|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Father want to test Jackie?
(a) To see if his expensive training is working.
(b) To punish Adeline.
(c) To see if he is a violent dog.
(d) To prove that the dog is smart.
2. Why does Adeline realize that she is all alone and no one is looking out for her?
(a) She has no friends in the new city.
(b) Her Aunt Baba warns her of this.
(c) Her father tells her this.
(d) No one realized she hadn't returned home from school.
3. What does Adeline's family call her?
(a) Mu Wei
(b) Adi We Mui
(c) Wu Mei
(d) Ade Me Wui
4. What grade is Adeline in at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Third grade.
(c) First grade.
(d) Second grade.
5. Who nearly runs into Niang, listening covertly outside the bedroom door?
(a) Second Brother.
(c) Big Sister.
(d) Third Brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the new tutor-nanny who gives Big Sister the creeps?
2. What do the children receive for the Chinese New Year?
3. How many other siblings does Adeline have at the time of her mother's death?
4. What does Big Brother suggest they do with PLT instead of burying it?
5. Why is Third Brother not traveling with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Little Sister react to Niang when she finally arrives in Shanghai and how does Niang respond?
2. Why were Nai Nai's feet bound in such a way?
3. How does Nai Nai die?
4. Describe Adeline's relationship with PLT.
5. Who does Father remarry after their mother dies?
6. Describe Adeline's new home in Shanghai.
7. How does Adeline acquire food for PLT?
8. Describe how the children plot against Niang and the final result of their actions.
9. Describe PLT's death.
10. Where is Adeline's mother?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)