|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have bound feet been a tradition in China?
(a) For twenty years.
(b) For two hundred years.
(c) For a hundred years.
(d) For over a thousand years.
2. How long ago has the custom of bound feet been abandoned by the time Grandmother Ye Ye talks with Adeline?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fifty years.
3. How long is Adeline allowed to wear her medal?
(a) Seven days.
(b) One day.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
4. Who comes to visit the family after Father and Niang return from Tianjin?
(a) Their former cook.
(b) The Huangs.
(c) The nuns from their old missionary school.
(d) The Stricklands.
5. How far away from Adeline's home is her school in Shanghai?
(a) Two miles.
(b) A mile and a half.
(c) Five hundred feet away.
(d) A mile away.
6. Who picks Adeline up from school after her first day?
(a) No one.
(c) Big Sister.
(d) Second Brother.
7. What grade is Adeline in at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Third grade.
(b) Second grade.
(d) First grade.
8. Why is Grandmother Nai Nai in pain at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) She has broken her hip.
(b) She has broken her arm.
(c) She has broken her back.
(d) Her feet were bound as a child, causing her never-ending pain.
9. What does Big Brother try to teach Adeline to do, but no matter how hard she tries, she fails?
(a) Sing a complicated tune.
(b) Snap her fingers.
10. How many children does Niang have?
11. Who does Little Sister prefer when she arrives in Shanghai?
(a) Third Brother.
(c) Aunt Baba.
12. Who does Niang favor among her stepchildren?
(a) Second Brother.
(c) Big Sister.
(d) Third Brother.
13. Which of these adjectives does NOT describe Big Sister and Adeline's haircuts?
14. Who gives Adeline and her siblings money for school initially?
(b) Ye Ye.
(d) Aunt Reine.
15. Which one of these words does NOT describe Adeline's new home in Shanghai?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did mothers bind their little girls' feet?
2. What does Aunt Baba request from Father and Niang?
3. What color are Niang's nails when she points at Adeline, threatening to never forgive her for her arrogance?
4. How does Niang react when her daughter breaks the item?
5. Why does Big Brother choose PLT over the other ducklings?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)