|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the siblings nickname the room where Little Sister and Fourth Brother live?
2. Why does Wu Chun-mei beg Adeline to come to her house?
3. How old is Adeline when she leaves her home and is separated from her Aunt Baba?
4. To whom will Big Sister be married?
5. Where is Adeline dropped off?
Essay Topic 1
The role of school and education plays a huge part in Adeline's life. Choose three educational institutions that Adeline attends. Describe each one and relate how school became a saving place and significant part of Adeline's world.
Essay Topic 2
Niang treats her own children vastly different from Adeline and her siblings. Choose two siblings in addition to Adeline and describe how Niang treats them in specific situations. Compare and contrast her treatment of these characters to Little Brother and Little Sister. What, according to your personal thoughts, are her motivations for treating these children differently?
Essay Topic 3
There are many definitions of family outside of a person's blood relatives. Does Adeline experience a family relationship in other instances in the novel? Name and cite specific examples.
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)