|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ida Mancini tell Victor when he asked about his grandparents?
(a) "They're dead."
(b) "They don't need to know about him."
(c) "They don't speak English."
(d) "They don't care about him."
2. What does the mother do when she has the boy get out of the bus?
(a) She yells at him for forgetting his lunch.
(b) She traces his shadow.
(c) She walks him to school.
(d) She drives away.
3. What does Victor say to Paige Marshall's offer the second time they meet?
(a) "No way."
(b) "Of course."
(c) "When can you do it?"
(d) "God forbid."
4. What was Victor's signal from his mother when he was a boy in school?.
(a) At the store they ask for quarters at checkout stand five.
(b) He hears "The Blue Danube Waltz."
(c) His dental appointment is canceled.
(d) To meet in the cosmetic department.
5. Why does the narrator say this book was written?
(a) As part of a twelve-step program.
(b) As a dare from a friend.
(c) Because he was bored.
(d) To save people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say to do with this book in the first line?
2. What does Victor choke on the first time he is shown choking as an adult?
3. What does Victor say to the patient that accuses him of being her older brother who raped her?
4. Who does Victor go to the restaurant with the first time he is shown choking as an adult?
5. Where in the church is the narrator's meeting held?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)