|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other than Chinese, which language is favored by the people in Adeline's town?
2. What does Adeline's father give her after she gets lost?
(a) A map.
(b) A spanking.
(c) A compass.
(d) A flashlight.
3. What does Adeline's family call her?
(a) Mu Wei
(b) Wu Mei
(c) Ade Me Wui
(d) Adi We Mui
4. What color are Niang's nails when she points at Adeline, threatening to never forgive her for her arrogance?
(c) Hot pink.
5. Why does Adeline not like to sit next to Second Brother?
(a) He kicks and bites her when no one is looking.
(b) He steals her food when no one is looking and says mean things to her.
(c) He has horrible breath.
(d) He pinches her constantly under the table.
6. How old was Grandmother Nai Nai when her feet were bound?
(a) A newborn.
(b) Six years old.
(c) Three years old.
(d) Four years old.
7. How many other siblings does Adeline have at the time of her mother's death?
8. What does Little Sister break during the chaos?
(a) Niang's pearl necklace.
(b) Niang's favorite china vase.
(c) The heirloom candy dish.
(d) Her arm.
9. Which one of these family members does not live with Adeline?
(a) Aunt Reine.
(b) Grandfather Ye Ye.
(c) Grandmother Nai Nai.
(d) Aunt Baba.
10. What does Adeline feed PLT?
(a) Bread crumbs.
(b) Crushed dog food.
(c) Leftovers from her dinner.
11. What does Little Sister dump all over the floor in defiance of her mother?
(a) Her dinner plate.
(b) Her new clothes.
(c) The candy dish.
(d) Her mother's gift of new jewelry.
12. What is Adeline's favorite fruit?
(b) Dragon's eyes.
13. Why did mothers bind their little girls' feet?
(a) They thought it was better for their health.
(b) They didn't think women should have feet.
(c) No man would marry a woman with large, unbound feet.
(d) They thought women shouldn't walk.
14. Who greets them as they walk into their new home?
(a) Aunt Reine.
(c) Big Sister.
(d) Grandfather Ye Ye.
15. Where is the train headed?
(a) To Shanghai.
(b) To Hong Kong.
(c) To Hanoi.
(d) To Beijing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Adeline as she is eating her fruit?
2. How many children does Niang have?
3. How does Niang react when her daughter breaks the item?
4. Who comes to get Adeline after she is lost after school?
5. What do the children receive for the Chinese New Year?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)