|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person who cannot give in to beg for tram fare from Niang?
(a) Big Sister.
(b) Third Brother.
(c) Second Brother.
2. Why does Father want to test Jackie?
(a) To prove that the dog is smart.
(b) To see if his expensive training is working.
(c) To see if he is a violent dog.
(d) To punish Adeline.
3. What is Adeline's favorite fruit?
(d) Dragon's eyes.
4. What do the brothers receive for their New Years gift?
(a) New shoes.
(b) Identical, loose-fitting long Chinese gowns.
(c) School books.
(d) New eyeglasses.
5. Who does Adeline sit between at the dinner table in her assigned position?
(a) Third Brother and Big Sister.
(b) Second Brother and Third Brother.
(c) Big Sister and Little Sister.
(d) Third Brother and Fourth Brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Niang is half Chinese and half __________.
2. How much younger is Niang than Adeline's father?
3. Who greets Adeline and her siblings during their surprise outing?
4. What does Big Sister suggest after hearing Third Brother's revelation?
5. Who kills PLT?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the family consider Adeline to be bad luck?
2. Why were Nai Nai's feet bound in such a way?
3. Why does Aunt Baba say that she would like a job?
4. What mysteriously happens shortly after the Japanese start to look for Father at his house?
5. What does Adeline do that Niang says she will never forgive?
6. How does Little Sister react to Niang when she finally arrives in Shanghai and how does Niang respond?
7. Describe PLT's death.
8. Describe how the children plot against Niang and the final result of their actions.
9. Describe how Adeline gets to school on her first day.
10. How does Adeline acquire food for PLT?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)