|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jarvis say he was forced to do when he didn't practice his craft?
(a) Eat a pile of sawdust.
(b) Find a new job.
(c) Buy a round of drinks for his co-workers.
(d) Take a lesser role.
2. Who gets into a physical confrontation in the bar?
(a) Crispin and Bridget.
(b) Mr. Ames and Jarvis.
(c) Crispin and Guy.
(d) Dafydd and Ted.
3. Who reads the opening speech during the first rehearsal of The Beggar's Opera?
(b) Mr. Ames.
4. What does Hannah say about Guy when Dafydd tells her what character he has chosen for Guy?
(a) That Guy is too masculine to play that character.
(b) That Guy is too quiet to play that character.
(c) That Guy is too big to play that character.
(d) That Guy is too handsome to play that character.
5. What is the song about that the person sitting at the piano in the bar is singing?
(c) War and sorrow.
(d) Wine and women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women do in response to Dafydd's stage direction in the scene between Crispin and Guy?
2. What does Hannah do while the men are discussing Guy's character?
3. Who is Hannah?
4. What is Bridget carrying when she first meets Guy?
5. Where does Guy say his wife is?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)