|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Adeline describe her little sister when she arrives in Shanghai?
(a) Like an annoying pest, spoiled to the core.
(b) Like a smaller version of Niang, holding her head high and walking slowly
(c) Like a big doll with large, round eyes and chubby pink cheeks.
(d) Like an awkward toddler, racing from one place to another.
2. Who greets Adeline and her siblings during their surprise outing?
(a) Their mother.
(b) Aunt Baba.
(d) Their father.
3. Who takes Adeline to school on her first day?
(b) The chaffeuer.
(c) Aunt Baba.
(d) Big Sister.
4. What does Big Brother try to teach Adeline to do, but no matter how hard she tries, she fails?
(a) Snap her fingers.
(d) Sing a complicated tune.
5. What does Adeline's family call her?
(a) Ade Me Wui
(b) Mu Wei
(c) Adi We Mui
(d) Wu Mei
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Adeline's mother dies does her father remarry?
2. How many fruit pieces does Adeline receive?
3. How did Adeline's mother die?
4. What do the other adults do when Niang reacts to her daughter?
5. How many children does Niang have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nai Nai die?
2. Describe Adeline's experience leaving school on the first day.
3. Describe Adeline's relationship with PLT.
4. What mysteriously happens shortly after the Japanese start to look for Father at his house?
5. Describe PLT's death.
6. Where is Adeline's mother?
7. Who does Father remarry after their mother dies?
8. What is Chinese New Year significant for Adeline and her family?
9. How many children do Father and Niang have together?
10. What does Adeline do that Niang says she will never forgive?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)