|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Victor ask when he was taken to the police station as a boy and was questioned about the location of his mother?
(a) She is at their secret house.
(b) To go to the bathroom.
(c) He hasn't seen her.
(d) She moved out of the country.
2. When Victor visits his mother in Chapter 3, who does she think he is?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her old lawyer.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her brother.
3. What does Ida Mancini say her goal in life is while walking through neighborhoods with Victor?
(a) Raise Victor to be smart.
(b) Uncomplicate herself.
(c) Stay in America.
(d) Finish medical school.
4. What is the name of the patient that accuses Victor of being her older brother who raped her?
5. Why does Victor's mother say they will have 30 days of adventure?
(a) That is all she wants to see him for.
(b) That is when her credit cards will run out.
(c) She is going to take him back to his foster mother.
(d) That is when she expects the cops to catch her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother do when she has the boy get out of the bus?
2. What did Victor and Ida hear on the radio?
3. Where in the church is the narrator's meeting held?
4. What is the name of the doctor the narrator meets in the hall?
5. Where is the narrator's friend when he is first introduced?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Victor's relationship with Nico.
2. Explain some of the codes that Ida tells Victor are the important lessons in life.
3. What happens when Mrs. Tsunimitsu recognizes Victor as someone her son saved from choking?
4. Why does Victor admit to raping Eva?
5. What does Ida do while walking around neighborhoods to get high for free?
6. What happens when Victor is questioned at the police station as a boy?
7. What does Victor do when the girl leaves the front desk at St. Anthony's?
8. What is Victor's opinion of his mother's well-being?
9. When Paige Marshall tells Victor she can restore his mother to the way she used to be, he says, "God forbid." Why would he say that?
10. Describe the conversation Victor and Paige have the first time they see each other after Victor runs out on Paige at the chapel.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)