Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Niang favor among her stepchildren?
(a) Big Sister.
(b) Third Brother.
(c) Second Brother.
2. Other than Chinese, which language is favored by the people in Adeline's town?
3. Why does Adeline realize that she is all alone and no one is looking out for her?
(a) Her Aunt Baba warns her of this.
(b) Her father tells her this.
(c) She has no friends in the new city.
(d) No one realized she hadn't returned home from school.
4. How old is Adeline's stepmother, Niang, when she marries Adeline's father?
5. How old was Little Sister the last time she saw Niang?
(a) Four months old.
(b) One year old.
(c) Three months old.
(d) Six months old.
6. What does Adeline do that Niang says she will never forgive her for?
(a) For not preventing the break.
(b) For laughing when the item broke.
(c) For asking Niang to stop hitting Little Sister.
(d) For not yelling along with the other family members.
7. How does Adeline remember her telephone number?
(a) She writes it on her hand.
(b) She copies it into her notebook each evening.
(c) She has a small copy of it in her pocket.
(d) Through a numbers game she plays with Big Brother.
8. How long ago has the custom of bound feet been abandoned by the time Grandmother Ye Ye talks with Adeline?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Fifty years.
(d) Thirty years.
9. How many fruit pieces does Adeline receive?
10. Why is Grandmother Nai Nai in pain at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) She has broken her back.
(b) She has broken her hip.
(c) Her feet were bound as a child, causing her never-ending pain.
(d) She has broken her arm.
11. Where is the train headed?
(a) To Hanoi.
(b) To Hong Kong.
(c) To Shanghai.
(d) To Beijing.
12. What do the children refer to the floor where Father, Niang, Fourth Brother and Little Sister live?
(a) The Sacred Dominion.
(c) The Holy of Holies.
(d) The Kingdom.
13. Who nearly runs into Niang, listening covertly outside the bedroom door?
(a) Third Brother.
(c) Big Sister.
(d) Second Brother.
14. How far away from Adeline's home is her school in Shanghai?
(a) Five hundred feet away.
(b) Two miles.
(c) A mile and a half.
(d) A mile away.
15. Which floor is where Father, Niang and her two children have their rooms?
(a) The second floor.
(b) The first floor.
(c) The third floor.
(d) The fourth floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did mothers bind their little girls' feet?
2. What does Big Brother try to teach Adeline to do, but no matter how hard she tries, she fails?
3. How did Adeline's mother die?
4. What does Third Brother tell his siblings about Niang?
5. Where does Aunt Baba place treasured items?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)