|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Niang demand from the children in exchange for tram fare?
(a) A job.
(b) Perfect grades.
(c) To clean the house and cook for the family.
(d) A sincere apology, admitting they have been wrong to get money from Ye Ye.
2. Why are the brothers' haircuts much worse than the sisters'?
(a) They are forced to grow a ponytail.
(b) They are forced to have long, curly locks.
(c) They have to wear it in the military style.
(d) They are shaved bald in the style of Buddhist Monks.
3. What does Big Sister suggest after hearing Third Brother's revelation?
(a) To confront Niang.
(b) To confront Niang and their Father simultaneously.
(c) To deny everything.
(d) To run away.
4. Where does Aunt Baba place treasured items?
(a) Under her mattress.
(b) In a secret compartment in the closet.
(c) In her safe-deposit box.
(d) Behind a clock on the wall.
5. How long have bound feet been a tradition in China?
(a) For a hundred years.
(b) For over a thousand years.
(c) For twenty years.
(d) For two hundred years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the siblings plan to do after they receive their gifts?
2. How does Adeline describe her little sister when she arrives in Shanghai?
3. What do the brothers receive for their New Years gift?
4. Why is Adeline considered bad luck by her family?
5. What is Adeline's favorite fruit?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)