|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Victor go to see Dr. Marshall in Chapter 22?
(a) To have sex.
(b) He can't stop thinking about her.
(c) To learn what was in his mother's diary.
(d) To learn more about the procedure.
2. Why does Victor say he wants his mother to stay alive?
(a) He needs to know who his father is.
(b) He needs her money.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He wants her to be dependent on him.
3. What does Victor want Denny to do at St. Anthony's?
(a) Pretend to be him.
(b) Distract the nurses so he can have time with Paige Marshall.
(c) Kill his mother.
(d) Sneak his mother out.
4. What does Victor tell Denny his mother has?
(a) Increased appetite.
(b) A big secret.
(d) Restored memory.
5. When does Dr. Marshall say Victor's mother went delusional?
(a) Before Victor was born.
(b) She was born that way.
(c) More recently than she thought.
(d) She's not; she's faking it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ida Mancini come from?
2. Why does Victor's mother say they will have 30 days of adventure?
3. What does Victor tell Dr. Marshall he really wants?
4. What was Victor's signal from his mother when he was a boy in school?.
5. Who wrote the advertisement that Denny shows Victor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mrs. Tsunimitsu recognizes Victor as someone her son saved from choking?
2. When Paige Marshall tells Victor she can restore his mother to the way she used to be, he says, "God forbid." Why would he say that?
3. What causes Victors mother to say to Victor, "Oh, blessed Father. Holy Father. Oh, please forgive me?"
4. Explain Victor's "Hero Book."
5. Why would the narrator of the book start by saying not to read the book? What does this suggest about the narrator?
6. What is Victor's opinion of his divine origins at first?
7. Explain some of the codes that Ida tells Victor are the important lessons in life.
8. What does the newspaper advertisement say that Denny shows Victor?
9. Describe Victor's relationship with his mother.
10. In what case does Dr. Marshall tell Victor that he may be his own father?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)