|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise does Adeline make in her speech?
(a) That she comes from an abusive, broken family.
(b) That Wu Chen-mei should really be the president.
(c) That her mother is dead.
(d) That she refuses to lead her class.
2. What do the siblings nickname the room where Little Sister and Fourth Brother live?
(a) Little Holy.
(c) The antechamber.
(d) Little Dominion.
3. How old is Adeline when she leaves her home and is separated from her Aunt Baba?
(a) Eight years old.
(b) Thirteen years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Ten years old.
4. What is Adeline supposed to be afraid of?
(a) Being left alone.
(b) Being attacked by the nuns in the school.
(c) Being left behind by her parents.
(d) The Communists coming into Tianjin and persecuting everyone at the school.
5. Which languages are highlighted in Hong Kong?
(a) French and Chinese.
(b) English and Chinese.
(c) English and Spanish.
(d) French and English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ye Ye go every morning at eight o'clock?
2. Who nearly plays a trick on Ye Ye?
3. What is Adeline's favorite part of the ship?
4. What book is Adeline reading when she is surprised by her classmate and her mother in the library?
5. Which one of these people is not on the journey to Hong Kong?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)