|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Grandmother Nai Nai in pain at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) She has broken her arm.
(b) She has broken her hip.
(c) Her feet were bound as a child, causing her never-ending pain.
(d) She has broken her back.
2. Which floor is where Father, Niang and her two children have their rooms?
(a) The third floor.
(b) The first floor.
(c) The second floor.
(d) The fourth floor.
3. Who comes to get Adeline after she is lost after school?
(a) Big Sister.
(c) Second Brother.
(d) Her father.
4. What does Aunt Baba notice about Adeline as soon as she gets home from school?
(a) She cut her hair.
(b) She has torn her dress, which will infuriate her stepmother.
(c) She has gotten into a fight.
(d) She has a silver medal dangling from her uniform.
5. From where does Adeline call home after getting lost after school?
(a) A brothel.
(b) A glass shop.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A friend's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the brothers' haircuts much worse than the sisters'?
2. How much younger is Niang than Adeline's father?
3. What injury does Big Sister have?
4. What does Adeline's family call her?
5. How old was Little Sister the last time she saw Niang?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aunt Baba say that she would like a job?
2. Who does Father remarry after their mother dies?
3. How do Second Brother and Big Sister react to Adeline's medal at the dinner table?
4. Where does Ye Ye take Adeline, Big Sister, Big Brother and Second Brother six weeks after Nai Nai's funeral?
5. Name three ways that Father and Niang institute their austerity program towards Adeline and her siblings (excluding Little Brother and Little Sister).
6. Why does Father give her a map and why is it significant?
7. Why does Niang become enraged after Aunt Baba brings up the subject of money at the dinner table?
8. Describe Adeline's relationship with PLT.
9. How does Little Sister react to Niang when she finally arrives in Shanghai and how does Niang respond?
10. What does Adeline realize is somehow related to the new hierarchy of her family since Nai Nai's death?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)