|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Victor ask when he was taken to the police station as a boy and was questioned about the location of his mother?
(a) She is at their secret house.
(b) He hasn't seen her.
(c) She moved out of the country.
(d) To go to the bathroom.
2. What does Paige Marshall ask Victor about their earlier encounter in the chapel?
(a) If he believed she could save his mother.
(b) Why he ran away.
(c) If he enjoyed it.
(d) If he wanted to do it again.
3. Why does Dr. Marshall assert that Victor does not want his "old" mother back?
(a) She abused him.
(b) He does not love her.
(c) He is selfish.
(d) She is too strong for him.
4. What does Victor say about himself in Chapter 24?
(a) He is Jesus.
(b) He is not a nice person.
(c) He is a great man.
(d) He just wants to help people.
5. Where did Ida Mancini come from?
6. What does Victor choke on the first time he is shown choking as an adult?
(d) Hot dog.
7. What does the narrator recreate at his job?
(a) The Revolutionary War.
(b) The Gettysburg Addres.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) 18th century America.
8. Where is the narrator's friend when he is first introduced?
(a) In the stocks.
(b) On his way to work.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In the cabin.
9. When Victor visits his mother in Chapter 3, who does she think he is?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her old lawyer.
(d) Her brother.
10. Who does Paige Marshall say has told her about Victor's sexual encounters?
(a) The women from his support groups.
(b) The nurses.
(c) His mother.
11. What does the patient wear at the end of the chapter where Denny and Victor go to St. Anthony's?
(a) Denny's jacket.
(b) Denny's pants.
(c) Denny's shoes.
(d) Denny's shirt.
12. What does Denny ask Victor if he can do after showing Victor the advertisement?
(a) If Victor loves Dr. Marshall.
(b) If Denny can move into Victor's mother's house.
(c) If Victor can cover one of his shifts at work.
(d) To borrow some money.
13. Who does Victor go to the restaurant with the first time he is shown choking as an adult?
(a) Paige Marshall.
(d) His mother.
14. Why does the narrator go to the church?
(a) Tuberculosis support meeting.
(b) Cancer support meeting.
(c) Alcohol Anonymous meeting.
(d) Sex addict meeting.
15. What is the name of the girl the narrator meets at the church?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paige Marshall, where did Ida Mancini get pregnant?
2. What did Ida Mancini tell Victor when he asked about his grandparents?
3. What does Dr. Marshall tell Victor she can do?
4. What does Victor say to Paige Marshall's offer the second time they meet?
5. What was Victor's signal from his mother when he was a boy in school?.
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)