|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the patient that accuses Victor of being her older brother who raped her?
2. What does Victor feed his mother in the hospital?
(d) Chocolate pudding.
3. What does Victor say to Mrs. Tsunimitsu?
(a) Thank you.
(b) Your son is a great man.
(c) She is a lunatic.
(d) I hope you choke.
4. Why does Denny get put in the stocks at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) He has a night club stamp on his hand.
(b) He has a bald head.
(c) He has a goatee.
(d) He has a tattoo.
5. When Victor and Denny visit the strip club, what is Denny doing?
(a) Trying to pick up women.
(b) Casually watching.
(c) Examining the women as a doctor would.
(d) Sketching the dancers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Marshall say when Victor tells her he is a recovering sex addict?
2. Why does Victor take Dr. Marshall to the chapel?
3. What piece of illegal contraband does Denny bring to work to show Victor?
4. What is the name of the narrator's friend?
5. In Chapter 12, what is Victor trying to decide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Victor meets Paige Marshal in the chapel?
2. What does Victor do to try and learn his mother's secret?
3. What did Victor like so well about the pornography he found as a boy of the man with the monkey?
4. Why would the narrator of the book start by saying not to read the book? What does this suggest about the narrator?
5. In what case does Dr. Marshall tell Victor that he may be his own father?
6. What does the narrator mean when he says everyone at Colonial Dunsboro is addicted to something?
7. What happens when Victor is questioned at the police station as a boy?
8. What does the newspaper advertisement say that Denny shows Victor?
9. Describe Victor's relationship with his mother.
10. Why does Victor say that Colonial Dunsboro and St. Anthony's are both trapped in the past?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)