|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guy drinking at the bar?
(a) A gin and tonic.
(b) A beer.
(c) A mixed drink.
2. What happens to the protagonist in the play taking place in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is betrayed for money and sent to prison.
(b) He has risen above his station in life and married a rich woman.
(c) He is condemned to walk the plank.
(d) He has saved many people in his short, sad life.
3. What does the person who interrupts Guy's conversation with the woman at the bar say about Guy?
(a) He must be popular.
(b) He must be married.
(c) He must be Scottish.
(d) He must be crazy.
4. How does Dafydd describe the owner of the bar?
(a) A cantankerous old chap.
(b) A meek and mild man in his sixties.
(c) A sweet old man.
(d) A broken down drunk.
5. What do the changing lights indicate at the end of the performance?
(a) That it is intermission.
(b) That there will be an encore.
(c) That it is last call.
(d) The curtain has fallen for the final time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the performance's director?
2. What is the mood between Hannah and Guy after they first meet and talk?
3. What is the name of the protagonist in the play being performed in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is the song about that the person sitting at the piano in the bar is singing?
5. Dafydd says that everything in the Llewellyn house is ______________.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)