|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does her father react to her medal?
(a) He takes it off and throws it in the garbage.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He accuses her of stealing it.
(d) He teases her and pats her on the head with pride.
2. How long ago has the custom of bound feet been abandoned by the time Grandmother Ye Ye talks with Adeline?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Thirty years.
3. How old was Grandmother Nai Nai when her feet were bound?
(a) Four years old.
(b) Six years old.
(c) Three years old.
(d) A newborn.
4. Where do Adeline and her family live at the start of the novel?
(b) Hong Kong.
5. Why did mothers bind their little girls' feet?
(a) They thought it was better for their health.
(b) They thought women shouldn't walk.
(c) No man would marry a woman with large, unbound feet.
(d) They didn't think women should have feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which countries did China fight against?
2. How long has Adeline been in school at the start of Chapter 1?
3. How long after Adeline's mother dies does her father remarry?
4. How did Adeline's mother die?
5. How long have bound feet been a tradition in China?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)