|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Denny get put in the stocks at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) He has a tattoo.
(b) He has a bald head.
(c) He has a night club stamp on his hand.
(d) He has a goatee.
2. What does the narrator claim all of his co-workers are addicted to?
3. Where does the narrator go to visit his mother?
(a) Her place of employment.
(b) A mental hospital.
(c) Her house.
(d) A restaurant.
4. Why does Victor choke himself?
(a) To make money.
(b) To make enemies.
(c) To make friends.
(d) To get a free meal.
5. What does Ida Mancini drink when walking through neighborhoods?
(a) Soda from cans she finds in the trash.
(d) Beer left for slugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Denny say he is collecting the objects he collects?
2. Who does Victor admit to wanting to have sex with in Chapter 10?
3. What color ink does Victor use to cross out the restaurants he has visited already?
4. What does Denny ask Victor if he can do after showing Victor the advertisement?
5. What does Dr. Marshall tell Victor she can do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Victor admit to raping Eva?
2. Why would the narrator of the book start by saying not to read the book? What does this suggest about the narrator?
3. Why does Denny have a rock when he arrives at Victor's house?
4. What happens when Victor meets Paige Marshal in the chapel?
5. Explain the connection Victor makes in Chapter 15 when he and his mother are in the stalled car and the pornography he saw as a child.
6. Why does Paige Marshall assume Victor is not attracted to her?
7. Describe the conversation Victor and Paige have the first time they see each other after Victor runs out on Paige at the chapel.
8. Why does Victor say that Colonial Dunsboro and St. Anthony's are both trapped in the past?
9. What did Victor like so well about the pornography he found as a boy of the man with the monkey?
10. What does Ida do while walking around neighborhoods to get high for free?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)