|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor say to the patient that accuses him of being her older brother who raped her?
(a) "Yes, I did it."
(b) "I hope you liked it."
(c) "Buzz off."
(d) "Bother someone else."
2. Many times, how does Victor pick a restaurant?
(a) The first one alphabetically.
(b) Randomly dropping his finger.
(c) He picks the most expensive one.
(d) He lets Denny decide.
3. Why does the narrator say this book was written?
(a) As part of a twelve-step program.
(b) To save people.
(c) Because he was bored.
(d) As a dare from a friend.
4. What does Victor initially think Denny is holding when he arrives at Victor's house the first time?
(a) A snake.
(b) A baby.
(c) A rock.
(d) A gun.
5. What does Victor tell Denny is the reason Dr. Marshall wants to have sex with him?
(a) She wants to take the baby back to her future to cure a plague.
(b) She can use the fetus to restore his mother's mind.
(c) Her husband is sterile, and she likes Victor.
(d) She thinks he is attractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl the narrator meets at the church?
2. Where does the narrator go with the woman he meets at the church instead of the meeting room?
3. Why does Dr. Marshall assert that Victor does not want his "old" mother back?
4. In Chapter 12, what is Victor trying to decide?
5. Why does Victor take Dr. Marshall to the chapel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Victor do when the girl leaves the front desk at St. Anthony's?
2. Describe Victor's relationship with Nico.
3. Explain some of the codes that Ida tells Victor are the important lessons in life.
4. Why does Paige Marshall assume Victor is not attracted to her?
5. What does Victor know about Paige Marshall in the first part of this book?
6. What does the newspaper advertisement say that Denny shows Victor?
7. What is Victor's opinion of his mother's well-being?
8. What aspects does Victor take into consideration when selecting a restaurant?
9. Describe the conversation Victor and Paige have the first time they see each other after Victor runs out on Paige at the chapel.
10. Why does Victor force himself to choke on his dinner?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)