|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the advertisement that Denny shows Victor?
(a) Denny's parents.
(b) Paige Marshall.
(c) Victor's mother.
(d) Denny's sponsor.
2. What does Victor initially think Denny is holding when he arrives at Victor's house the first time?
(a) A rock.
(b) A baby.
(c) A gun.
(d) A snake.
3. Why does Dr. Marshall assert that Victor does not want his "old" mother back?
(a) She is too strong for him.
(b) She abused him.
(c) He does not love her.
(d) He is selfish.
4. Many times, how does Victor pick a restaurant?
(a) He lets Denny decide.
(b) Randomly dropping his finger.
(c) He picks the most expensive one.
(d) The first one alphabetically.
5. What does Paige Marshall offer to do for Victor the second time he meets her?
(a) Move in with him.
(b) Have his mother transfered to a better hospital.
(c) Have sex with him.
(d) Restore his mother's mind.
6. How old is Ida Mancini revealed to be?
7. Why does the narrator say this book was written?
(a) Because he was bored.
(b) As part of a twelve-step program.
(c) To save people.
(d) As a dare from a friend.
8. What does Victor tell Denny is the reason Dr. Marshall wants to have sex with him?
(a) She thinks he is attractive.
(b) She wants to take the baby back to her future to cure a plague.
(c) Her husband is sterile, and she likes Victor.
(d) She can use the fetus to restore his mother's mind.
9. Where does the narrator go with the woman he meets at the church instead of the meeting room?
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The women's bathroom.
(d) The bus stop.
10. When does Dr. Marshall say Victor's mother went delusional?
(a) She was born that way.
(b) She's not; she's faking it.
(c) Before Victor was born.
(d) More recently than she thought.
11. Why does Victor choke himself?
(a) To make friends.
(b) To make enemies.
(c) To make money.
(d) To get a free meal.
12. What does Ida Mancini drink when walking through neighborhoods?
(a) Soda from cans she finds in the trash.
(c) Beer left for slugs.
13. What color ink does Victor use to cross out the restaurants he has visited already?
14. What is the name of the narrator's friend?
15. What do the letters that Ida Mancini got arrested for mailing relate to?
(a) Sexually transmitted diseases.
(b) A death in the family.
(c) Car insurance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Victor ask when he was taken to the police station as a boy and was questioned about the location of his mother?
2. What does Denny do when he and Victor get to St. Anthony's?
3. What keeps the patients on the ward at St. Anthony's?
4. What piece of illegal contraband does Denny bring to work to show Victor?
5. Who does Victor tell his mother he is at the end of Chapter 10?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)