|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Victor say he planed to get his mother out of his life forever in the last flash back chapter?
2. What is in the device Victor and Denny push?
3. What are people bringing Denny at the end of the book?
4. Who leaves a message on Victor's answering machine?
5. What does Victor finally choke on at the police station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Victor tells Ida he knows about being Jesus?
2. What happens when the police show up to arrest Victor for rape?
3. How does Victor's rape of Gwen end?
4. Why is Victor on television?
5. What does Ursula say about Denny while she and Victor are fooling around in the shed?
6. Why does Denny's wall fall?
7. What does Ida say about Victor's love life?
8. How does Ida Mancini die?
9. What are Gwen's ground rules for Victor to rape her?
10. What is Victor's relationship with Tanya?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ida teaches Victor the important lessons he won't learn in any school. Analyze the lessons Ida teaches Victor.
a. What are the lessons Ida teaches Victor?
b. Why does she say her lessons are important?
c. How have these lessons helped Victor?
d. How have the lessons hurt Victor?
Essay Topic 2
Insanity is a common theme in Choke. In what ways are the following people insane? Use specific examples from the book for each.
Essay Topic 3
Ida and Paige are often seen together, and Paige is the only character other than Victor to have a relationship with Ida.
a. How does Ida see their relationship?
b. How does Paige see their relationship?
c. How does Victor see their relationship?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)