|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are Niang's nails when she points at Adeline, threatening to never forgive her for her arrogance?
(b) Hot pink.
2. Who nearly runs into Niang, listening covertly outside the bedroom door?
(a) Second Brother.
(b) Big Sister.
(d) Third Brother.
3. What does Niang do after overhearing the conspiracy between the siblings?
(a) She sends all of the children away.
(b) She sends Adeline to a convent.
(c) She calls them all liars in front of their Father that night at dinner.
(d) She moves Big Sister to the second floor.
4. Who helps Adeline to bury PLT?
(b) Third Brother.
(c) Big Sister.
(d) Aunt Baba.
5. What does Adeline feed PLT?
(a) Bread crumbs.
(b) Leftovers from her dinner.
(c) Crushed dog food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Years earlier, which war had China lost?
2. What is Adeline's favorite fruit?
3. Why does Adeline's relationship with PLT startle Aunt Baba?
4. Who does Little Sister prefer when she arrives in Shanghai?
5. Who does Adeline sit between at the dinner table in her assigned position?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Adeline's experience leaving school on the first day.
2. Where does Ye Ye take Adeline, Big Sister, Big Brother and Second Brother six weeks after Nai Nai's funeral?
3. What does Adeline do that Niang says she will never forgive?
4. How do Second Brother and Big Sister react to Adeline's medal at the dinner table?
5. What is Chinese New Year significant for Adeline and her family?
6. Describe the difference in clothing between Adeline and her siblings versus Little Brother and Little Sister's new clothing.
7. Why were Nai Nai's feet bound in such a way?
8. How does Little Sister react to Niang when she finally arrives in Shanghai and how does Niang respond?
9. Describe how Adeline gets to school on her first day.
10. Why does Niang become enraged after Aunt Baba brings up the subject of money at the dinner table?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)