|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is Wu Chen-mei about to receive?
(a) A pug.
(b) A duckling.
(c) A fish.
(d) A bird.
2. Who sleeps in the bed next to Adeline at her new location?
(a) Wu Chen-mei.
(c) No one.
3. Who discovers that Niang learns about the gift that Big Sister is hiding from her?
(a) Big Sister.
(b) Little Sister.
(c) Aunt Baba.
4. What book is Adeline reading when she is surprised by her classmate and her mother in the library?
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) King Lear.
(d) Moby Dick.
5. What does Adeline do during a reading of King Lear in class?
(a) She bursts out crying.
(b) She plugs her ears and begins to hum.
(c) She screams and runs out of the room.
(d) She falls asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Father and Niang take Adeline?
2. What does Aunt Reine surprise the family with when she arrives?
3. What does Adeline give Wu Chen-mei before she leaves?
4. How does Adeline feel after winning the class presidency?
5. What plans does Niang have for Big Sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Adeline realizes Niang has learned about the secret gift from Grand Aunt.
2. Why does Adeline reject the egg she is finally given? What reason does she give for not eating it?
3. Describe what happens shortly after Adeline returns home after winning the class presidency.
4. Summarize Adeline's speech as a class president nominee.
5. How do the students treat Adeline the next day at school after Niang's outrage?
6. How is Adeline finally able to attend Wu Chen-mei's birthday party?
7. Describe the room where Adeline is left when she arrives at St. Joseph's.
8. What are some of the activities the children play while on the ship?
9. Describe Adeline's outing with Fourth Brother and Niang, including its final destination for her.
10. How is it decided who will sleep on the cots on the China Star?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)