|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Third Brother not traveling with them?
(a) He has the measles.
(b) He has run away.
(c) He is being sent to military school.
(d) He is not wanted.
2. Why does Big Brother choose PLT over the other ducklings?
(a) Because Adeline is the least likely to give him trouble afterwards.
(b) Because it was the fastest.
(c) Because it was the smallest.
(d) Because he hates Adeline.
3. What injury does Big Sister have?
(a) She has a clubbed foot.
(b) She is missing fingers on her left hand.
(c) Her left arm was paralyzed from a birth injury.
(d) She is dyslexic.
4. What do the other adults do when Niang reacts to her daughter?
(a) Scream at Niang.
(b) Yell at Little Sister.
(c) Walk out of the room.
5. How much younger is Niang than Adeline's father?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Seventeen years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Adeline's new school in Shanghai?
2. How did Adeline's mother die?
3. What is Adeline's favorite fruit?
4. How does Niang react when her daughter breaks the item?
5. What do the siblings plan to do after they receive their gifts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Adeline's outing with Fourth Brother and Niang, including its final destination for her.
2. Name Adeline's siblings and their ages at the time of her birth.
3. Which Shakespeare play does Adeline have an emotional reaction to during class and why?
4. What does Adeline fantasize about at night?
5. How many children do Father and Niang have together?
6. Why does the family consider Adeline to be bad luck?
7. How do the students treat Adeline the next day at school after Niang's outrage?
8. How does November 30th become Adeline birthday date?
9. Describe how Adeline realizes Niang has learned about the secret gift from Grand Aunt.
10. Describe Adeline's experience leaving school on the first day.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)