Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the siblings nickname the room where Little Sister and Fourth Brother live?
2. Why does Wu Chun-mei beg Adeline to come to her house?
3. How old is Adeline when she leaves her home and is separated from her Aunt Baba?
4. To whom will Big Sister be married?
5. Where is Adeline dropped off?
Adeline's "egg-less" state while at Sacred Heart is symbolic of her life and lifestyle during this time. Using the eggs as a symbol, describe and explain Adeline's life while at the school.
Compare and contrast Adeline's life with the Shilling family to her everyday life with Niang and Father.
In the beginning of the novel, Adeline says that to believe in one single positive dream is more important than a thousand negative realities. Do you think that Adeline lives this way as a child? Why or why not? What positive things happen to Adeline to counterbalance all of her negative instances? Name three positive things that happen to Adeline and how you feel they affected her.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)