|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Victor have sex with in a janitor's closet?
2. What is in the device Victor and Denny push?
3. How does Victor look on camera?
4. What does Victor finally choke on at the police station?
5. What happens when the officer squeezes Victor around the waste and hits him on the back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Ida dies?
2. What does Victor do to make himself choke at the police station?
3. What is different about Victor's encounter with Leeza after he is told he has divine origins than his other encounters with her?
4. Why are Victor and Denny walking around the neighborhood in Chapter 26?
5. How does Paige respond when Victor asks her if she is believing all this stuff about him being the second coming of Christ?
6. Describe how Victor makes an ear candle, and how he says it works.
7. What happens when the police officer pounds Victor on the back?
8. What are Gwen's ground rules for Victor to rape her?
9. What does Victor find the second time he searches the security monitors?
10. How does Victor and Denny's first encounter go at the site where Denny is building a wall of stones?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gwen asks Victor to rape her, but she has a long list of ground rules.
a. What does Victor do that Gwen doesn't want him to do while raping her?
b. Compare and contrast Victor's idea of rape with Gwen's.
Essay Topic 2
Chuck Palahniuk is known for his minimalist writing. Discuss each of the following devises in the context of how it contributed to literary minimalism.
a. Palahniuk's use of "See also: . . . " For example, "See also: Hypothermia. See also: Typhoid Fever."
b. Palahniuk also uses the phrase " . . . is not the right word, but it's the first word to come to mind" frequently in Choke.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the irony of why Victor and Denny went to the strip club.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)