|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Big Sister when she is married?
2. How much older is Big Sister's future husband than she?
(a) Twice her age.
(b) Two years older.
(c) Thirty years older.
(d) Ten years older.
3. Who discovers that Niang learns about the gift that Big Sister is hiding from her?
(a) Aunt Baba.
(b) Big Sister.
(c) Little Sister.
4. Where does Father and Niang take Adeline?
(a) Hong Kong.
5. What food does Adeline long for, but rejects as a mistake when she receives it?
(a) A piece of French toast.
(b) A croissant.
(c) An apple.
(d) An egg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the family decide which child will sleep on the cot?
2. Hong Kong is a ______ colony at the time Adeline lives there.
3. How many people attend Big Sister's wedding?
4. Why does Adeline have to leave?
5. Who is the most popular girl in school for her wealth and brains?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Adeline's speech as a class president nominee.
2. Describe what happens with the wedding gifts that arrive at the house.
3. Describe the scene when the Shilling family and Adeline arrive at the Shanghai household.
4. Describe the scene at Big Sister's wedding.
5. Describe the room where Adeline is left when she arrives at St. Joseph's.
6. How does Adeline finally leave St. Joseph's?
7. Why does Adeline reject the egg she is finally given? What reason does she give for not eating it?
8. Describe Adeline's outing with Fourth Brother and Niang, including its final destination for her.
9. Which Shakespeare play does Adeline have an emotional reaction to during class and why?
10. Describe the political situation when Adeline boards the plane for Tianjin.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)