|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Grandmother Nai Nai when her feet were bound?
(a) Three years old.
(b) A newborn.
(c) Four years old.
(d) Six years old.
2. Who greets Adeline and her siblings during their surprise outing?
(a) Aunt Baba.
(b) Their father.
(c) Their mother.
3. What injury does Big Sister have?
(a) Her left arm was paralyzed from a birth injury.
(b) She has a clubbed foot.
(c) She is missing fingers on her left hand.
(d) She is dyslexic.
4. How long ago has the custom of bound feet been abandoned by the time Grandmother Ye Ye talks with Adeline?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Fifty years.
(d) Thirty years.
5. What does Big Brother suggest they do with PLT instead of burying it?
(a) Stew it for breakfast.
(b) Feed it to Jackie.
(c) Put it in the trash can.
(d) Plant it under the roses for fertilizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the new tutor-nanny who gives Big Sister the creeps?
2. Where does Ye Ye take Adeline and her siblings after Nai Nai's death?
3. Why does Big Brother choose PLT over the other ducklings?
4. How does Adeline describe her little sister when she arrives in Shanghai?
5. What happens to Adeline as she is eating her fruit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the children plot against Niang and the final result of their actions.
2. Where is Adeline's mother?
3. Why does the family consider Adeline to be bad luck?
4. Who does Father remarry after their mother dies?
5. Describe Adeline's relationship with PLT.
6. Summarize Adeline's speech as a class president nominee.
7. Describe Adeline's experience leaving school on the first day.
8. What are some of the activities the children play while on the ship?
9. Describe what happens with the wedding gifts that arrive at the house.
10. What does Adeline do that Niang says she will never forgive?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)