|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers that Niang learns about the gift that Big Sister is hiding from her?
2. How does the family get to the new house in Hong Kong?
3. What two things does Father forget about Adeline?
4. What is the name of the ship they are sailing on?
5. What does Big Sister do to keep her gift from Grand Aunt?
Essay Topic 1
What role does Ye Ye play in the life of Adeline? What lessons does he teach her? What does he and Nai Nai represent for her? Write a complete essay outlining the various ways that Nai Nai and Ye Ye both contribute to Adeline's life and her understanding of the world at large.
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail how the international playwriting competition Adeline enters significantly transforms her life.
Essay Topic 3
Adeline's "egg-less" state while at Sacred Heart is symbolic of her life and lifestyle during this time. Using the eggs as a symbol, describe and explain Adeline's life while at the school.
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)