Washes her face.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) Changes her clothes.
8. What does Hannah say is the only thing in her house that doesn't fit into the family "theme"?
(a) The car.
(c) The family dog.
(d) The family Bible.
9. What is said of Jarvis's age?
(a) He is in his fifties.
(b) His age hangs on him like an old coat.
(c) His age is not mentioned.
(d) He is in his forties.
10. Ian says that Dafydd directed a "really awful production" of what musical?
(a) Sound of Music.
(c) Guys and Dolls.
11. What bad news does Dafydd announce toward the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Crispin has disappeared.
(b) The man playing Matt the Mint has dropped out.
(c) The orchestra cannot possibly be ready by opening day.
(d) Linda has physically assaulted Bridget.
12. How is Bridget introduced in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) As Dafydd's best actress.
(b) As Jarvis's mistress.
(c) As the bar's owner.
(d) As the bartender's daughter.
13. What does Dafydd suggest Guy should do be more like his initial character?
(a) Wear an eye patch.
(b) Practice walking.
(c) Wear looser clothing.
(d) Be more aggressive.
14. What does the director do after the curtain has fallen in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Tells everyone to go home.
(b) Calls the cast back to the stage.
(c) Claps his hands in elation.
(d) Makes a speech.
15. Who is singing while sitting at the piano in the corner of the bar?
(a) Mr. Ames.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guy try to talk to Dafydd about after Dafydd's outburst at Ted?
2. After Guy's audition, the cast members agree that Guy should play what character?
3. How does Hannah congratulate Guy on his promotion to a new character?
4. Who is Fay's husband?
5. What did Jarvis say he was forced to do when he didn't practice his craft?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)