|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20, 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the siblings plan to do after they receive their gifts?
(a) Give the gifts back.
(b) Refuse to go to school any longer.
(c) Write a letter in Chinese and send it to their Father in the mail.
(d) Go on a hunger strike.
2. How does Adeline describe her little sister when she arrives in Shanghai?
(a) Like a big doll with large, round eyes and chubby pink cheeks.
(b) Like an annoying pest, spoiled to the core.
(c) Like an awkward toddler, racing from one place to another.
(d) Like a smaller version of Niang, holding her head high and walking slowly
3. Years earlier, which war had China lost?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Opium War.
(d) The Indian-Chinese war.
4. What animal is Wu Chen-mei about to receive?
(a) A duckling.
(b) A fish.
(c) A pug.
(d) A bird.
5. Why is the next school day very special?
(a) It is Adeline's birthday.
(b) It is a school holiday.
(c) It is the Chinese New Year.
(d) It is an election day for class president.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notices the change in Adeline's uniform first?
2. What do the Huangs bring the children?
3. Where is the train headed?
4. What pact do Adeline and her two friends make to each other?
5. Other than Chinese, which language is favored by the people in Adeline's town?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)