|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person at home who Adeline tells of her victory?
(a) Ye Ye.
(d) Aunt Baba.
2. How does the family get to the new house in Hong Kong?
(a) By taxi.
(b) By Father's large black Cadillac.
(c) By walking.
(d) By a rickshaw.
3. What two things does Father forget about Adeline?
(a) Her favorite pet and her birthday.
(b) Her birthday and her age.
(c) Her Chinese name and her birthday.
(d) Her favorite pet and her Chinese name.
4. What does Adeline wish with all her heart as she stays in her room?
(a) That she could run away.
(b) That she would be adopted by Wu Chen-mei's family.
(c) That she had never returned home.
(d) That she would be Jackie and Jackie would be her.
5. Which one of these things is NOT handed out to the class by Adeline's rival, Chen Lei-lei?
(a) Dragon eyes.
(b) Beef jerky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pact do Adeline and her two friends make to each other?
2. How many people attend Big Sister's wedding?
3. Who meets them at the airport?
4. Who does Adeline eat dinner with on Christmas Day?
5. Why is Adeline put in classes with younger students?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Father react to the situation?
2. Describe the scene when the Shilling family and Adeline arrive at the Shanghai household.
3. Describe what happens with the wedding gifts that arrive at the house.
4. Summarize Adeline's speech as a class president nominee.
5. Describe what happens shortly after Adeline returns home after winning the class presidency.
6. Describe Adeline's outing with Fourth Brother and Niang, including its final destination for her.
7. What are some of the activities the children play while on the ship?
8. What does Adeline fantasize about at night?
9. How is it decided who will sleep on the cots on the China Star?
10. Describe the scene as all of the boarders leave for the holidays.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)