|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20, 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets the family at the gangplank?
(a) Big Sister.
(c) No one.
2. Where do Adeline and her family live at the start of the novel?
(b) Hong Kong.
3. How old is Adeline when she leaves her home and is separated from her Aunt Baba?
(a) Thirteen years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Ten years old.
4. Why are the siblings mad about their new gift?
(a) They complain there is obvious inequality shown between the children.
(b) They cannot actually have the gifts until Father sees their report cards.
(c) They wanted more.
(d) They didn't want anything from Niang.
5. What do the siblings plan to do after they receive their gifts?
(a) Go on a hunger strike.
(b) Give the gifts back.
(c) Refuse to go to school any longer.
(d) Write a letter in Chinese and send it to their Father in the mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Baba request from Father and Niang?
2. How does the family get to the new house in Hong Kong?
3. When do Niang's plans for Big Sister come to light?
4. Who comes to visit the family after Father and Niang return from Tianjin?
5. What is the name of the new tutor-nanny who gives Big Sister the creeps?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)