|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, where is Victor when he is reunited with his mother?
(a) The mall.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A drug store.
(d) The grocery store.
2. Why does the narrator go to the church?
(a) Alcohol Anonymous meeting.
(b) Cancer support meeting.
(c) Sex addict meeting.
(d) Tuberculosis support meeting.
3. When does Dr. Marshall say Victor's mother went delusional?
(a) Before Victor was born.
(b) She was born that way.
(c) She's not; she's faking it.
(d) More recently than she thought.
4. In Chapter 12, what is Victor trying to decide?
(a) When to quit his job.
(b) How to see Paige Marshall outside of St. Anthony's.
(c) When to visit his mother.
(d) What restaurant he wants to go to.
5. What does Dr. Marshal want to do with Victor?
(a) Take a DNA sample from him.
(b) Help him get his mother into home care.
(c) Murder Ida Mancini.
(d) Have sex with him.
6. Why does Denny say he is collecting the objects he collects?
(a) He needs something to do.
(b) For each day he is "sober."
(c) He loves rocks.
(d) He wants to build a church.
7. Many times, how does Victor pick a restaurant?
(a) The first one alphabetically.
(b) He picks the most expensive one.
(c) Randomly dropping his finger.
(d) He lets Denny decide.
8. In what state did Ida Mancini go to medical school?
(d) New York.
9. Who does Victor tell his mother he is at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) His father.
(b) Eva's brother.
10. Who does Victor go to the restaurant with the first time he is shown choking as an adult?
(b) His mother.
(d) Paige Marshall.
11. What does the doctor tell the Victor that his mother needs if she is going to live?
(a) A feeding tube.
(c) Brain surgery.
(d) A liver replacement.
12. What does Dr. Marshall tell Victor she can do?
(a) Save his mother.
(b) Have him admitted as a patient.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Move his mother to a different floor.
13. What does Victor want Denny to do at St. Anthony's?
(a) Pretend to be him.
(b) Distract the nurses so he can have time with Paige Marshall.
(c) Sneak his mother out.
(d) Kill his mother.
14. Why does Dr. Marshall assert that Victor does not want his "old" mother back?
(a) She abused him.
(b) She is too strong for him.
(c) He does not love her.
(d) He is selfish.
15. Why does Victor say he wants his mother to stay alive?
(a) He needs her money.
(b) He wants her to be dependent on him.
(c) He needs to know who his father is.
(d) He loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor tell Denny is the reason Dr. Marshall wants to have sex with him?
2. What does Dr. Marshall tell Victor is true if he believes in the Holy Trinity?
3. When Victor and Denny visit the strip club, what is Denny doing?
4. Why does Denny get put in the stocks at the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. What does Victor tell one of the women dancers at the strip club?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)