|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Guy finishes singing his audition piece?
(a) He begins laughing uncontrollably.
(b) The director begins shouting at him.
(c) Everyone applauds.
(d) The room falls quiet.
2. What is the name of the play being performed by the characters of A Chorus of Disapproval?
(b) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
(c) The Beggar's Opera.
(d) Jesus Christ Superstar.
3. Who reads the opening speech during the first rehearsal of The Beggar's Opera?
(b) Mr. Ames.
4. What was the fate of the play's main character as explained in the beginning of the book?
(a) She was abused as a child and became an abuser herself.
(b) She was sent to an orphanage but worked her way up.
(c) He was raised as a pirate's first mate.
(d) He was condemned to death and later reprieved.
5. What do the changing lights indicate at the end of the performance?
(a) The curtain has fallen for the final time.
(b) That it is last call.
(c) That there will be an encore.
(d) That it is intermission.
Short Answer Questions
1. After watching his audition, how do the women of the company describe Guy?
2. What is the first thing learned about the protagonist in the play being performed?
3. What is Dafydd's reaction to his own performance during Guy's audition?
4. What happens to Guy at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What is the occupation of the protagonist in the play being performed by the troupe?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)