|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets her at her door when she returns home?
2. Which one of these people is not on the journey to Hong Kong?
3. Who does Adeline eat dinner with on Christmas Day?
4. What pact do Adeline and her two friends make to each other?
5. How many people attend Big Sister's wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of abandonment is profound in this novel. Name three times where Adeline feels abandoned by her family and how she handles the situation.
Essay Topic 2
Niang treats her own children vastly different from Adeline and her siblings. Choose two siblings in addition to Adeline and describe how Niang treats them in specific situations. Compare and contrast her treatment of these characters to Little Brother and Little Sister. What, according to your personal thoughts, are her motivations for treating these children differently?
Essay Topic 3
Adeline's "egg-less" state while at Sacred Heart is symbolic of her life and lifestyle during this time. Using the eggs as a symbol, describe and explain Adeline's life while at the school.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)