|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator go to visit his mother?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A mental hospital.
(c) Her place of employment.
(d) Her house.
2. What connection does Victor make about Colonial Dunsboro and St. Anthony's?
(a) They're both full of crazy people.
(b) They're both full of junkies.
(c) They're both trapped in the past.
(d) They're both waiting to die.
3. What does the narrator say to do with this book in the first line?
(a) Don't bother reading it.
(b) Buy it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Steal it and give it to a friend.
4. What does Paige Marshall ask Victor about their earlier encounter in the chapel?
(a) Why he ran away.
(b) If he enjoyed it.
(c) If he wanted to do it again.
(d) If he believed she could save his mother.
5. What does the narrator claim all of his co-workers are addicted to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Victor tell his mother he is at the end of Chapter 10?
2. What does Victor's mother tell Paige Marshall parenthood is?
3. What piece of illegal contraband does Denny bring to work to show Victor?
4. What does Dr. Marshall tell Victor she can do?
5. What does Victor say to Mrs. Tsunimitsu?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Victors mother to say to Victor, "Oh, blessed Father. Holy Father. Oh, please forgive me?"
2. Why does Victor force himself to choke on his dinner?
3. Explain Victor's "Hero Book."
4. Why does Denny have a rock when he arrives at Victor's house?
5. When Paige Marshall tells Victor she can restore his mother to the way she used to be, he says, "God forbid." Why would he say that?
6. What is Victor's opinion of his mother's well-being?
7. What is Victor's opinion of his divine origins at first?
8. Why does Paige Marshall assume Victor is not attracted to her?
9. Describe Victor's relationship with Nico.
10. What does Victor know about Paige Marshall in the first part of this book?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)