|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, where is it said that the first episode of Expedition Survival was filmed?
2. In Chapter 5, what is Derek wearing when he is on the balcony of his hotel room?
3. In Chapter 11, what does Mickey paddle to meet up with the air boat?
4. What does Derek offer to pay Mickey and Wahoo a day for four days in the Everglades?
5. Where is Derek staying in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what is revealed about how Mickey became fascinated with creatures?
2. In Chapter 1, what happened to put Mickey Cray out of work?
3. How does Wahoo get Beulah the python to let go of his father?
4. In Chapter 1, where does Wahoo's mother go and why?
5. In Chapter 1, how does Wahoo remember losing a thumb?
6. Who is the guy that runs the souvenir shop where Expedition Survival has their base and what is known about him?
7. At the end of Chapter 10, where is Derek staying and how will he get back and forth for the filming?
8. In Chapter 10, what does Tuna know about animals?
9. How did Derek Badger become the star of Expedition Survival?
10. In Chapter 11, why does Mickey laugh when the air boat stops and points out a bull gator?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wahoo comes of age in the novel. What circumstances and situations help Wahoo grow and mature? In what ways is Wahoo more mature at the end of the novel than the beginning?
Essay Topic 2
Tuna’s father goes to great efforts to get his daughter back, but he does not treat her well. How would you describe the relationship between Tuna and her father? Why do they have such a love/hate relationship?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses comic relief in Chapters 21-24. What tense situations are occurring in Chapters 21-24? What are some situations that Derek gets into? How do Derek’s actions bring comic relief to scenes that are otherwise extremely tense?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)