|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Denny get put in the stocks at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) He has a tattoo.
(b) He has a bald head.
(c) He has a goatee.
(d) He has a night club stamp on his hand.
2. Who does Victor admit to wanting to have sex with in Chapter 10?
(a) Paige Marshall.
(c) Mrs. Novak.
3. Why does Victor go to see Dr. Marshall in Chapter 22?
(a) To learn more about the procedure.
(b) To have sex.
(c) To learn what was in his mother's diary.
(d) He can't stop thinking about her.
4. What does Victor tell Dr. Marshall he really wants?
(a) Someone who can speak Italian.
(b) His mother to die.
(c) His mother to live.
(d) His mother returned to normal.
5. Why does the narrator say this book was written?
(a) Because he was bored.
(b) As a dare from a friend.
(c) To save people.
(d) As part of a twelve-step program.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator claim all of his co-workers are addicted to?
2. What color ink does Victor use to cross out the restaurants he has visited already?
3. In Chapter 9, in which department is Dr. Ward paged to meet his wife?
4. What is the name of the patient that accuses Victor of being her older brother who raped her?
5. What is the narrator's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Victor know about Paige Marshall in the first part of this book?
2. Why would the narrator of the book start by saying not to read the book? What does this suggest about the narrator?
3. Discuss Victor's Mother's insecurities when she picked him up from the mall.
4. Explain the connection Victor makes in Chapter 15 when he and his mother are in the stalled car and the pornography he saw as a child.
5. What does the narrator mean when he says everyone at Colonial Dunsboro is addicted to something?
6. Explain Victor's "Hero Book."
7. What happens when Victor meets Paige Marshal in the chapel?
8. What aspects does Victor take into consideration when selecting a restaurant?
9. Why does Denny have a rock when he arrives at Victor's house?
10. What is Victor's opinion of his mother's well-being?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)