|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Victor and Ida hear on the radio?
(a) A baseball game.
(b) Their favorite song.
(c) A coded message that means a terrorist attack.
(d) An announcement about their car.
2. What does Victor say to Paige Marshall's offer the second time they meet?
(a) "Of course."
(b) "No way."
(c) "God forbid."
(d) "When can you do it?"
3. When does Dr. Marshall say Victor's mother went delusional?
(a) More recently than she thought.
(b) Before Victor was born.
(c) She was born that way.
(d) She's not; she's faking it.
4. What is the name of the doctor the narrator meets in the hall?
(a) Olive Greene.
(b) Gen Willis
(c) Marla Singer.
(d) Paige Marshall.
5. Who wrote the advertisement that Denny shows Victor?
(a) Denny's parents.
(b) Victor's mother.
(c) Paige Marshall.
(d) Denny's sponsor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Marshall assert that Victor does not want his "old" mother back?
2. When Victor and Denny visit the strip club, what is Denny doing?
3. What is the name of the patient that accuses Victor of being her older brother who raped her?
4. What does Victor tell his mother when she asks how he is doing?
5. Who does Victor go to the restaurant with the first time he is shown choking as an adult?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would the narrator of the book start by saying not to read the book? What does this suggest about the narrator?
2. Discuss Victor's Mother's insecurities when she picked him up from the mall.
3. Why does Victor admit to raping Eva?
4. What does the newspaper advertisement say that Denny shows Victor?
5. What is Victor's opinion of his divine origins at first?
6. How is Denny's rock collecting going by the middle of the book?
7. What does Victor say when Denny asks him if he had sex on the alter with Dr. Marshall?
8. Why does Paige Marshall assume Victor is not attracted to her?
9. Describe the conversation Victor and Paige have the first time they see each other after Victor runs out on Paige at the chapel.
10. How does Victor and Denny's first encounter go at the site where Denny is building a wall of stones?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)