|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Crispin and Bridget do after Bridget closes the bar?
(a) Jell-O shots.
(b) Kiss passionately.
(c) Sit down and talk.
(d) Leave separately.
2. Who is Fay's husband?
3. What happens when Guy opens his mouth to begin his audition song?
(a) His voice emerges clear and strong.
(b) Dafydd starts singing the song.
(c) No sound comes out.
(d) He chokes and asks to begin again.
4. How does Dafydd describe the owner of the bar?
(a) A cantankerous old chap.
(b) A broken down drunk.
(c) A sweet old man.
(d) A meek and mild man in his sixties.
5. What do the changing lights indicate at the end of the performance?
(a) That it is last call.
(b) The curtain has fallen for the final time.
(c) That there will be an encore.
(d) That it is intermission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reads the opening speech during the first rehearsal of The Beggar's Opera?
2. Who flirts with Guy at the bar?
3. What is said of Jarvis's age?
4. Who are Linda's parents?
5. What was the fate of the play's main character as explained in the beginning of the book?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)