|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adeline give Wu Chen-mei before she leaves?
(a) A hug.
(b) Her phone number.
(c) A small paper bird.
(d) A poem.
2. What does Father tell her when he returns home?
(a) That she is no longer allowed in their home.
(b) That she is worthless.
(c) That she can return to Wu Chen-mei's house.
(d) That she and Aunt Baba will have to be separated.
3. How does the family decide which child will sleep on the cot?
(a) They play rocks, paper, scissors.
(b) They give it to the boy, Victor.
(c) They draw lots.
(d) They let the oldest child, Victor, have it.
4. Who is the only person to greet Adeline?
(a) Aunt Baba.
(c) Ye Ye.
(d) Little Sister.
5. How does Adeline sneak over to Wu Chun-mei's house?
(a) She skips school.
(b) There is a school holiday and she pretends to go to school, but goes to Wu Chen-mei's house instead.
(c) She sneaks out of the house without Niang seeing her.
(d) She feigns sickness and leaves school to go to Wu Chen-mei's house instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people attend Big Sister's wedding?
2. What two things does Father forget about Adeline?
3. Why is Adeline suddenly panic-stricken when Ah Sun knocks on her door?
4. To whom will Big Sister be married?
5. Who greets her at her door when she returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the political situation when Adeline boards the plane for Tianjin.
2. Describe what happens when Adeline arrives home for lunch.
3. How does Adeline finally leave St. Joseph's?
4. How is it decided who will sleep on the cots on the China Star?
5. What are some of the activities the children play while on the ship?
6. Describe Adeline's outing with Fourth Brother and Niang, including its final destination for her.
7. Which Shakespeare play does Adeline have an emotional reaction to during class and why?
8. Describe what happens shortly after Adeline returns home after winning the class presidency.
9. What does Adeline attribute her victory to?
10. Summarize Adeline's speech as a class president nominee.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)