|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What connection does Victor make about Colonial Dunsboro and St. Anthony's?
(a) They're both full of crazy people.
(b) They're both full of junkies.
(c) They're both waiting to die.
(d) They're both trapped in the past.
2. Why does Denny say he is collecting the objects he collects?
(a) He loves rocks.
(b) For each day he is "sober."
(c) He needs something to do.
(d) He wants to build a church.
3. Where does Denny tell Victor he will find the answers he seeks?
(a) His mother's diary.
(b) That Paige Marshall knows.
(c) In the immigration records at the library.
(d) He won't find them. His mother has forgotten everything.
4. What does Dr. Marshall tell Victor is true if he believes in the Holy Trinity?
(a) That the bible does not mention it.
(b) That he is his own father.
(c) That church is a waste of time.
(d) That he will be saved.
5. Why does the narrator say this book was written?
(a) Because he was bored.
(b) To save people.
(c) As a dare from a friend.
(d) As part of a twelve-step program.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the advertisement that Denny shows Victor?
2. What does Victor say to the patient that accuses him of being her older brother who raped her?
3. What is the narrator's name?
4. What does the doctor tell the Victor that his mother needs if she is going to live?
5. Why does Dr. Marshall assert that Victor does not want his "old" mother back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the newspaper advertisement say that Denny shows Victor?
2. What does Ida do while walking around neighborhoods to get high for free?
3. Why does Victor say that Colonial Dunsboro and St. Anthony's are both trapped in the past?
4. What happens when Victor is questioned at the police station as a boy?
5. What aspects does Victor take into consideration when selecting a restaurant?
6. What does Victor do to try and learn his mother's secret?
7. Describe the conversation Victor and Paige have the first time they see each other after Victor runs out on Paige at the chapel.
8. What is Victor's opinion of his divine origins at first?
9. What happens when Victor meets Paige Marshal in the chapel?
10. Explain the connection Victor makes in Chapter 15 when he and his mother are in the stalled car and the pornography he saw as a child.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)