|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury does Big Sister have?
(a) She has a clubbed foot.
(b) She is missing fingers on her left hand.
(c) She is dyslexic.
(d) Her left arm was paralyzed from a birth injury.
2. How does Adeline react when PLT is killed?
(a) She screams at Father and Jackie.
(b) She picks up the duckling and sleeps with it in her bed all night.
(c) She slaps and punches Big Brother for choosing her duckling.
(d) She refuses to eat.
3. Why are the brothers' haircuts much worse than the sisters'?
(a) They are forced to grow a ponytail.
(b) They have to wear it in the military style.
(c) They are shaved bald in the style of Buddhist Monks.
(d) They are forced to have long, curly locks.
4. Who comes to get Adeline after she is lost after school?
(a) Big Sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) Second Brother.
5. How many other siblings does Adeline have at the time of her mother's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they bury PLT?
2. Who does Little Sister prefer when she arrives in Shanghai?
3. What does Big Brother warn Adeline from?
4. What do the siblings plan to do after they receive their gifts?
5. Why is Adeline considered bad luck by her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ye Ye take Adeline, Big Sister, Big Brother and Second Brother six weeks after Nai Nai's funeral?
2. What mischievous trick does Big Brother play on Grandfather Ye Ye while he is sleeping?
3. Name Adeline's siblings and their ages at the time of her birth.
4. Why were Nai Nai's feet bound in such a way?
5. Why does Father give her a map and why is it significant?
6. Describe Adeline's relationship with PLT.
7. How does Adeline acquire food for PLT?
8. What does Aunt Baba do whenever something bad happens to Adeline?
9. Describe Adeline's experience leaving school on the first day.
10. Why does Adeline come home with a medal on her uniform?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)