Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor say to the patient that accuses him of being her older brother who raped her?
(a) "Yes, I did it."
(b) "I hope you liked it."
(c) "Bother someone else."
(d) "Buzz off."
2. What does the narrator claim all of his co-workers are addicted to?
3. What does Dr. Marshall tell Victor she can do?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Have him admitted as a patient.
(c) Save his mother.
(d) Move his mother to a different floor.
4. Where does the narrator go to visit his mother?
(a) Her place of employment.
(b) Her house.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A mental hospital.
5. What does Dr. Marshall say when Victor tells her he is a recovering sex addict?
(a) She thinks he is disgusting .
(b) He will have to begin his recovery tomorrow.
(c) That he has to leave the hospital.
(d) She finds that attractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Denny tell Victor he will find the answers he seeks?
2. Why does Victor take Dr. Marshall to the chapel?
3. Who does Victor go to the restaurant with the first time he is shown choking as an adult?
4. In Chapter 9, where is Victor when he is reunited with his mother?
5. What does the narrator say is the only thing to remain constant in his life as he moved from foster home to foster home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do we learn about Victor's relationship with his mother during the final flashback chapter?
2. Discuss Victor's Mother's insecurities when she picked him up from the mall.
3. What is Victor's relationship with Tanya?
4. What causes Victors mother to say to Victor, "Oh, blessed Father. Holy Father. Oh, please forgive me?"
5. What did Victor like so well about the pornography he found as a boy of the man with the monkey?
6. What does Ida do while walking around neighborhoods to get high for free?
7. Why is Victor on television?
8. Explain some of the codes that Ida tells Victor are the important lessons in life.
9. Why does Paige Marshall assume Victor is not attracted to her?
10. How does Victor and Denny's first encounter go at the site where Denny is building a wall of stones?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)