|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Adeline been in school at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Two months.
(d) One month.
2. Where do they bury PLT?
(a) In the corner of the garden.
(b) Under a large rock.
(c) Under Jackie's food bowls.
(d) Under a magnolia tree in the backyard.
3. What is the name of the dog that greets the children and what type of dog is he?
(a) Jermaine is a German Shepard.
(b) Jackie is a German Shepard.
(c) Mickey is a Pit Bull.
(d) Jackie is a Doberman Pincher.
4. How much younger is Niang than Adeline's father?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Fourteen years.
5. What is the name of the new tutor-nanny who gives Big Sister the creeps?
(a) Miss Chien.
(b) Miss Nei.
(c) Miss Chu.
(d) Miss Fei.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets them as they walk into their new home?
2. Why does Adeline not like to sit next to Second Brother?
3. What does Niang demand from the children in exchange for tram fare?
4. What do the children receive for the Chinese New Year?
5. How long after Adeline's mother dies does her father remarry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Little Sister react to Niang when she finally arrives in Shanghai and how does Niang respond?
2. How does Adeline remember her phone number?
3. Where does Ye Ye take Adeline, Big Sister, Big Brother and Second Brother six weeks after Nai Nai's funeral?
4. Describe Adeline's new home in Shanghai.
5. What does Adeline do that Niang says she will never forgive?
6. Describe Adeline's relationship with PLT.
7. Describe how the children plot against Niang and the final result of their actions.
8. Why were Nai Nai's feet bound in such a way?
9. Who does Father remarry after their mother dies?
10. What mysteriously happens shortly after the Japanese start to look for Father at his house?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)