|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, in which department is Dr. Ward paged to meet his wife?
(b) Children's cloths.
2. What do the letters that Ida Mancini got arrested for mailing relate to?
(a) Sexually transmitted diseases.
(c) A death in the family.
(d) Car insurance.
3. Why does the narrator go to the church?
(a) Cancer support meeting.
(b) Sex addict meeting.
(c) Alcohol Anonymous meeting.
(d) Tuberculosis support meeting.
4. Who wrote the advertisement that Denny shows Victor?
(a) Victor's mother.
(b) Denny's parents.
(c) Denny's sponsor.
(d) Paige Marshall.
5. What does Victor's mother tell Paige Marshall parenthood is?
(a) A beautiful thing.
(b) A waste of time.
(d) The opiate of the masses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor tell Dr. Marshall he really wants?
2. What does Victor say to Mrs. Tsunimitsu?
3. What did Ida Mancini tell Victor when he asked about his grandparents?
4. When does Dr. Marshall say Victor's mother went delusional?
5. Why does Victor's mother say they will have 30 days of adventure?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the connection Victor makes in Chapter 15 when he and his mother are in the stalled car and the pornography he saw as a child.
2. Why does Victor say that Colonial Dunsboro and St. Anthony's are both trapped in the past?
3. What causes Victors mother to say to Victor, "Oh, blessed Father. Holy Father. Oh, please forgive me?"
4. What happens when Victor is questioned at the police station as a boy?
5. What is Victor's opinion of his mother's well-being?
6. What does Ida do while walking around neighborhoods to get high for free?
7. What aspects does Victor take into consideration when selecting a restaurant?
8. In what case does Dr. Marshall tell Victor that he may be his own father?
9. Why does Victor admit to raping Eva?
10. Why does Victor force himself to choke on his dinner?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)