|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person to greet Adeline?
(a) Aunt Baba.
(b) Little Sister.
(c) Ye Ye.
2. Who is the first person at home who Adeline tells of her victory?
(a) Ye Ye.
(b) Aunt Baba.
3. What book is Adeline reading when she is surprised by her classmate and her mother in the library?
(a) King Lear.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Moby Dick.
4. Why is the next school day very special?
(a) It is an election day for class president.
(b) It is a school holiday.
(c) It is the Chinese New Year.
(d) It is Adeline's birthday.
5. How does the family decide which child will sleep on the cot?
(a) They play rocks, paper, scissors.
(b) They draw lots.
(c) They let the oldest child, Victor, have it.
(d) They give it to the boy, Victor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Big Sister receive from her Grand Aunt?
2. What food does Adeline long for, but rejects as a mistake when she receives it?
3. How does Adeline feel after winning the class presidency?
4. Where is Adeline dropped off?
5. Which one of these things is NOT handed out to the class by Adeline's rival, Chen Lei-lei?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens shortly after Adeline returns home after winning the class presidency.
2. Describe the room where Adeline is left when she arrives at St. Joseph's.
3. Describe Adeline's outing with Fourth Brother and Niang, including its final destination for her.
4. Describe what happens with the wedding gifts that arrive at the house.
5. How is it decided who will sleep on the cots on the China Star?
6. What is Adeline's initial punishment from Niang and what does Adeline wish for?
7. Describe the scene at Big Sister's wedding.
8. Describe the political situation when Adeline boards the plane for Tianjin.
9. How is Adeline finally able to attend Wu Chen-mei's birthday party?
10. How does Adeline finally leave St. Joseph's?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)