|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the only thing to remain constant in his life as he moved from foster home to foster home?
(a) His friends.
(b) The internet.
(d) His mother.
2. Why does Denny get put in the stocks at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) He has a goatee.
(b) He has a tattoo.
(c) He has a night club stamp on his hand.
(d) He has a bald head.
3. In Chapter 9, in which department is Dr. Ward paged to meet his wife?
(a) Children's cloths.
4. What did Victor and Ida hear on the radio?
(a) An announcement about their car.
(b) Their favorite song.
(c) A coded message that means a terrorist attack.
(d) A baseball game.
5. What does Victor tell Dr. Marshall he really wants?
(a) His mother returned to normal.
(b) His mother to die.
(c) His mother to live.
(d) Someone who can speak Italian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say this book was written?
2. Where does the narrator go with the woman he meets at the church instead of the meeting room?
3. What does Ida Mancini drink when walking through neighborhoods?
4. Where did Ida Mancini come from?
5. When does Dr. Marshall say Victor's mother went delusional?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ida do while walking around neighborhoods to get high for free?
2. What does Victor do to make himself choke at the police station?
3. What does Victor do to try and learn his mother's secret?
4. Why would the narrator of the book start by saying not to read the book? What does this suggest about the narrator?
5. What happens when the police show up to arrest Victor for rape?
6. Why does Paige Marshall assume Victor is not attracted to her?
7. What do we learn about Victor's relationship with his mother during the final flashback chapter?
8. Why does Denny have a rock when he arrives at Victor's house?
9. What happens when Victor is questioned at the police station as a boy?
10. Describe Victor waiting for Gwen.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)