|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Dr. Marshall say Victor's mother went delusional?
(a) She's not; she's faking it.
(b) Before Victor was born.
(c) She was born that way.
(d) More recently than she thought.
2. What was Victor's signal from his mother when he was a boy in school?.
(a) His dental appointment is canceled.
(b) To meet in the cosmetic department.
(c) At the store they ask for quarters at checkout stand five.
(d) He hears "The Blue Danube Waltz."
3. What is the name of the patient that accuses Victor of being her older brother who raped her?
4. When Victor visits the hospital in Chapter 8, where is his mother?
(a) The chapel.
(b) The shower.
(d) Her new room.
5. What is the name of the doctor the narrator meets in the hall?
(a) Paige Marshall.
(b) Marla Singer.
(c) Olive Greene.
(d) Gen Willis
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people that save Victor's life send him?
2. What does Victor feed his mother in the hospital?
3. What did Ida Mancini tell Victor when he asked about his grandparents?
4. When Victor visits his mother in Chapter 3, who does she think he is?
5. What color ink does Victor use to cross out the restaurants he has visited already?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Victor say that Colonial Dunsboro and St. Anthony's are both trapped in the past?
2. Describe Victor's relationship with his mother.
3. What did Victor like so well about the pornography he found as a boy of the man with the monkey?
4. When Paige Marshall tells Victor she can restore his mother to the way she used to be, he says, "God forbid." Why would he say that?
5. What does Victor know about Paige Marshall in the first part of this book?
6. What happens when Victor meets Paige Marshal in the chapel?
7. Describe Victor's relationship with Nico.
8. Explain some of the codes that Ida tells Victor are the important lessons in life.
9. Why would the narrator of the book start by saying not to read the book? What does this suggest about the narrator?
10. Discuss Victor's Mother's insecurities when she picked him up from the mall.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)