* The play opens with the final scene of John Gay's 1728 satirical play, The Beggar's Opera, being performed by the members of the Pendon Amateur Light Opera Society.
* The Beggar's Opera tells the story of MacHeath, a petty thief who is engaged to one woman and married to another. He is betrayed for money, sentenced to death, and eventually reprieved.
* MacHeath, played by Guy Jones, stands center stage, surrounded by the other actors in the play. They are performing the final scene.
* When the scene is over and the curtain falls, Dafydd Llewellyn, the director, makes a speech thanking many people without naming them specifically.
* Dafydd does single out Guy Jones and says that the play would have never happened without him.
* Hannah, the woman who plays MacHeath's wife, Polly, enters after everyone leaves the stage. She is bringing Guy his street clothes.
* Hannah congratulates Guy and...
This section contains 2,159 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)