|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor tell one of the women dancers at the strip club?
(a) She should stop dying her hair.
(b) Her mole is probably cancerous.
(c) Smoking will give her lung cancer.
(d) She is beautiful.
2. Where does the narrator go to visit his mother?
(a) A mental hospital.
(b) Her place of employment.
(c) Her house.
(d) A restaurant.
3. What does Victor say to Paige Marshall's offer the second time they meet?
(a) "No way."
(b) "When can you do it?"
(c) "God forbid."
(d) "Of course."
4. According to Paige Marshall, what was stolen from under the priest's bed?
(a) Holy water.
(b) A stash of wine.
(c) An ancint foreskin.
(d) A nude magazine.
5. What does Denny ask Victor if he can do after showing Victor the advertisement?
(a) If Victor loves Dr. Marshall.
(b) If Denny can move into Victor's mother's house.
(c) If Victor can cover one of his shifts at work.
(d) To borrow some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps the patients on the ward at St. Anthony's?
2. Which number best represents the number of names in Victor's "Hero Book?"
3. What does the narrator claim all of his co-workers are addicted to?
4. What is Denny actually carrying when he comes to Victor's house?
5. When Victor visits the hospital in Chapter 8, where is his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Victor do to try and learn his mother's secret?
2. What does Ida do while walking around neighborhoods to get high for free?
3. What does the narrator mean when he says everyone at Colonial Dunsboro is addicted to something?
4. What causes Victors mother to say to Victor, "Oh, blessed Father. Holy Father. Oh, please forgive me?"
5. Why does Victor admit to raping Eva?
6. What happens when Victor meets Paige Marshal in the chapel?
7. Explain Victor's "Hero Book."
8. What does Victor do when the girl leaves the front desk at St. Anthony's?
9. Why would the narrator of the book start by saying not to read the book? What does this suggest about the narrator?
10. What are Victor and Denny each doing at the strip club?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)