Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the siblings nickname the room where Little Sister and Fourth Brother live?
2. Why does Wu Chun-mei beg Adeline to come to her house?
3. How old is Adeline when she leaves her home and is separated from her Aunt Baba?
4. To whom will Big Sister be married?
5. Where is Adeline dropped off?
What is the significance of the safe deposit box that Aunt Baba keeps? What does it symbolize for both her and Adeline? Describe the box, including its contents and explain its role in Adeline's life.
Explain why the title of the book closely matches with Adeline's own life. In what ways are the two stories the same? In what ways are they different?
Examine the relationship between Ye Ye and Father, his son. Using the King Lear reference as a guide, describe Ye Ye's position in the family compared to how many Asians view and revere their older family members. Compare and contrast the "typical" grandfather - father relationship and household position versus the one given to Ye Ye in the novel.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)