|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which number best represents the number of names in Victor's "Hero Book?"
2. What does Dr. Marshall say when Victor tells her he is a recovering sex addict?
3. What does Dr. Marshall tell Victor is true if he believes in the Holy Trinity?
4. What does Victor feed his mother in the hospital?
5. Who does Dr. Marshall say Ida Mancini believes Victor is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What aspects does Victor take into consideration when selecting a restaurant?
2. What causes Victors mother to say to Victor, "Oh, blessed Father. Holy Father. Oh, please forgive me?"
3. Discuss Victor's Mother's insecurities when she picked him up from the mall.
4. What is Victor's opinion of his mother's well-being?
5. What is Victor's opinion of his divine origins at first?
6. Why would the narrator of the book start by saying not to read the book? What does this suggest about the narrator?
7. What happens when Victor is questioned at the police station as a boy?
8. In what case does Dr. Marshall tell Victor that he may be his own father?
9. What happens when Mrs. Tsunimitsu recognizes Victor as someone her son saved from choking?
10. Describe Victor's relationship with his mother.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Victor wants to know who his father is, so Paige Marshall reads his mother's diary.
a. What does Paige tell Victor the Diary says about him?
b. In what ways does Victor reject this news?
c. In what ways does Victor embrace this news?
Essay Topic 2
Victor believes he is the second coming of Jesus Christ at one point in the novel.
a. Why does Victor believe this?
b. What is Victor's initial response to this?
c. What is his response after he's had time to think about it?
d. Why does his outlook change?
Essay Topic 3
Ida and Paige are often seen together, and Paige is the only character other than Victor to have a relationship with Ida.
a. How does Ida see their relationship?
b. How does Paige see their relationship?
c. How does Victor see their relationship?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)