|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Big Brother try to teach Adeline to do, but no matter how hard she tries, she fails?
(a) Snap her fingers.
(d) Sing a complicated tune.
2. How long have bound feet been a tradition in China?
(a) For a hundred years.
(b) For twenty years.
(c) For two hundred years.
(d) For over a thousand years.
3. Why did mothers bind their little girls' feet?
(a) No man would marry a woman with large, unbound feet.
(b) They didn't think women should have feet.
(c) They thought it was better for their health.
(d) They thought women shouldn't walk.
4. Where does Aunt Baba place treasured items?
(a) Under her mattress.
(b) Behind a clock on the wall.
(c) In her safe-deposit box.
(d) In a secret compartment in the closet.
5. What happens to Adeline as she is eating her fruit?
(a) Her stepmother begins to scream at her.
(b) Big Sister reaches out and slaps her.
(c) She begins to choke.
(d) Her father singles her out for the first time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member does Adeline share a room with?
2. How much younger is Niang than Adeline's father?
3. How old was Grandmother Nai Nai when her feet were bound?
4. How long ago has the custom of bound feet been abandoned by the time Grandmother Ye Ye talks with Adeline?
5. What does Aunt Baba notice about Adeline as soon as she gets home from school?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)