• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Hiaasen, Carl, Chomp, Alfred A. Knopf, 2012.
• In Chapter 1, Mickey Cray is an animal wrangler who has been out of work since he was hit on the head by a frozen iguana and suffered a concussion.
• Now he has headaches and double vision.
• Mickey’s son is named Wahoo, after Wahoo McDaniel, a professional wrestler and football player.
• People expect someone named Wahoo to be loud and crazy, but that is not Wahoo’s personality.
• He plans to change his name when he is older.
• While Mickey recovers, Wahoo refers jobs to other wranglers.
• Wahoo takes care of Mickey’s alligators, snakes, parrots, mice, monkeys, and more.
• The family is struggling to survive without Mickey’s income, so Wahoo’s mother Susan, takes a job in China teaching Mandarin Chinese to American businessmen.
This section contains 8,994 words
(approx. 30 pages at 300 words per page)