|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor want Denny to do at St. Anthony's?
2. What is the name of the doctor the narrator meets in the hall?
3. Why does the narrator go to the church?
4. What is Denny actually carrying when he comes to Victor's house?
5. What does Victor tell Denny is the reason Dr. Marshall wants to have sex with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Victor's opinion of his mother's well-being?
2. What aspects does Victor take into consideration when selecting a restaurant?
3. What does Victor do when the girl leaves the front desk at St. Anthony's?
4. Describe Victor's relationship with Nico.
5. Why does Paige Marshall assume Victor is not attracted to her?
6. What does Ida do while walking around neighborhoods to get high for free?
7. Why does Victor say that Colonial Dunsboro and St. Anthony's are both trapped in the past?
8. Discuss Victor's Mother's insecurities when she picked him up from the mall.
9. What does the narrator mean when he says everyone at Colonial Dunsboro is addicted to something?
10. In what case does Dr. Marshall tell Victor that he may be his own father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Victor chokes on food to get the money he needs to keep his mother in a hospital.
a. Analyze the irony of Victor's choking.
b. Compare and contrast Victor's first experience with choking as a boy as it is told at the beginning of the book to how it is told at the end of the book.
Essay Topic 2
When Victor is denying to himself the possibility of being the second coming of Christ, he set out to do things Jesus would not do.
a. What activities does Victor engage in that he thinks Jesus would not?
b. Why does Victor likely pick these activities specifically?
Essay Topic 3
Victor's first sexual experience is described in Chapter 40.
a. What happens in Victor's first sexual experience? Where is he? How does it happen?
b. What does Tracy get upset with Victor about?
c. According to Victor's therapy, what is the significance of this event?
d. How does this event lead to Victor's addiction?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)