|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the brothers receive for their New Years gift?
(a) New shoes.
(b) New eyeglasses.
(c) Identical, loose-fitting long Chinese gowns.
(d) School books.
2. What does Big Brother warn Adeline from?
(a) That Niang is trying to get rid of her.
(b) That her food might be poisoned.
(c) Trusting Big Sister or telling her anything.
(d) That Big Sister is trying to get rid of her.
3. How old was Little Sister the last time she saw Niang?
(a) Three months old.
(b) Four months old.
(c) Six months old.
(d) One year old.
4. How much younger is Niang than Adeline's father?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Twenty years.
5. What does Little Sister dump all over the floor in defiance of her mother?
(a) Her mother's gift of new jewelry.
(b) The candy dish.
(c) Her new clothes.
(d) Her dinner plate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Niang have?
2. How long is Adeline allowed to wear her medal?
3. What does Adeline feed PLT?
4. Why does Adeline not like to sit next to Second Brother?
5. How many other siblings does Adeline have at the time of her mother's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Adeline's new home in Shanghai.
2. Who does Father remarry after their mother dies?
3. How many children do Father and Niang have together?
4. Describe Adeline's relationship with PLT.
5. Why does the family consider Adeline to be bad luck?
6. What is Chinese New Year significant for Adeline and her family?
7. What does Adeline realize is somehow related to the new hierarchy of her family since Nai Nai's death?
8. Describe the difference in clothing between Adeline and her siblings versus Little Brother and Little Sister's new clothing.
9. Why were Nai Nai's feet bound in such a way?
10. What mischievous trick does Big Brother play on Grandfather Ye Ye while he is sleeping?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)