|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Hong Kong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of these words does NOT describe Adeline's new home in Shanghai?
2. Why does Adeline realize that she is all alone and no one is looking out for her?
(a) Her Aunt Baba warns her of this.
(b) No one realized she hadn't returned home from school.
(c) She has no friends in the new city.
(d) Her father tells her this.
3. Why is Third Brother not traveling with them?
(a) He has the measles.
(b) He is being sent to military school.
(c) He has run away.
(d) He is not wanted.
4. Years earlier, which war had China lost?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Opium War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Indian-Chinese war.
5. How does the family decide which child will sleep on the cot?
(a) They give it to the boy, Victor.
(b) They draw lots.
(c) They let the oldest child, Victor, have it.
(d) They play rocks, paper, scissors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Sister break during the chaos?
2. How does Adeline sneak over to Wu Chun-mei's house?
3. What injury does Big Sister have?
4. What two things does Father forget about Adeline?
5. What does Adeline's family call her?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)