|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Adeline's new school in Shanghai?
(a) Our Mother of Mary.
(b) Sacred Blessed Souls.
(c) Cardinal Gibbons.
(d) Sacred Heart.
2. Where do Adeline and her family live at the start of the novel?
(b) Hong Kong.
3. What do the brothers receive for their New Years gift?
(a) School books.
(b) Identical, loose-fitting long Chinese gowns.
(c) New shoes.
(d) New eyeglasses.
4. Who gives Adeline and her siblings money for school initially?
(a) Ye Ye.
(c) Aunt Reine.
5. Niang is half Chinese and half __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Third Brother not traveling with them?
2. Where does Ye Ye take Adeline and her siblings after Nai Nai's death?
3. What grade is Adeline in at the start of Chapter 1?
4. Why is Grandmother Nai Nai in pain at the start of Chapter 3?
5. Who is the only person who cannot give in to beg for tram fare from Niang?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ye Ye take Adeline, Big Sister, Big Brother and Second Brother six weeks after Nai Nai's funeral?
2. How were Grandmother Nai Nai's feet bound when she was a small child?
3. How many children do Father and Niang have together?
4. Name Adeline's siblings and their ages at the time of her birth.
5. Describe Adeline's experience leaving school on the first day.
6. Where is Adeline's mother?
7. Why does Aunt Baba say that she would like a job?
8. Why does Father give her a map and why is it significant?
9. How does Adeline remember her phone number?
10. How does Adeline acquire food for PLT?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)