Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the siblings nickname the room where Little Sister and Fourth Brother live?
2. Why does Wu Chun-mei beg Adeline to come to her house?
3. How old is Adeline when she leaves her home and is separated from her Aunt Baba?
4. To whom will Big Sister be married?
5. Where is Adeline dropped off?
Essay Topic 1
Adeline believes her siblings never forgive her for the death of their mother. Cite specific examples that demonstrate her siblings' dislike of her and instances where they break from their typical treatment of her.
Essay Topic 2
There is great political upheaval during Adeline's childhood. Name two instances where Adeline's life is affected by the political environment and how she responds to these instances.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between Ye Ye and Father, his son. Using the King Lear reference as a guide, describe Ye Ye's position in the family compared to how many Asians view and revere their older family members. Compare and contrast the "typical" grandfather - father relationship and household position versus the one given to Ye Ye in the novel.
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)