|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do they bury PLT?
(a) In the corner of the garden.
(b) Under Jackie's food bowls.
(c) Under a large rock.
(d) Under a magnolia tree in the backyard.
2. Who does Adeline sit between at the dinner table in her assigned position?
(a) Second Brother and Third Brother.
(b) Third Brother and Fourth Brother.
(c) Third Brother and Big Sister.
(d) Big Sister and Little Sister.
3. What changes about Big Sister after her move?
(a) She becomes best friends with Miss Chien and Niang.
(b) She stops eating and loses weight drastically.
(c) She never stops crying.
(d) She often races back up to be with her siblings.
4. Years earlier, which war had China lost?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Indian-Chinese war.
(d) The Opium War.
5. How long is Adeline allowed to wear her medal?
(a) Two days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) One day.
(d) Four days.
6. Who greets Adeline and her siblings during their surprise outing?
(b) Their mother.
(c) Aunt Baba.
(d) Their father.
7. What does Third Brother tell his siblings about Niang?
(a) That she is crippled.
(b) That she favors him above the others.
(c) That she overheard their entire plan to write the letter to Father.
(d) That she is having an affair.
8. What is the name of the new tutor-nanny who gives Big Sister the creeps?
(a) Miss Chien.
(b) Miss Nei.
(c) Miss Chu.
(d) Miss Fei.
9. Where does Aunt Baba place treasured items?
(a) Behind a clock on the wall.
(b) Under her mattress.
(c) In her safe-deposit box.
(d) In a secret compartment in the closet.
10. How long has Adeline been in school at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) One month.
11. Who does Little Sister prefer when she arrives in Shanghai?
(c) Third Brother.
(d) Aunt Baba.
12. What does Little Sister break during the chaos?
(a) Niang's pearl necklace.
(b) Her arm.
(c) The heirloom candy dish.
(d) Niang's favorite china vase.
13. How many fruit pieces does Adeline receive?
14. Why is Adeline considered bad luck by her family?
(a) Because she is the youngest child of the family.
(b) Because her Mama died giving birth to her and would still be alive otherwise.
(c) Because she is a girl.
(d) Because she was born with a mark on her back.
15. Which one of these words does NOT describe Adeline's new home in Shanghai?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets them as they walk into their new home?
2. What do the children receive for the Chinese New Year?
3. Who picks Adeline up from school after her first day?
4. Which countries did China fight against?
5. Why does Big Brother choose PLT over the other ducklings?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)