|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor tell the Victor that his mother needs if she is going to live?
(b) A liver replacement.
(c) Brain surgery.
(d) A feeding tube.
2. Why does Victor say he wants his mother to stay alive?
(a) He needs her money.
(b) He wants her to be dependent on him.
(c) He needs to know who his father is.
(d) He loves her.
3. Where does the narrator go to visit his mother?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A mental hospital.
(c) Her place of employment.
(d) Her house.
4. What does the mother do when she has the boy get out of the bus?
(a) She drives away.
(b) She yells at him for forgetting his lunch.
(c) She traces his shadow.
(d) She walks him to school.
5. Why does the narrator say he goes to the meetings at the church?
(a) He is ordered to by the court.
(b) It's cheaper than a movie.
(c) Contacts, tips, and techniques.
(d) To get over his problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ida Mancini tell Victor when he asked about his grandparents?
2. What is the name of the narrator's friend?
3. In Chapter 9, in which department is Dr. Ward paged to meet his wife?
4. What is the name of the doctor the narrator meets in the hall?
5. What does the narrator claim all of his co-workers are addicted to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation Victor and Paige have the first time they see each other after Victor runs out on Paige at the chapel.
2. What is Victor's opinion of his divine origins at first?
3. Why does Victor force himself to choke on his dinner?
4. Describe Victor's relationship with Nico.
5. Why would the narrator of the book start by saying not to read the book? What does this suggest about the narrator?
6. What does the narrator mean when he says everyone at Colonial Dunsboro is addicted to something?
7. What is Victor's opinion of his mother's well-being?
8. What does the newspaper advertisement say that Denny shows Victor?
9. Explain some of the codes that Ida tells Victor are the important lessons in life.
10. What happens when Victor meets Paige Marshal in the chapel?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)