|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paige Marshall ask Victor about their earlier encounter in the chapel?
(a) Why he ran away.
(b) If he enjoyed it.
(c) If he wanted to do it again.
(d) If he believed she could save his mother.
2. Who does Victor go to the restaurant with the first time he is shown choking as an adult?
(a) Paige Marshall.
(d) His mother.
3. When does Dr. Marshall say Victor's mother went delusional?
(a) More recently than she thought.
(b) She's not; she's faking it.
(c) She was born that way.
(d) Before Victor was born.
4. Where is the narrator's friend when he is first introduced?
(a) In the stocks.
(b) In the cabin.
(c) On his way to work.
(d) In the barn.
5. Why does Denny say he is collecting the objects he collects?
(a) He loves rocks.
(b) For each day he is "sober."
(c) He needs something to do.
(d) He wants to build a church.
6. Why does Victor choke himself?
(a) To make money.
(b) To get a free meal.
(c) To make enemies.
(d) To make friends.
7. What did Ida Mancini tell Victor when he asked about his grandparents?
(a) "They don't need to know about him."
(b) "They don't care about him."
(c) "They're dead."
(d) "They don't speak English."
8. What piece of illegal contraband does Denny bring to work to show Victor?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A crack pipe.
(d) A joint.
9. What does Dr. Marshall say when Victor tells her he is a recovering sex addict?
(a) She finds that attractive.
(b) That he has to leave the hospital.
(c) He will have to begin his recovery tomorrow.
(d) She thinks he is disgusting .
10. In Chapter 12, what is Victor trying to decide?
(a) What restaurant he wants to go to.
(b) When to quit his job.
(c) When to visit his mother.
(d) How to see Paige Marshall outside of St. Anthony's.
11. Why does the narrator say he goes to the meetings at the church?
(a) It's cheaper than a movie.
(b) He is ordered to by the court.
(c) To get over his problem.
(d) Contacts, tips, and techniques.
12. What does Victor tell his mother when she asks how he is doing?
(a) "I don't know who Victor is."
(b) "He's killing himself."
(c) "You don't want to know."
13. What do the people that save Victor's life send him?
(a) Threatening letters.
(b) Birthday cards.
(c) Family photos.
(d) Party invitations.
14. What does Victor's mother tell Paige Marshall parenthood is?
(a) A waste of time.
(b) A beautiful thing.
(c) The opiate of the masses.
15. Why does Dr. Marshall assert that Victor does not want his "old" mother back?
(a) She is too strong for him.
(b) She abused him.
(c) He does not love her.
(d) He is selfish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ida Mancini revealed to be?
2. Where in the church is the narrator's meeting held?
3. What does the narrator recreate at his job?
4. What does Victor tell one of the women dancers at the strip club?
5. When Victor visits the hospital in Chapter 8, where is his mother?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)