|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ida Mancini say her goal in life is while walking through neighborhoods with Victor?
(a) Raise Victor to be smart.
(b) Finish medical school.
(c) Uncomplicate herself.
(d) Stay in America.
2. What does Victor say to the patient that accuses him of being her older brother who raped her?
(a) "Buzz off."
(b) "Bother someone else."
(c) "I hope you liked it."
(d) "Yes, I did it."
3. What does Victor want Denny to do at St. Anthony's?
(a) Sneak his mother out.
(b) Kill his mother.
(c) Pretend to be him.
(d) Distract the nurses so he can have time with Paige Marshall.
4. Why does Victor's mother say they will have 30 days of adventure?
(a) That is when her credit cards will run out.
(b) She is going to take him back to his foster mother.
(c) That is when she expects the cops to catch her.
(d) That is all she wants to see him for.
5. What does Victor choke on the first time he is shown choking as an adult?
(b) Hot dog.
6. Why does the narrator say this book was written?
(a) To save people.
(b) Because he was bored.
(c) As part of a twelve-step program.
(d) As a dare from a friend.
7. Who wrote the advertisement that Denny shows Victor?
(a) Paige Marshall.
(b) Denny's parents.
(c) Victor's mother.
(d) Denny's sponsor.
8. What does Victor say to Mrs. Tsunimitsu?
(a) Thank you.
(b) She is a lunatic.
(c) I hope you choke.
(d) Your son is a great man.
9. What does the mother do when she has the boy get out of the bus?
(a) She traces his shadow.
(b) She drives away.
(c) She yells at him for forgetting his lunch.
(d) She walks him to school.
10. What is Denny actually carrying when he comes to Victor's house?
(a) A rock.
(b) A baby.
(c) A snake.
(d) A gun.
11. How old is Ida Mancini revealed to be?
12. What is the name of the narrator's friend?
13. Many times, how does Victor pick a restaurant?
(a) Randomly dropping his finger.
(b) He lets Denny decide.
(c) He picks the most expensive one.
(d) The first one alphabetically.
14. What does Victor say to Paige Marshall's offer the second time they meet?
(a) "God forbid."
(b) "No way."
(c) "Of course."
(d) "When can you do it?"
15. What is the narrator's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator go to visit his mother?
2. What does Victor feed his mother in the hospital?
3. What does Victor tell Dr. Marshall he really wants?
4. When does Dr. Marshall say Victor's mother went delusional?
5. Who does Paige Marshall say has told her about Victor's sexual encounters?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)