|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person who cannot give in to beg for tram fare from Niang?
(a) Second Brother.
(b) Big Sister.
(d) Third Brother.
2. How many fruit pieces does Adeline receive?
3. How old is Adeline's stepmother, Niang, when she marries Adeline's father?
4. Which one of these family members does not live with Adeline?
(a) Grandfather Ye Ye.
(b) Aunt Reine.
(c) Grandmother Nai Nai.
(d) Aunt Baba.
5. Why does Big Brother choose PLT over the other ducklings?
(a) Because he hates Adeline.
(b) Because Adeline is the least likely to give him trouble afterwards.
(c) Because it was the smallest.
(d) Because it was the fastest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who nearly runs into Niang, listening covertly outside the bedroom door?
2. What does Big Sister suggest after hearing Third Brother's revelation?
3. How old was Little Sister the last time she saw Niang?
4. Who does Niang favor among her stepchildren?
5. Why does Adeline not like to sit next to Second Brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Adeline arrives home for lunch.
2. Describe the political situation when Adeline boards the plane for Tianjin.
3. Describe what happens shortly after Adeline returns home after winning the class presidency.
4. Why does Adeline come home with a medal on her uniform?
5. Where does Ye Ye take Adeline, Big Sister, Big Brother and Second Brother six weeks after Nai Nai's funeral?
6. How is Adeline finally able to attend Wu Chen-mei's birthday party?
7. How does November 30th become Adeline birthday date?
8. Which Shakespeare play does Adeline have an emotional reaction to during class and why?
9. What does Adeline attribute her victory to?
10. How does Adeline discover Big Sister's impending nuptials?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)