|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dafydd's children do when he has been away too long?
(a) Cry and act out.
(b) Pretend a large male doll is Dafydd.
(c) Call him every day and beg him to come home.
(d) Draw happy pictures of the family to hang on the wall.
2. What is Bridget carrying when she first meets Guy?
(a) A piece of furniture.
(b) An empty platter.
(c) A script.
(d) An elaborately decorated basket.
3. Where does Guy work?
4. What is said of Jarvis's age?
(a) His age hangs on him like an old coat.
(b) He is in his fifties.
(c) He is in his forties.
(d) His age is not mentioned.
5. Who is playing the lead in The Beggar's Opera?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reads the opening speech during the first rehearsal of The Beggar's Opera?
2. After Guy's audition, the cast members agree that Guy should play what character?
3. What does the ringing of the bell in the bar signify?
4. How does Dafydd describe the owner of the bar?
5. Why does Dafydd invite Guy to his home after the bar closes?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)