|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Denny say he is collecting the objects he collects?
(a) He loves rocks.
(b) He needs something to do.
(c) He wants to build a church.
(d) For each day he is "sober."
2. When does Dr. Marshall say Victor's mother went delusional?
(a) She's not; she's faking it.
(b) Before Victor was born.
(c) More recently than she thought.
(d) She was born that way.
3. Why does Victor say he wants his mother to stay alive?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He needs her money.
(c) He needs to know who his father is.
(d) He wants her to be dependent on him.
4. What keeps the patients on the ward at St. Anthony's?
(b) A magnetic bracelet.
(c) They are too incapacitated to find the door.
5. What does Dr. Marshall say when Victor tells her he is a recovering sex addict?
(a) She thinks he is disgusting .
(b) He will have to begin his recovery tomorrow.
(c) She finds that attractive.
(d) That he has to leave the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator go to the church?
2. What does Victor tell Dr. Marshall he really wants?
3. What did Victor ask when he was taken to the police station as a boy and was questioned about the location of his mother?
4. Why does Denny say he's carrying the object he brings to Victor's house?
5. What does Victor mess with at the front desk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Victor's opinion of his divine origins at first?
2. Why does Denny have a rock when he arrives at Victor's house?
3. Why does Victor force himself to choke on his dinner?
4. When Paige Marshall tells Victor she can restore his mother to the way she used to be, he says, "God forbid." Why would he say that?
5. What did Victor like so well about the pornography he found as a boy of the man with the monkey?
6. Why would the narrator of the book start by saying not to read the book? What does this suggest about the narrator?
7. What happens when Mrs. Tsunimitsu recognizes Victor as someone her son saved from choking?
8. What are Victor and Denny each doing at the strip club?
9. What happens when Victor meets Paige Marshal in the chapel?
10. Why does Paige Marshall assume Victor is not attracted to her?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)