|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Adeline suddenly panic-stricken when Ah Sun knocks on her door?
(a) She warns Adeline that Niang has discovered that she won the class presidency.
(b) There has been an accident with her Father.
(c) Her friends from school are downstairs asking for her and Niang and her Father are home.
(d) Ah Sun warns her that Niang is about to take her out of school and send her far away.
2. Which one of these people is not on the journey to Hong Kong?
(a) Aunt Reine.
3. What food does Adeline long for, but rejects as a mistake when she receives it?
(a) A croissant.
(b) An egg.
(c) A piece of French toast.
(d) An apple.
4. Hong Kong is a ______ colony at the time Adeline lives there.
5. How much older is Big Sister's future husband than she?
(a) Twice her age.
(b) Two years older.
(c) Thirty years older.
(d) Ten years older.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Father and Niang take Adeline?
2. To whom will Big Sister be married?
3. What does Father tell her when he returns home?
4. Why does a classmate mysteriously assign her egg to Adeline?
5. Where do the Shillings travel after they leave Hong Kong?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Adeline discover Big Sister's impending nuptials?
2. Describe the scene when the Shilling family and Adeline arrive at the Shanghai household.
3. Describe what happens with the wedding gifts that arrive at the house.
4. What does Adeline attribute her victory to?
5. Describe what happens shortly after Adeline returns home after winning the class presidency.
6. Describe the political situation when Adeline boards the plane for Tianjin.
7. Which Shakespeare play does Adeline have an emotional reaction to during class and why?
8. How does November 30th become Adeline birthday date?
9. Describe the scene as all of the boarders leave for the holidays.
10. What does Adeline fantasize about at night?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)