|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Boarding School in Tianjin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing Adeline wishes would come true?
(a) To have a letter addressed to her, from anyone.
(b) To never return to her family again.
(c) To escape to America.
(d) To speak English as well as an American.
2. Who meets them at the airport?
(a) Niang's former teacher.
(b) Niang's brother Pierre Prosperi.
(c) Big Sister.
(d) Ye Ye.
3. What fills Adeline with dread?
(a) That Big Sister might have children.
(b) The idea of marrying someone.
(c) That Big Sister will be leaving.
(d) The idea of being forced into an arranged marriage.
4. What does Niang demand from the children in exchange for tram fare?
(a) A sincere apology, admitting they have been wrong to get money from Ye Ye.
(b) A job.
(c) Perfect grades.
(d) To clean the house and cook for the family.
5. What does Big Sister do to keep her gift from Grand Aunt?
(a) She hands it to her future husband as a promise gift.
(b) She admits keeping the gift at Aunt Baba's insistence and hiding it from Niang.
(c) She claims to lose it.
(d) She buries it in the backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Adeline when she leaves her home and is separated from her Aunt Baba?
2. To whom will Big Sister be married?
3. When do Niang's plans for Big Sister come to light?
4. How far away from Adeline's home is her school in Shanghai?
5. What makes Father and Niang immediately angry in relation to the children's school?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)