|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did mothers bind their little girls' feet?
(a) They thought it was better for their health.
(b) They didn't think women should have feet.
(c) They thought women shouldn't walk.
(d) No man would marry a woman with large, unbound feet.
2. What do the siblings plan to do after they receive their gifts?
(a) Go on a hunger strike.
(b) Write a letter in Chinese and send it to their Father in the mail.
(c) Refuse to go to school any longer.
(d) Give the gifts back.
3. Where do they bury PLT?
(a) Under a large rock.
(b) Under Jackie's food bowls.
(c) In the corner of the garden.
(d) Under a magnolia tree in the backyard.
4. Which countries did China fight against?
(a) Italy and France.
(b) England and Japan.
(c) England and France.
(d) France and Japan.
5. Who greets Adeline and her siblings during their surprise outing?
(a) Their mother.
(b) Their father.
(c) Aunt Baba.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets them as they walk into their new home?
2. Which floor is where Father, Niang and her two children have their rooms?
3. Why does Adeline leave her school alone after it is over for the day?
4. Who takes Adeline to school on her first day?
5. What happens to Adeline as she is eating her fruit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were Nai Nai's feet bound in such a way?
2. Why does Adeline come home with a medal on her uniform?
3. Who does Father remarry after their mother dies?
4. Describe how Adeline gets to school on her first day.
5. How many children do Father and Niang have together?
6. How does Adeline acquire food for PLT?
7. Name three ways that Father and Niang institute their austerity program towards Adeline and her siblings (excluding Little Brother and Little Sister).
8. What is Chinese New Year significant for Adeline and her family?
9. What mischievous trick does Big Brother play on Grandfather Ye Ye while he is sleeping?
10. What does Adeline realize is somehow related to the new hierarchy of her family since Nai Nai's death?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)