|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fills Adeline with dread?
(a) The idea of marrying someone.
(b) That Big Sister might have children.
(c) That Big Sister will be leaving.
(d) The idea of being forced into an arranged marriage.
2. What does Aunt Reine surprise the family with when she arrives?
(a) She wants to adopt Adeline.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is moving in with them.
(d) She cuts diamonds from her coat buttons.
3. Who is the first person at home who Adeline tells of her victory?
(c) Aunt Baba.
(d) Ye Ye.
4. Where is Adeline dropped off by Niang and Fourth Brother?
(a) The Hong Kong School for the Gifted.
(b) The Sacred Heart School and Orphanage.
(c) The Sacred Blessings Orphanage.
(d) The Hong Kong School for Homeless Children.
5. Of the 1200 students at Sacred Heart, how many are boarders?
(a) Five hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
6. Which one of these people is not on the journey to Hong Kong?
(d) Aunt Reine.
7. Who discovers that Niang learns about the gift that Big Sister is hiding from her?
(a) Big Sister.
(c) Aunt Baba.
(d) Little Sister.
8. Why does a classmate mysteriously assign her egg to Adeline?
(a) She wants to make Adeline sick.
(b) She feels bad for her.
(c) She wants to be Adeline's friend.
(d) Her mother sends them to her and she hates eating them, so she gave it to Adeline instead.
9. Which languages are highlighted in Hong Kong?
(a) French and English.
(b) English and Chinese.
(c) French and Chinese.
(d) English and Spanish.
10. Which board game do the children play while traveling?
11. Who is the most popular girl in school for her wealth and brains?
(d) Monica Lim.
12. Where does Ye Ye go every morning at eight o'clock?
(a) To the living room to read the newspapers.
(b) To Adeline's room to wake her up.
(c) To the local restaurant for breakfast with his friend.
(d) To prayer.
13. How much older is Big Sister's future husband than she?
(a) Ten years older.
(b) Two years older.
(c) Thirty years older.
(d) Twice her age.
14. How old is Adeline when she leaves her home and is separated from her Aunt Baba?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Fifteen years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
15. How does the family get to the new house in Hong Kong?
(a) By a rickshaw.
(b) By taxi.
(c) By Father's large black Cadillac.
(d) By walking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Adeline believe she wins the class presidency?
2. How old is Big Sister when she is married?
3. What does Fourth Brother do while Adeline is stuck in her room?
4. How many people attend Big Sister's wedding?
5. What does Adeline do during a reading of King Lear in class?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)