|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the siblings nickname the room where Little Sister and Fourth Brother live?
2. Why does Wu Chun-mei beg Adeline to come to her house?
3. How old is Adeline when she leaves her home and is separated from her Aunt Baba?
4. To whom will Big Sister be married?
5. Where is Adeline dropped off?
Essay Topic 1
In the beginning of the novel, Adeline says that to believe in one single positive dream is more important than a thousand negative realities. Do you think that Adeline lives this way as a child? Why or why not? What positive things happen to Adeline to counterbalance all of her negative instances? Name three positive things that happen to Adeline and how you feel they affected her.
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail how the international playwriting competition Adeline enters significantly transforms her life.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the title of the book closely matches with Adeline's own life. In what ways are the two stories the same? In what ways are they different?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)